Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is there so much hate against Nicholas Cage?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think he's a good actor, i've liked him in basically all the films i have seen of his (quite a lot) and i always like his films..

why does he get so much stick? there are certainly much worse out there with more fame than him..

i just keep seeing people on the internet slagging him off (was just looking at some reviews).. or am i just imagining it?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nicolas Cage is brilliantly ****. You either get it or you don't really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's got a token gold digging asian wife and he's a bad actor who isn't handsome but lanky and goofy.
    He doesn't have much talent.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    He just plays the same person but in a different costume tbh, he's like the American Hugh Grant I've always thought, and he mutters.

I quite like him but that's why I don't think he's the best actor in the world
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Justice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

He is a good actor imo.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion he can only act one part - that of a slightly deranged father/professor/man.

He's alright in some films. In others he just gets on my nerves. Same with any actor I guess :rolleyes:

Cracks me up everytime.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpicyStrawberry)
    He just plays the same person but in a different costume tbh, he's like the American Hugh Grant I've always thought, and he mutters.

I quite like him but that's why I don't think he's the best actor in the world
    haha i like hugh grant too.. but agree he is just the same person in every movie..

with nic cage i don't really agree... i mean i can kind of see where your coming from but he was good in face off where he played basically two different roles...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lost interest in him after ghost rider...worst film I've seen/ will ever see in my life....
    ....literally fell asleep and woke up wondering wtf I was still watching it.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani2511)
    I think it's mostly to do with his recent roles... i.e. Season of the Witch, Sorcereror's Apprentice, Ghost Rider, etc. It may be due to him getting older/not having leading man qualities anymore, and therefore appeal has somewhat dwindled.

He has been good in some roles. I've liked him in Con Air, Face Off, The Rock etc, but as other's have said he doesn't seem to adapt very well :/
    oh i see, i haven't seen any of his recent stuff except ghost rider which i quite liked.. and treasure island or whatever it's called, which he was also pretty good in..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why so depressed all the time Nicholas?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lz23t90iBq1qi84zv.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	136130

He's way too sarcastic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

That should explain it, or just watch The Wickerman.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

how can you not love him?!?!!? he's so awesome!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifstatement)
    Why so depressed all the time Nicholas?
    See con air. Now that must've been traumatic.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because everyone reckons they could do his job
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i think he's a good actor, i've liked him in basically all the films i have seen of his (quite a lot) and i always like his films..

why does he get so much stick? there are certainly much worse out there with more fame than him..

i just keep seeing people on the internet slagging him off (was just looking at some reviews).. or am i just imagining it?
    I've noticed this as well. I personally think he is a fantastic actor! I mean the National Treasure films are just great! I liked Ghost Rider too but my point is he is a good actor who has starred in many good films and is Under rated too much.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone in this thread should see Drive Angry. I loved every second of it in a really guilty pleasure, grindhouse kind of way
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's human Marmite
    I'm sure we've all seen worse actors. I like the type of movies he does but his teeth annoy me (don't ask why ). He's alright but we've also seen better actors. And it's true, he basically plays the same character in quite a few of his movies, but what can you do? If he likes those roles then he likes them, there's not much we can do :dontknow:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he is personally that bad, he is just in really **** movies. I feel bad for him because so many beloved actors play the same role as them and people love them. For example, Will Smith plays the outsider pissed off at the world who ends up saving the it in every movie.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 27, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.