Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by pk92
Hey i'm resitting marketing! :frown:

yh i h8 marketing too
Reply 161
Original post by pk92
Hey i'm resitting marketing! :frown:

Same! I got a C in January but I really need the A for these modules... what did you guys get? From previous papers it seems pricing strategy and "Considering marketing and other issues" is surely going to come up.. any advice on how to structure/answer these or other questions which are likely to come up?
Reply 162
Original post by ameena.milly
Thank you very much.

Have you calculated free floats? Cause I am not sure whether what I have done is right.

Thank you

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App

Hi - for the floats the APT notes state: A = 0, B = 0, C = 1, D= 115, E = 0, F = 0, G= 24. H= 0, J =39, K=0, L= 0

I got the same answer except from on
E i got 10 and on F i got 58

I don't understand if what ive done its right or not. What did you get?
Reply 163
Original post by Campsa
Same! I got a C in January but I really need the A for these modules... what did you guys get? From previous papers it seems pricing strategy and "Considering marketing and other issues" is surely going to come up.. any advice on how to structure/answer these or other questions which are likely to come up?

I got a C too! I'm just resitting just incase i mess up on the SLSL paper .. i'd love to get an A in it! And yeah the Considering marketing and other issues question will probably definitely come up as its like a ritual for this paper! I don't know if pricing will as it has come up so much so they might not now but i think it's just best to revise everything. And well i think its much simpler than the strategic management paper .. but probably the same structure - you have to use you knowledge.. for example for promotion .. you'd have to try and apply 3/4 methods to the business (stating both benefits and drawbacks) and then in the conclusion say which would be the best and why.
Reply 164
Original post by wwelol
yh i h8 marketing too

Ahh i know .. it's so simple yet so hard at the same time!
anyone have a spare copy of the APT booklet/pdf please???
Reply 166
Does anyone know of any good material for f297 from teachers blogs?

Thank you

Reply 167
Original post by Moyosola
My teacher also predicts a CPA question and a macroeconomic one seeing as there is always a calculation and economics question.
I also think there will be a question about recommending a strategy and justifying it, possibly for the future success of SLSL. This might be the 23 marker as they have provided us with three strategic options in the case study.
And one of the 18 markers might be to discuss the importance of CPA for the business as the calculation question usually follows with a question that requires us to discuss its uses and benefits.

Have your teacher said anything about the stakeholder question that may come up?

Thank you

Is anyone doing f295 people in organisations?

yep im doing f295. i love that module!!
Reply 169
Original post by sophiakhan
yep im doing f295. i love that module!!

What are u revising for it?

I hate the module it is so boring I am retaking it.

Reply 170
Have your teacher said anything about the stakeholder question that may come up?

Thank you

No, but it's advisable to know the case study inside-out as we cannot be too sure.
Reply 171
Does anyone know of any good material for f297 from teachers blogs?

Thank you

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/ocr-f297-case-study-impact-of-the-economic-environment-on-the-housing-marke
Reply 172
Original post by pk92

Also how is it possible to use table 4 - "public awareness of local estate agents" in the essays?

That would just be to compare how popular SLSL is in relation to its rival. SLSL appears to be the most popular, but does it mean that their completed sales are improving with the business' popularity? So you would really be assessing the effectiveness of the business' marketing, and what SLSL can do in order to make sure that the sales match up to the popularity.
Reply 173
Original post by Moyosola
No, but it's advisable to know the case study inside-out as we cannot be too sure.

Thanks

Reply 174
Does anybody think a strategic management essay ill come up?
Reply 175
Also would it be possible to get just get a calculation question on the Critical Path Analysis? And it being worth 13 marks?
Reply 176
Original post by pk92
Also would it be possible to get just get a calculation question on the Critical Path Analysis? And it being worth 13 marks?

Yes it is possible
Reply 177
Original post by Emy25
Yes it is possible

so would we not even have to explain how we came to the calculation? It just seems too easy?
What would you put in a 18 or 33 marker on CPA?
Reply 179
I'm guessing we would have to put in the figures an then there is a part b question where we might be asked to evaluate CPA usefulness or ask questions such as these:

17. Using Fig.1 calculate how long it took to sell the property and determine the critical path.

18. Using Fig.1 calculate how long it took to sell the property and determine the critical path, if the
viewings took 82 days, the buyer had to wait 61 days to secure finance, and completion took 10
days.

19. SLSL have produced a diagrammatical representation (in days) of a typical sale. Critically discuss
the use of such analytical tools in helping SLSL identify ways to speed up the purchase process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending