The Student Room Group

girl looks just like a barbie...

Scroll to see replies

That's actually quite scary. :erm:
Reply 21
Go to the EncylopediaDram page.
That's all.
Original post by rainbowbex
her eyes only look that large because of the make up she applies.

White in the corners and then smudgy grey away from the nose? Is that what it is? Regardless she's creepy.
would. destroy.

:ninja:
Reply 24
I think she's stunning.
Reply 25
She looks /full/ of personality.
Reply 26
Cool voice and very pretty! But it must be very tiring being that pretty. People always staring at you and looking for your flaws etc. I wonder what she looks like without makeup?
Reply 27
Whilst i am normally against tonnes of makeup i much prefer that to the Tangerines in England.
Original post by Lomo_gurl
I saw this in a spanish newspaper and thought I'd share it here.
This girl is apparently 16 and lives in Florida and has become famous in Asia (and Russian MTV!) for her resemblance to a Barbie doll. Her face is pretty flawless, but abit scary tbh.

http://dvocion.diariovasco.com/famosos/dakota-rose-ostrenga-kotakoti-201203120953.php

She has her own blog and a youtube page.

http://kotakoti.com/?paged=2

I can see how asians will find her perfect as she has the big eyes and lips, it's like she's a real anime figure. :s-smilie: But she's abit too thin, and in one of her videos she shows her daily outfits, its abit much tbh.

funny how she says the NASA said she was an android as she never spoke in her videos (make up tutorials, hairstyles etc) until now.

Her eyes are mesemerizing but I find her weird somehow, like I'd be uncomfortable if she stared at me with them :s-smilie: haha but pretty nonetheless!

Uncanny valley hypothesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
Incredible eyes (aided greatly by make-up) but I don't like her weird, tiny mouth.
Reply 30
Original post by X_mark_the_spot

very interesting. do you do psychology or something? :tongue:
Reply 31
All she needs now is a Ken by her side.
Reply 32
Original post by DanielMartin
That barbie doll, must of been one of the rejects - You know the pedo dolls they sometimes make for the fritzel family, big eyes, piss ugly, you know the ones right? She must of been one of those. So yes, she resembles a fritzel barbie doll - the type that you can molest and have kids with.
The doll of course produces such phrases as " My baby has webbed feet! " and " That's not how your son does it daddy, "

Load of crap.

:lolwut:
Her eyes only look too big because she was tons of dark pencil and mascara and apparently fake lashes.

Pop in her house early in the morning and you will see a normal girl...
Reply 34
I'm intrigued by this girl.
Reply 35
She's pretty, but in a creepy way. :colonhash:
Are her eyes like that naturally?:s-smilie:
want anime eyes - just get a pair of extra wide /circle contact lens
Original post by Lomo_gurl
very interesting. do you do psychology or something? :tongue:

No. A friend once told me that I reminded him of the uncanny valley too, so I looked it up. Apparently, the juxtaposition of seemingly implausible characteristics caused him to entertain the possibility of whether I was actually a robot, lol...:s-smilie:. Interesting bloke, him. Too much Star Trek I surmise.
Reply 38
Original post by Dusty12
She's pretty, but in a creepy way. :colonhash:
Are her eyes like that naturally?:s-smilie:

I've seen other photos of her and she wears circle lenses, even though she says she doesn't I think its pretty obvious, her eyes have completely changed shape. Also the makeup and camera angle enhance that. She's pretty, but then a lot of people would look like barbies with that many modifications...
Reply 39
I love big eyes on girls, but woh, ha.
She needs to apply a lot less make up, and her hair doesn't look at all healthy really

Quick Reply

Latest