Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Primary Education Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hannnah25
Hi i've accepted durham as my firm choice for primary ed for this october.. scary stuff! Ive also been accepted into stephenson, your not on your own! Haha :smile: great to find lots of people doing primary ed before we go! :biggrin: im from manchester which is like 2/3 hours from durham, pretty scared about the distance, is everyone local? haha x

yaaaaaaaaay nice to find someone else who'll be living in halls :biggrin: i live bout 40mins from manchester so again bout 2/3hours away :biggrin: distance is scary but shouldnt be too bad as theres pretty good transport links :biggrin: getting really excited now but scared too lol xxx
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Woo thats great! Makes me feel better that im not the only Manc off to durham! Haha :wink: Yeah im so excited but nervous too, I know all will be great when I get there, its the thinking and waiting till I go thats driving me abit mad! :smile: Just gotta pass these A levels first haha

Rn207- where are you from? :smile: if we are in the same halls, might be near you in accom!

Anyone else getting excited?!
Looking forward to meeting you all! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Woo thats great! Makes me feel better that im not the only Manc off to durham! Haha :wink: Yeah im so excited but nervous too, I know all will be great when I get there, its the thinking and waiting till I go thats driving me abit mad! :smile: Just gotta pass these A levels first haha

Rn207- where are you from? :smile: if we are in the same halls, might be near you in accom!

Anyone else getting excited?!
Looking forward to meeting you all! :biggrin:

haha A-levels are killing me :P what a-levels you doing? also do you have facebook - can chat on there see where we get put in halls :biggrin: xxx
Reply 23
Original post by rn207
haha A-levels are killing me :P what a-levels you doing? also do you have facebook - can chat on there see where we get put in halls :biggrin: xxx

Im doing philosophy, english lit, music and citizenship :/ taking over my life at the moment! Hahha :s-smilie: What about you? You gotta get ABB to do the course? (presume everyone doing primary ed is in the same boat with grades?) haha. Yeah i do, I'm Hannah Rowland from Manchester you? add me and we can get chatting! :smile: x
Reply 24
Im doing philosophy, english lit, music and citizenship :/ taking over my life at the moment! Hahha :s-smilie: What about you? You gotta get ABB to do the course? (presume everyone doing primary ed is in the same boat with grades?) haha. Yeah i do, I'm Hannah Rowland from Manchester you? add me and we can get chatting! :smile: x

haha im doing maths chemisty and psychology - its torture!!! first exam tomorrow :s-smilie: yea i got ABB too :frown: hoping they may still accept me if i drop a grade :P just tried finding you on facebook - do you live in bramhall? xxx
Reply 25
Original post by rn207
haha im doing maths chemisty and psychology - its torture!!! first exam tomorrow :s-smilie: yea i got ABB too :frown: hoping they may still accept me if i drop a grade :P just tried finding you on facebook - do you live in bramhall? xxx

wow they are hard! maths was torture last year :eek: haha. Yeah i know! I was thinkin that too :P somehow i doubt they will :wink: nope.. manchester, oldham? Whats your name? :smile: i could try too? x
Reply 26
wow they are hard! maths was torture last year :eek: haha. Yeah i know! I was thinkin that too :P somehow i doubt they will :wink: nope.. manchester, oldham? Whats your name? :smile: i could try too? x

haha im now down to 2 :P whats your profile picci? ill message you my details :biggrin: xxx
Reply 27
hi!

ive firmed durham for september. stephenson college for accomodation. is anyone else?

xx
Reply 28
Original post by clairemc
Hi, I've firmed an unconditional offer. Won't be living in college as I'm a mature student. Going to be member of John Snow college. So nervous but excited all at once. Nervous about being the oldest on the course lol :s-smilie:

Hi, I'm a mature student too so you probably won't be the oldest ;-)
Reply 29
Original post by rsmith2511
Hi, I'm a mature student too so you probably won't be the oldest ;-)

Hi, thats 3 of us then, mature students doing primary ed I mean. Don't feel as nervous now I know I'm not alone :smile:. Are you local? :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by clairemc
Hi, thats 3 of us then, mature students doing primary ed I mean. Don't feel as nervous now I know I'm not alone :smile:. Are you local? :biggrin:

Yes - I live in Hartlepool so it's not too far. Have you sorted your timetable? I'm just trying to sort childcare for my 9yo at the minute :rolleyes:

Do you live nearby?
Reply 31
Original post by rsmith2511
Yes - I live in Hartlepool so it's not too far. Have you sorted your timetable? I'm just trying to sort childcare for my 9yo at the minute :rolleyes:

Do you live nearby?

I live in Redcar so maybe a similar distance as you from the uni. I have a 4 and 6 year old. Think I have childcare sorted tho. Are you looking forward to it? I am really excited to start now :biggrin:. How old are you if you don't mind me asking (just say if you do lol) I'm 31 :colondollar:
Reply 32
I'm from Hartlepool too, although I'm only in college.

Who here has got an email about a HASE ( home area school experience) Diary, to complete ?
Its like a diary about all your experiences over a 2 week period.

Emily
Reply 33
Original post by laurenx210
hi!

ive firmed durham for september. stephenson college for accomodation. is anyone else?

xx

hia ive also firmed durham and in stephenson accomodation :biggrin: hopefully see you there :biggrin: where are you from everyone seems quite local on here but im like 2 n a half hours away so a bit scared lol hopefully should be ok :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by rn207
hia ive also firmed durham and in stephenson accomodation :biggrin: hopefully see you there :biggrin: where are you from everyone seems quite local on here but im like 2 n a half hours away so a bit scared lol hopefully should be ok :biggrin:

Aw good! I'm about an hour away from Stockton but looking forward to living on campus :smile: be good to no someone before we start ! Xx
Reply 35
Original post by laurenx210
Aw good! I'm about an hour away from Stockton but looking forward to living on campus :smile: be good to no someone before we start ! Xx

yea im trying to find people before we go then its not as scary :P do you have facebook? xx
Reply 36
Original post by rn207
yea im trying to find people before we go then its not as scary :P do you have facebook? xx

Hiya
Yeah i do. My email address is Your email has been removed for privacy reasons - if you wish to exchange contact details, please use the Private Messaging system. if u want to add me :smile: xx
Reply 37
can anyone help me for my interview this week? at durham for primary ed!

just wondered what the interview was like?
what the test was like? science/maths/english?
and also the presentation?

reallyyyyyy want this place!! x

Quick Reply

Latest