Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Don't know what to wear to meet my bf's mum!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm new to this, but am desperate. Really need some advice on what to wear to meet my boyfriend's mum. I'm scared already, and not knowing what to wear makes it even worse...please help!!!

x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what have you got that you can wear?
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's the occasion?

Dress appropiately, comfortably and to suit you.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty dress if thats your style, or just jeans and a nice jacket if you're more casual.
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely something modest. If it's just home, then a nice pair of jeans and a nice jumper? Or if you want to make a bit of an impression as well, then I'd say a skater dress like this, with a cute cardigan and flats.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    Definitely something modest. If it's just home, then a nice pair of jeans and a nice jumper? Or if you want to make a bit of an impression as well, then I'd say a skater dress like this, with a cute cardigan and flats.
    No idea what I'm doing in this thread, but I like and I want :yep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wear something that emphasises your breasts so that the mother will know you are capable of providing sustenance to her son's children.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you should wear some clothes.....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    First world problem much

Lol at the negs. If this is seriously something girls find to be a problem, I worry for this world. Get lives.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot to everyone. I think i'm going with a dress option. x
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good choice with the dress your Bf mum will be friendly no matter what you wear.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.acefancydress.co.uk/bount...ducts_id/5940/

You can get all that for only £35! Bargainmart.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember meeting my bf's mum. Wore grey jeans, black roll neck jumper, tartan jacket and black shoes that got raped in the rain.

I don't think it honestly matters as long as you dress modestly and without showing your tits & arse. Just be yourself.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you wear the mother is going to think your a Wh*re, thats what my mother thought of my GF. So I would recommend you do dress as one to play mind games and confuse the mother for long enough that the next time you meet you will be loved. It may have never been attempted but its worth a try
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I met my ex-boyf's mum I was wearing nothing. He had forgotten that she was coming to visit and we were doing the dance with no pants. She loved me though (still does)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't try too hard.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anything which doesn't reveal too much boobs/leg.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonberry)
    First world problem much

Lol at the negs. If this is seriously something girls find to be a problem, I worry for this world. Get lives.
    This is the fashion thread.. what were you expecting? Just because there is someone suffering in whereever doesn't mean a girl somewhere else can't be anxious about making a good impression when meeting her boyfriend's mum for the first time.

Get over yourself.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupacake)
    Hi all, I'm new to this, but am desperate. Really need some advice on what to wear to meet my boyfriend's mum. I'm scared already, and not knowing what to wear makes it even worse...please help!!!

x
    Wear Nothing.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gobananas)
    This is the fashion thread.. what were you expecting? Just because there is someone suffering in whereever doesn't mean a girl somewhere else can't be anxious about making a good impression when meeting her boyfriend's mum for the first time.

Get over yourself.
    :rofl: I'm sorry but when someone needs to go on a ****ing internet forum to ask randomers what to wear for meeting someone's mum, there's a bigger issue

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.