Scroll to see replies

Yes igsce goeg;! How are you revising??
Reply 101
not so good so far :frown:
Five exams next week.
Reply 102
Original post by lylonmalanic
Yes igsce goeg;! How are you revising??

Yeaaaaaah man! I'm leaving it till half term mostly however I'm trying to do one case study a day! The syllabus is doable so I think I'm okay to leave it till then (although I have history, physics and maths a day or two after the geog so I'm gonna be cramming like crazy!) You? And what topics have you chosen in geog?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 10 exams in a week so I'm really about to eviscerate myself :frown:
Reply 104
Original post by apoorvahk
I have 10 exams in a week so I'm really about to eviscerate myself :frown:

OMG. so many..
Reply 105
I'm doing edexcel geog too, idk how to revise though :\
What sections are you guys doing? I'm doing 1,3,4,5 and 8
Reply 106
Original post by Navo D.

I'm doing rivers (1), hazardous environments (3), economic activity and energy (4), urban environments (6), globalisation and migration (8). All the same but I'm not doing rural environments! I really don't know either but I bought the revision guide and its way more concise than the textbook I have so I'm just learning that and case studies (or shall I say, going to learn as in, future tense....hmm...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone doing french and spanish here? if so, what writing topics do you think may come up ?
Original post by Navo D.

I'll do Coasts (2), Natural Hazards (3), Economic Activity and Energy (4), Rural Environments (5) and either Fragile Environments or Globalization but i cant decide :/
Reply 109
Globalisation is a lot shorter XD Even though I take bio I still find fragile to be considerable harder to score in than Globalisation :x But rural is by far my weakest section.
any idea regarding the upcoming igcse physics, chemistry and mathematics b paper 2? :confused:
is everyone excited for french tomorrow?! Lol joke I have not revised :/ I'm relying on my oral so i'm prioritising biology now (aqa)
guise
you know how people who are heterozygous for sickle cell anaemia are less likely to get malaria? how come people who are homozygous aren't? been bugging me ages... :/
Original post by King Amukee
guise
you know how people who are heterozygous for sickle cell anaemia are less likely to get malaria? how come people who are homozygous aren't? been bugging me ages... :/

If you are homozygous for sickle cell alleles or if you are heterozygous for sickle cell, then you are resistant/ much less likely to get malaria.
If you are homozygous for "normal" then you are not resistant to malaria.

However, if you are homozygous for sickle cell then you will be anaemic and you will probably die at a much younger age...
Original post by Llewellyn
If you are homozygous for sickle cell alleles or if you are heterozygous for sickle cell, then you are resistant/ much less likely to get malaria.
If you are homozygous for "normal" then you are not resistant to malaria.

However, if you are homozygous for sickle cell then you will be anaemic and you will probably die at a much younger age...

oh right so it's because you die at an early age. well that clears it up, cheers :smile:
Good luck IGCSE French people for tomorrow! :biggrin:
3 hours till french igcse discussion... the anticipation is burning me
You can't discuss French until 4:30am as it is an afternoon exam.
Reply 118
Are we allowed to talk about physics at 12am?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amalik_
Are we allowed to talk about physics at 12am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Although if you are doing your GCSEs then advise getting into a good sleeping schedule.

Quick Reply

Latest