Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lancaster or bath?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    got offers from both unis, bath asks for the second highest grade in economics, maths and english while lancaster asks for the second highest grade in biology, chemistry and economics. lancaster is also giving me a dual offer, like if i get two subjects fulfilled, but one getting the third highest grade, they will still consider me in another business course.
    I am not a UK student so yea my fds told me that lancaster isnt THAT good, but the dual offer is quite appealing
    BUT bath is returning the offer in a week while it takes like 5 to 6 months for lancaster.
    so which business school shud i choose??? or can anyone give more information regarding the two unis?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    can't help you there as I will be studying in Lancaster next year, but you should contact Lancaster and ask whether they would give you a dual offer if you choose them as your insurance, therefore you would be guaranteed a place.
    Both unies are very high in universities leage tables, but Bath is higher. You should just surf the internet for pros and cons of both unies, I mean other than your studies: the nightlife, accommodation, bursaries, etc, etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Car0llle)
    can't help you there as I will be studying in Lancaster next year, but you should contact Lancaster and ask whether they would give you a dual offer if you choose them as your insurance, therefore you would be guaranteed a place.
    Both unies are very high in universities leage tables, but Bath is higher. You should just surf the internet for pros and cons of both unies, I mean other than your studies: the nightlife, accommodation, bursaries, etc, etc.
    so everything is simply negotiable??? like i can talk to lancaster abt the dual offers???

and i know lancaster has three semesters while bath only has two, usual christmas vaacations are provided by bath. for lancaster i can for sure go back to hk but for bath, do you know whether the vacations are long enough for me to get bak to my hm countryyyy???
    THANKS wt subjects will u be doing in lancaster btw??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by centregirl)
    got offers from both unis, bath asks for the second highest grade in economics, maths and english while lancaster asks for the second highest grade in biology, chemistry and economics. lancaster is also giving me a dual offer, like if i get two subjects fulfilled, but one getting the third highest grade, they will still consider me in another business course.
    I am not a UK student so yea my fds told me that lancaster isnt THAT good, but the dual offer is quite appealing
    BUT bath is returning the offer in a week while it takes like 5 to 6 months for lancaster.
    so which business school shud i choose??? or can anyone give more information regarding the two unis?
    What's an fds?
    Which country are you from OP?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onewingedangel)
    What's an fds?
    Which country are you from OP?
    ???cant get sorryyyyy
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    so everything is simply negotiable??? like i can talk to lancaster abt the dual offers???

and i know lancaster has three semesters while bath only has two, usual christmas vaacations are provided by bath. for lancaster i can for sure go back to hk but for bath, do you know whether the vacations are long enough for me to get bak to my hm countryyyy???
    THANKS wt subjects will u be doing in lancaster btw??
    Yes, you can always write them an e-mail and ask any information you want about your offers, etc. They can take some time to reply, though. I strongly recommend you to contact them!

Sorry, I can't help you about Bath, don't know anything about it. But Chrsitmas vacations are usually pretty long, about 20 days, so there is plenty of time for you to come back, I think.
    I will be doing BSc Business Studies in Lancaster, got an unconditional offer.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can always write them an e-mail and ask any information you want about your offers, etc. They can take some time to reply, though. I strongly recommend you to contact them!

Sorry, I can't help you about Bath, don't know anything about it. But Chrsitmas vacations are usually pretty long, about 20 days, so there is plenty of time for you to come back, I think.
    I will be doing BSc Business Studies in Lancaster, got an unconditional offer.
    yayyys about the vacation part
    and yays about ur unconditional offer too
    ahhhh i really wanna get some secure feelings, like getting an unconditional rather than a conditional ones LOLs
    but u mind telling me about lancaster?? coz my fd said it isnt gddddd, but i think its kinda gd srsly
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    yayyys about the vacation part
    and yays about ur unconditional offer too
    ahhhh i really wanna get some secure feelings, like getting an unconditional rather than a conditional ones LOLs
    but u mind telling me about lancaster?? coz my fd said it isnt gddddd, but i think its kinda gd srsly
    Not only Oxford is a good uni. It depends on what course you want to study, actually. For example, the Management school in Lancaster uni has an extremely good reputation and is ranked 7th in UK in Business studies according to league tables. You can always google the league tables if you are not sure!

Well I haven't been in Lancaster yet but it is my definitely firm choice! Basically, what I can tell you about it is what is on Uni's webpage but I extremely love the idea of flexible study. Try to write a thread in Lancaster's and Bath's forums and ask current students.

Oh and the reason I got an unconditional offer is because I already have my qualifications. It takes a lot of stress away.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not only Oxford is a good uni. It depends on what course you want to study, actually. For example, the Management school in Lancaster uni has an extremely good reputation and is ranked 7th in UK in Business studies according to league tables. You can always google the league tables if you are not sure!

Well I haven't been in Lancaster yet but it is my definitely firm choice! Basically, what I can tell you about it is what is on Uni's webpage but I extremely love the idea of flexible study. Try to write a thread in Lancaster's and Bath's forums and ask current students.

Oh and the reason I got an unconditional offer is because I already have my qualifications. It takes a lot of stress away.
    i do believe that both bath and lancaster are great unis, but league tables are always showing different results which make me insecure about choosing one.....
    so how about ur secure choice???
    argh will be nice if we can be unimates hahaha

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 16, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.