The Student Room Group

friends with ex

is anyone friends with their ex, like real friends, after a bad breakup and long relationship?

my ex and i went for breakfast today. he broke up with me, so i don't understand why he is making it awkward! it was a pretty bad break up, but was over a year ago now after a 3 year relationship. i just want to be normal friends with him, but just can't seem to stop acting weird. this is like the 3rd time or so we've gone out as friends. most of the time i see him it's in passing, awkward exchange of greetings. he cut the breakfast short saying he had a meeting to get to, then just before he left asked if i had a bf (i don't). really strange note to be ending on.

is this going to be like this forever?!
Reply 1
I don't know. I'd give it time if I were you. Feelings for someone don't go away quickly but you have to appreciate that you won't get to anything like the same closeness you had before. It's a risk you have to take when you think about entering a relationship with someone.
im not friends with any of the people ive been out with in my adult years,

ironically i am friends with the ex i had when i was in school.
Tried too be friends with him, but then he came to me asking for advice on his love life,
he asked how he could show this girl how much he loved her, told me everything about her that was so amazing and then turned around and said ' I dont know if we can be friends once I get with her she might no like it' he also told me graphically of all the times they had sex toghter and how much better it was with her than it ever was with me...... ironically this is the girl he cheated on me with

Fair to say ive cut all contact and want nothing to do with him he treated me like **** as a girfriend by being his friend it was as if I was condoning his actions he only stayed friends with me to clear his guilty conscience
Reply 4
thanks for all your replies.

i think he would be a nice person to have as a friend. i just wish we could ignore the past and just be friends!

and i wish he didn't ask me if i had a new bf yet. that makes it sounds like he has a more than friends interest in the answer...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending