Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    deny. I'm sorry, sometimes they just work. I used to hate it when I was younger but as my tastebuds are maturing, I have a greater respect for complex curries and ingredients!
    p.s. I LOVE YOUR DISPLAY PIC THO!!!

Confirm or deny: Adding garam masala to a stir fry is delicious.
    are you a fellow yid?!

Oh and I've never tried that on a stir fry but I can imagine it would be lovely, so confirm!

CONFIRM or DENY: Strawberry is the nicest jam to have on toast
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    are you a fellow yid?!

Oh and I've never tried that on a stir fry but I can imagine it would be lovely, so confirm!

CONFIRM or DENY: Strawberry is the nicest jam to have on toast
    I am indeed. A big one! COYS.

And confirm. Jam isn't my first choice on toast, but if I was to have it...it'd always be strawberry.

Confirm or deny: Cooked lettuce is delicious.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    I am indeed. A big one! COYS.

And confirm. Jam isn't my first choice on toast, but if I was to have it...it'd always be strawberry.

Confirm or deny: Cooked lettuce is delicious.
    I've never eaten it cooked, but I guess it'd be ok as a filler with something else so confirm.

Confirm or deny: Oregano can ruin an otherwise perfectly good pizza.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Denied!

I love oregano, it's make a pizza for me <3

Confirm or deny; Pickled in sweet vinegar > pickles in regular vinegar
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    DENY. Spicy, sour vinegar-drenched Silverskin Onions are the sexiest.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Nestle lion cereal in no way resembles Lion Bars, and totally missed a trick by not including RICE KRISPIES considering it's a RICE KRISPIE-BASED chocolate bar!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    DENY. Spicy, sour vinegar-drenched Silverskin Onions are the sexiest.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Nestle lion cereal in no way resembles Lion Bars, and totally missed a trick by not including RICE KRISPIES considering it's a RICE KRISPIE-BASED chocolate bar!!
    CONFIRM! Mmmmmm *imagining lion/toffee crisp offspring*

CONFIRM OR DENY: cheese and onion crisps are the BEST
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolololol)
    CONFIRM! Mmmmmm *imagining lion/toffee crisp offspring*

CONFIRM OR DENY: cheese and onion crisps are the BEST
    DENIED: I prefer hot paprika ones. They make my mouth water. ><

CONFIRM OR DENY: Isn't Italian paste arrabiata sauce the best?

PS: Followed very closely by alle vongole. Miam!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Deny. I actually love a simple tomato pasta sauce, like Dominios

Confirm or deny: Pringles have lost their mind with the new flavours they are releasing currently.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    DENY. I love trying out new flavours of crisps, and the more choice, the better! Want to try the Kebab ones...

CONFIRM or DENY: Brie is not a very nice cheese (don't get me wrong, I love cheese, but Brie is just... ughh...)
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    CONFIRM: Brie is horrid, especially all the rind and when you try to remove it you're just left with a kind of chalky goo. Give me a proper cheese instead any day.

CONFIRM or DENY: The best bit of a microwave meal is the cheese that hardens and goes chewy and crispy around the edge that you have to scrape off with a knife.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    CONFIRM: Brie is horrid, especially all the rind and when you try to remove it you're just left with a kind of chalky goo. Give me a proper cheese instead any day.

CONFIRM or DENY: The best bit of a microwave meal is the cheese that hardens and goes chewy and crispy around the edge that you have to scrape off with a knife.
    CONFIRM! Respect to you Adam of Norfolk, respect.

Confirm or deny: As much as I love bacon, I think the smell of it frying is actually nicer than the taste.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    THIS IS SO SO TRUE. Ahem. Confirm.

Confirm or Deny: Eating corn on the cob isn't worth the effort. It's scorching, butter drips, it gets stuck in teethm your hands get messy. Just get a tin.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viennaberry)
    THIS IS SO SO TRUE. Ahem. Confirm.

Confirm or Deny: Eating corn on the cob isn't worth the effort. It's scorching, butter drips, it gets stuck in teethm your hands get messy. Just get a tin.
    DENIED. The whole 'awkward, greasy butter dripping everywhere' experience is what makes it so great!

Confirm or deny: chocolate bars melting on a hot day is heavenly. Yes, it makes it messy and awkward to eat because it's stuck to the packet, but OHMYGAWD melted chocolate is the BEST.

Unless you've half eaten a bar, put it in your pocket and it's gunked everywhere. Not that I'm silly enough to allow that to happen... :ninja:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Deny- messy food irritates me, even chocolate.

Confirm or deny- people who say cheese on toast is just like really cheesy pizza need their sense of taste and smell tested.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    Deny- messy food irritates me, even chocolate.

Confirm or deny- people who say cheese on toast is just like really cheesy pizza need their sense of taste and smell tested.
    Confirmed. People actually think that? 0.0

Confirm or Deny: When possible, a bit of golden syrup should be added to a dessert or in a baking recipe.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilyborden)
    Confirmed. People actually think that? 0.0

Confirm or Deny: When possible, a bit of golden syrup should be added to a dessert or in a baking recipe.
    I like my pizza with loads of cheese and hardly any sauce. I don't like to be able to taste the sauce. People tell me to eat cheese on toast instead, as it tastes exactly the same. No. NO NO NO!

Deny- not a fan of syrup, but that's probably from having a diabetic mum so not really having had much of it.

Confirm or deny- Fancy restaurants don't come anywhere near the tastiness of a ridiculously cheap pizza place.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    DENY. I love fancy restaurants!

Sorry! Though I have to give props to the cheap pizza places, they are fairly awesome

Confirm or deny: Innocent's 'Pineapple, Banana and Coconut' is the best
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    DENIED. Anyone willing to pay that amount of money for a smoothie clearly hasn't frequented Marks and Spencers fresh smoothies section... STRAWBERRIES, VANILLA AND CREAM oh GAW AW WAWD.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Choosing the "Salad" option at Subway is totally underrated as they ACTUALLY RULE.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Deny- I don't like salad and Subway is massively overrated in general. I got a baguette place here that'll do any filling you like for £1!

Confirm or deny- milk tastes so much better if it's had cereal in it. I actually can't drink milk on it's own, I hate the taste. But in cereal, I eat all my rice krispies and drink the milk that's left. Yummy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Deny! I dislike milk unless its warm and I don't eat cereal for that matter as it's too dry without milk... but I don't like the milk 0.o

Confirm or Deny
    Maoam sweets are better then Haribo's

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 2, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.