The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Confirm! So coloruful and HIP XD I just wished the taste lasted longer :frown:

Confirm or deny: BBQ sauce and chips > ketchup & chips
Reply 641
DENY. For some reason despite loving the taste of ACTUAL barbecue, when it comes to fake barbecue sauces, I hate the taste of "fake smokiness". Just reminds me of those crap chicken fillets/ribs with the drawn-on "char" lines. Ketchup, although equally as artificial-tasting, at least doesn't taste like fake smoke.

CONFIRM OR DENY: When you're a student, a tin of almost anything can become a legitimate or feasible meal when placed upon a plate of toast.
CONFIRM: Cheap and Easy, just the student way :biggrin:
CONFRIM or DENY?: Energy drinks (Red Bull, Monster, Relentless and so on) are vile and belong in the bin
(edited 11 years ago)
Confirm. Just ew. Not a fan of even their smell D:

Confirm or Deny: Salads are underrated; with the right topping/flavouring, they are definately not rabbit food! :h:
Confirm. I love harvester because of the free salad bar. You can truly transform a salad with a few simple touches. Beetroot sings heaven for me.

Confirm or deny: Cereal was better when it had toys in the bottom.
Reply 645
CONFIRM. Salads can be utterly phenomenal when the right combo is achieved!! It's only SUPER MANLY MACHISMO MEAT ONLY BRAH frat-lads that defy this to the death.

EDIT NINJA!! CONFIRM. Although guess what, Melissa - they've started putting toys back in!! COCO POPS MOONS AND STARS, despite being crap compared to their original hazelnut recipe (now just being chocolate flavoured), have CROC CLIP TOYS in them now!!

CONFIRM OR DENY: Ricicles are inexplicably far more delicious than Rice Krispies with sugar poured atop them. Somehow, their frosting layer... is crack.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 646
CONFIRM. I had to goolge ricicles to remind me that they were the cereal that were like rice krispies but a lot nicer.

C/D: "Tuna is really boring, I only eat it for protein."
Original post by TotoMimo
CONFIRM. Salads can be utterly phenomenal when the right combo is achieved!! It's only SUPER MANLY MACHISMO MEAT ONLY BRAH frat-lads that defy this to the death.

EDIT NINJA!! CONFIRM. Although guess what, Melissa - they've started putting toys back in!! COCO POPS MOONS AND STARS, despite being crap compared to their original hazelnut recipe (now just being chocolate flavoured), have CROC CLIP TOYS in them now!!

CONFIRM OR DENY: Ricicles are inexplicably far more delicious than Rice Krispies with sugar poured atop them. Somehow, their frosting layer... is crack.

SO confirm. And OHMYEXCITEMENT about Moons and Stars.I don't like them that MUCH but Im'a buy them now anyhow. But yeah, Ricicles are tons better. I really think nothing whatsoever of Rice Krispies. Though I will say I rate their multi-grain shapes. Like Cheerios a bit but..shaped like..people.

Confirm or deny: Peanut butter is only nice when paired with something sweet.
Reply 648
CONFIRM. Melissa, do you know why people faptasm over Peanut Butter? I don't. It's so mundane. PEANUT. BUTTER. The crap stuff shoved in bowls in old pubs. Crushed up. That's it.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Tubs of prawns are superior to bags of crisps as pick-up-and-go savoury snacks; they're just far less socially accepted.
Confirm. However that doesn't make them better!! :wink:

C/D- Chocolate eclairs are devine! :biggrin: and aren't as good as pofiterioles
Confirm, profiteroles are pretty much the perfect dessert, unless you get really cheap tasteless ones that is.

C/D: The bigger, fattier and greasier your breakfast, the better.
Reply 651
CONFIRM. Bacon, eggs, sausage, chips, hash brown, fried bread, beans, black pudding - now that's what I call Breakfast.

C/D: Bourbon biscuits and milk is a classic combo.
Reply 652
CONFIRM. Screw your stupid Oreos; the Bourbon is a far more soft, cookie-like dissolvey consistency that compliments the milk far better than the water-off-a-duck's-back impenetrable brittle hardness of the Oreo.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Most people just say they hate offal because they hate the THOUGHT of offal. (It's double standards, because you'll eat the muscles and skins (which are organs) of animals, and you eat offal in "hidden" formats (like puddings, sausages, etc) but as soon as someone says "Liver" it miraculously changes its status?!)
Confirm. Most people wont even try it. They say the tongue is one of the tastiest cuts of meat. And people will eat it in pies etc all the time, as it's disguised..but serve up some kidneys on a plate and they'll turn up their nose.

Confirm or deny: Kiwi should ONLY be eaten by cutting the top off and spooning the filling out like an egg.
Original post by MelissaJayne
Confirm. Most people wont even try it. They say the tongue is one of the tastiest cuts of meat. And people will eat it in pies etc all the time, as it's disguised..but serve up some kidneys on a plate and they'll turn up their nose.

Confirm or deny: Kiwi should ONLY be eaten by cutting the top off and spooning the filling out like an egg.

Deny. I know Kiwi SHOULD be eaten in in the way described...but I eat it like an apple. Skin and all. :colondollar:

To be fair, I never fail to get the weirdest looks when I start munching on a kiwi like that, and I've only ever met one other person who eats them like that.

Confirm or Deny: People who scrunch up their faces and squeal: "eeeeew" whenever served meat in a form that suggests that it it was indeed ever part of an animal (ex. poultry or fish with bones still in, etc. ), or do the "ooooh that's disgusting, I couldn't eat that poor little rabbit" or whatever, but will then happily chow down on hot dogs or processed chicken nuggets or the like....deserve several slaps to the face.

And I even say this as a vegetarian of 7 years or so, really grinds my gears. :angry: If you're going to eat something, appreciate where it comes from.
(edited 11 years ago)
Confirm... but at the same time, I could not eat a fish that still had it's head and eyes. IT WOULD BE STARING AT ME AS I DEMOLISHED IT. But I am okay with bones in fish.

CONFIRM OR DENY: American pancakes > British pancakes.
Deny! Those are the little ones right? I don't think Britain have pancakes but if you mean the Crepe style thinner, larger ones. Then they win for me! I like crispy bits of my pancakes and don't find you can get it as good with the small ones. Plus there is less surface area for topping. :wink:

Confirm or deny: Squid tastes better WITHOUT the batter.
Reply 657
Yes defo.. got introduced to American/ Canadian pancakes last year and have never looked back..

C/D: Food tastes better when it's on someone else's plate :tongue:
Reply 658
Seeing as Sam got Ninja'd and didn't fix it I'll do BOTH!

CONFIRM for Melissa. Squid gets RAPED by coating; it's a delicate, delicious-flavoured, unique-textured creature, and battered and crumbed squid is akin to a council-grade chicken nugget.

DENY for Sam, because I personally love to eat ONLY the food on my plate, and do so with a disturbing amount of protective shielding. JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!

CONFIRM OR DENY: If a supermarket/Millie's Cookies etc is offering "free samples" (little chunks) of their cookies/cakes, it's acceptable to just stand there and eat free samples up until the point where you've consumed a full, usually-full-price-purchase portion. HELL, IT'S FREE!
Original post by TotoMimo
Seeing as Sam got Ninja'd and didn't fix it I'll do BOTH!

CONFIRM for Melissa. Squid gets RAPED by coating; it's a delicate, delicious-flavoured, unique-textured creature, and battered and crumbed squid is akin to a council-grade chicken nugget.

DENY for Sam, because I personally love to eat ONLY the food on my plate, and do so with a disturbing amount of protective shielding. JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!

CONFIRM OR DENY: If a supermarket/Millie's Cookies etc is offering "free samples" (little chunks) of their cookies/cakes, it's acceptable to just stand there and eat free samples up until the point where you've consumed a full, usually-full-price-purchase portion. HELL, IT'S FREE!

Confirm. Me and my ex were actually asked politely to leave the Hotel Chocolat in Bluewater if we weren't buying, for standing there just, eating free samples. :colone:

confirm or deny: When eating, if you get a text or phone call that bitch is being IGNORED til your ready and done. It doesn't matter who it is.

Quick Reply