Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Bassman)
    To you? You don't even have the first clue about any of the science behind it. Your opinion is totally baseless...
    Regardless of my knowledge around the matter, it is "To me" therefore you can **** off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Bassman)
    Heroin's probably the main 'hard drug' that needs to be legalised. The main problem with heroin is that, because it's illegal, you never know what kind of concentration you're getting which is how so many people end up overdosing. That and the problem of it being quite impure when sold on the street. Pure heroin isn't actually particularly harmful to the body. It's extremely addictive but if someone has enough money to keep a steady flow of it and an adequate 'safe' source they can function almost completely normally in society.

No doubt heroin is a dangerous drug but it's been perceived to be more dangerous than it actually is because of what prohibition has done to it.
    I absolutely agree; I'm a chemist by degree and by my point of view the biggest thing that makes most drugs dangerous is impurities and this applies to most drugs taken in a way that enters the bloodstream quickly, including intravenous injection and entry through the nasal passage. Like I said the biggest advantages of legalisation lie in actually knowing what the addicts are taking (offering a pure substance) and thus treatment becomes easier. The only downside is again one based on morals, or lack of morals of you want; would this country vote to legalise a drug generally viewed as the most dangerous and most addictive taken? They would rather keep their appearances up and condemn such activity to criminals. Shame, isn't it?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkphilosopher)
    If you need drugs to be able to do this, then there is something wrong with you.
    And your cure is what?

A policeman or a doctor?

Regards
    DL
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe909)
    But to me, there aren't enough illness' that Marijuana can treat over the damage it does to your brain and potential implications on someone's personality to make it legal and use it in medical practise. I do think it should be a legal method of treating people but only if they are extremely ill so the system cannot be exploited.
    No peer reviewed report has ever confirmed what you just said.

Educate yourself before sending people to jail.

Pot has never been shown to cause mental problems.

Having said this, I personally think that developing brains as in the case of children should not be subjected to any drug of any kind and the only way to prevent it, which is my goal, is to get the pushers away from them and the only way to do that is to legalize and control drugs.

Regards
    DL
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatest I am)
    That does not get rid of the pushers and that should be what every parent wants.

Further, to do that job to the max, all drugs must come under the same legal umbrella with doctors being the only ones who can prescribe.

Regards
    DL
    Best thing to do is what Holland does.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cgraham15)
    Best thing to do is what Holland does.
    I would go further just to get all the pushers away from our children. Parents deserve to be given that legalization tool to help them protect their children.

Regards
    DL
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That does not get rid of the pushers and that should be what every parent wants.

Further, to do that job to the max, all drugs must come under the same legal umbrella with doctors being the only ones who can prescribe.

Regards
    DL
    Are you saying your for or against this?

Personally I'd love to see decriminalisation of smoking and cultivation (within reason). I've always loved the idea of growing my own.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All drugs should be legal. Just like alcohol and tobacco (the two biggest killing drugs) are today.

People who are addicted to alcohol (a drug) are sick. Likewise people who are addicted to drugs are also sick.

One group of people we help make better, the other group we send to prison. Why is this? This is not helping anybody.

The only people benefiting from the illegality of drugs, are the drug dealers, since it pushes up the prices of their wares.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    Are you saying your for or against this?

Personally I'd love to see decriminalisation of smoking and cultivation (within reason). I've always loved the idea of growing my own.
    I am for putting all drugs and their use between a doctor and his patient.

This is the only way to rid ourselves of all pushers as they would not be able to compete and from an economic view, we in the legal economy would no longer subsidize and pay the share of those in the black market.

This is also the only way that parents can protect their children.

Regards
    DL
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empire08)
    All drugs should be legal. Just like alcohol and tobacco (the two biggest killing drugs) are today.

People who are addicted to alcohol (a drug) are sick. Likewise people who are addicted to drugs are also sick.

One group of people we help make better, the other group we send to prison. Why is this? This is not helping anybody.

The only people benefiting from the illegality of drugs, are the drug dealers, since it pushes up the prices of their wares.
    + 1

This agrees with us and so does every major professional report for 100 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CGlD50mdbs

Regards
    DL
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am for putting all drugs and their use between a doctor and his patient.

This is the only way to rid ourselves of all pushers as they would not be able to compete and from an economic view, we in the legal economy would no longer subsidize and pay the share of those in the black market.

This is also the only way that parents can protect their children.

Regards
    DL
    That wouldn't solve the problem of drug dealers at all. If cannabis was difficult to obtain legally then the illegal sale of cannabis would continue.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drug users and tax payers. Is it time to make the pushers pay for the party?

The drug trade is controlled by Governments and their laws. They are controlling drug pushers. Our masters profit while we suffer financially and morally. Drug users and tax payers pay heavily for rich elitist parties.

Tax payers have been underwriting the taxes that the drug trade has not been paying for a long time. That is thousands of dollars to the tax payer every year. The Governments are thus punishing the taxpayer twice. We pay them to war against us.

For a war we are losing and that was never justified and is counter to Governmental reports. Governments are not taking their own advice.

Drug users and tax payers have been paying the largest price in this war while the rich get richer.

Had enough yet?

http://imgur.com/a/90sTN
    Name:  anim_sheepshagger.gif
Views: 12
Size:  4.9 KB

Regards
    DL
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    That wouldn't solve the problem of drug dealers at all. If cannabis was difficult to obtain legally then the illegal sale of cannabis would continue.
    Not appreciably.

Not enough to offset the fact that parents will be able to control what their children are doing.

Regards
    DL

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 20, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.