Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men and their deteriorating moral and family values.

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

As members of Western democratic nation, we have witnessed a marked deterioration in morality and family values.

Children start at an early age to sample the pleasures life offers them in the world of drugs, sex, autonomy and abuse of the safety nets that we as parents have put in place for them.

They do these things because they see us, their parents, doing the same thing. We are reaping what we are sowing. It is impossible to keep our abusive adult activities from passing down to our children. They know all our little secrets and tricks and will continue to emulate us.

Over time, looking at parents and our interaction with our children; especially today; the internet and other technologies have drastically reduced the parent child interaction. It is obvious to anyone with good judgement; collectively our morals and ethics have declined along with our family values.

Proof of this lies in how we allow our children to dress and act.

We are basically allowing our children, male and female, to look and act like skanks and whores.

We are allowing or male children to run amuck and act like irresponsible bull studs with no responsibility for their illegitimate children. We men also facilitate the rampant drug us, both legal and illegal.

Both men and women are to blame. Men, as the institutionally sanctioned heads of the family; must carry more blame. The world is not witnessing men stepping up to this responsibility. You, as a man are not walking your talk.

As men, if we are to call ourselves true men, should consider doing so. Perhaps we can stop acting like spoiled children ourselves and start giving our children a good example.

Women will also have to stop looking like and teaching their daughters to look like skanks and whores. We must stop teaching our children to idolize certain questionable entertainers who will do nothing but ensure a next generation of skanks and whores.

Do you agree?

Regards
    DL

P S. Morality has a price. To increase ours will take wealth. Are our children worth it to us?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/june-c..._b_922656.html
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I apologize for liking what you don't like.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Condoms/Femidoms?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Morals are not "deteriorating" they are just changing also children have always faced many issues regardless of the time period or generation.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's because of Islam and Muslims.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatest I am)

As members of Western democratic nation, we have witnessed a marked deterioration in morality and family values.

Children start at an early age to sample the pleasures life offers them in the world of drugs, sex, autonomy and abuse of the safety nets that we as parents have put in place for them.

They do these things because they see us, their parents, doing the same thing. We are reaping what we are sowing. It is impossible to keep our abusive adult activities from passing down to our children. They know all our little secrets and tricks and will continue to emulate us.

Over time, looking at parents and our interaction with our children; especially today; the internet and other technologies have drastically reduced the parent child interaction. It is obvious to anyone with good judgement; collectively our morals and ethics have declined along with our family values.

We are basically allowing our children, male and female, to look and act like skanks and whores.

We are allowing or male children to run amuck and act like irresponsible bull studs with no responsibility for their illegitimate children. We men also facilitate the rampant drug us, both legal and illegal.

Both men and women are to blame. Men, as the institutionally sanctioned heads of the family; must carry more blame. The world is not witnessing men stepping up to this responsibility. You, as a man are not walking your talk.

As men, if we are to call ourselves true men, should consider doing so. Perhaps we can stop acting like spoiled children ourselves and start giving our children a good example.

Women will also have to stop looking like and teaching their daughters to look like skanks and whores. We must stop teaching our children to idolize certain questionable entertainers who will do nothing but ensure a next generation of skanks and whores.

Do you agree?

Regards
    DL

P S. Morality has a price. To increase ours will take wealth. Are our children worth it to us?

I agree in principle with the sentiment that you are expressing, and I think the respondents who mentioned "femidoms" are being extremely pathetic, Politically Correct, not seeing the bigger picture and completely missing the point. There has been an extreme decay of society and this has been caused intentionally by policies put in place by political think tanks so that certain ideologies could be put into place.

Dr. Gerald L. Atkinson writes that “History identifies a small group of German intellectuals who devised concepts, processes, and action plans which conform very closely to what Americans presently observe every day in their culture. Observations, such as those made in this series of essays, can be directly traced to the work of this core group of intellectuals. They were members of the Frankfurt School, formed in Germany in 1923. They were the forebears of what some proclaim as 'cultural Marxism,' a radical social movement that has transformed American culture. It is more commonly known today as 'political correctness.' By promoting the dialectic of 'negative' criticism, that is, pointing out the rational contradictions in a society's belief system, the Frankfurt School 'revolutionaries' dreamed of a utopia where their rules governed. Their Critical Theory had to contain a strongly imaginative, even utopian strain, which transcends the limits of reality. Its tenets would never be subject to experimental evidence. The pure logic of their thoughts would be incontrovertible.”

In 1936, Nazi Culture Minister Josef Goebbels, on orders from Adolf Hitler, formed a committee of academics to edit the complete works of Frederich Nietzsche. Martin Heidegger was placed on that committee; in preparation, Heidegger prepared a series of lectures on Nietzsche's work. Heidegger concluded that the most important thing that he shared with Nietzsche was the commitment to extinguish the last traces in Western civilization of what he called 'metaphysical humanism.' This commitment was also shared by the Frankfurt School.

The following photograph which was taken recently shows a notice board of the Frankfurt School’s 'Institut für Sozialforschung' (Institute for Social Research).

To further the advance of their ‘quiet’ cultural revolution - but giving us no ideas about their plans for the future - the School recommended (among other things):

1. The creation of racism offences.
    2. Continual change to create confusion
    3. The teaching of sex and homosexuality to children
    4. The undermining of schools’ and teachers’ authority
    5. Huge immigration to destroy identity.
    6. The promotion of excessive drinking
    7. Emptying of churches
    8. An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime
    9. Dependency on the state or state benefits
    10. Control and dumbing down of media
    11. Encouraging the breakdown of the family

http://catholicinsight.com/online/fe...icle_882.shtml
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ... in your opinion.

Also, I'd like to know why you think only men are to blame.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find it interesting that you refer to men as 'institutionally sanctioned heads of the family' what institution? Why does the institution's view trump that of involved parties? In short, why should the moral standards of others have any bearing on my personal choices if I do not wish them to, and what evidence do you have that the traditional morals lead to children growing up to be better adults?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Do you agree?

Regards
    DL

This article lets ethics and morals cloud judgement, they say all this but what is precisely their overall political solution...?

Please.... I would like to hear it, it may help to clarify what we can solve this by.

After all there is the problem ====> SOLUTION

We need a solution, or we will stay in the problem base forever. What do you think should be the solution is the real question?
    =)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicknick1)
    I agree in principle with the sentiment that you are expressing, and I think the respondents who mentioned "femidoms" are being extremely pathetic, Politically Correct, not seeing the bigger picture and completely missing the point. There has been an extreme decay of society and this has been caused intentionally by policies put in place by political think tanks so that certain ideologies could be put into place.

url]
    Sniped for brevity.

Interesting.

All governments are into social manipulation. At least in a free country, we who notice it can speak of it.

Good that you see the need to stop our moral decay.

Regards
    DL
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empire08)
    ... in your opinion.

Also, I'd like to know why you think only men are to blame.
    Not only men. Women as well.

The reason I highlighted men is because we live in what are predominantly Christian nations and all Abrahamic cults say that man is to lead woman and is the head of the family.
    They do not believe in equality and thus deserve more blame or praise for our present situation.

Regards
    DL
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

Do you agree?

Regards
    DL

The immigrants/coloured people did it
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I blame social justice rotfl.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_Karenina)
    No, it's cos of single mothers. Political correctness gone mad.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Self important, pompous, fatalistic rubbish.
    That we no longer find it just to mutilate adulterers or burn witches does not mean that things are getting worse.
    I was particularly amused that you thought the internet was damaging the parent child relationship by decreasing the amount of time spent in social contact by the two parties and yet you were remarkably quiet a few hundred centuries ago when boarding schools came in to fashion, preceded by child labour, rampant disease, and other wholesome old fashioned things that allowed parents and children to spend much more time together than this internet contraption does.

But hey, congratulations. You have successfully expressed your views on a message board aimed at teens and young adults, a public that's very likely to be receptive to your excessively puritan rhetoric and luddite inspirations.

After all, you've already gained the attention of some nutcase conspiracy theorist with a bone to pick with the left. That's something to be proud of! It's not like his mind has fallen for such poorly constructed nonsense before, is it?

Some people :rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisawhitmore)
    I find it interesting that you refer to men as 'institutionally sanctioned heads of the family' what institution?
    Please see the post just above.

Why does the institution's view trump that of involved parties?
    Because those institutions create sheeople. Not thinking people.

In short, why should the moral standards of others have any bearing on my personal choices if I do not wish them to,
    They may not and if not, good.

This is not about you or I though. It is about the whole community and they impact all of our choices. Take T V. You may feel like watching some but ifr all there is on is crap, then your choice is effected.

and what evidence do you have that the traditional morals lead to children growing up to be better adults?
    I did not opine on the old moral standards.
    I opine on our deteriorating ones today.

Let me give you something more on my views to ponder in the next post.

Regards
    DL
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see that I have failed to get the point across that I wanted to get across to some here.

Let me try again.

A fundamental of morality that crosses all cultures is called “Harm/care”.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

This fundamental trait says that all parents will do whatever is best for the care for their child. Parents and will also do the best to insure that no harm comes to their child.

http://www.surfnetparents.com/1382/d...r-little-girl/

http://timothyjward.hubpages.com/hub...Model-or-Skank

If you would like to contemplate what these two links are saying, you will perhaps see where I am coming from if you can think of them in terms of harm/care for children moving into teens and beyond.

The links above shows how important our role is as examples to our children and how important the role model selection can be. If ignored that we are ignoring or not living up to Harm/care. This will ultimately lead to our teens progressing to inappropriate sexual activity. The natural prompt that once motivated us to greater efforts and concerns of early sexual activity, pregnancy, is no longer with us.

Do we want all that sexual activity for them or even for us?

If we do, I see us as no better than bonobo monkeys.

The links speak of the principle of mimicry and how we and others are the role models that will be followed. I think many of us have forgotten, in terms of teen sexuality, to accentuate that it must be protected, venerated and only used for the right reasons. If not then sex will just become a commodity to be bought and sold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

George Carlin is expressing my view and feelings when he says “they don’t care” except for the fact that I am saying the same to all the parents in our countries. We collectively do not care about our children anymore. That or we just do not know how to express this love.

If you recall the picture that Jonathan Haidt showed, know that I see us at the juncture of the second and third frame.

If none here see it. So be it.

Regards
    DL
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makaveli33)
    This article lets ethics and morals cloud judgement, they say all this but what is precisely their overall political solution...?

Please.... I would like to hear it, it may help to clarify what we can solve this by.

After all there is the problem ====> SOLUTION

We need a solution, or we will stay in the problem base forever. What do you think should be the solution is the real question?
    =)
    The solution is setting community standards.

For instance, in some U S schools, a dress code is being proposed to get rid of tank tops and skirts that are just below the butt line.

I have also been looking for a fashion magazine that was chastised by the E U population for dressing babies and young children as skanks. They pulled it and apologized but the fact that they printed it in the first place shows how society at large is trying to push the envelope of immorality.
    Sorry that I cannot site it here.

Regards
    DL
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_Karenina)
    Do you even know anything about Islam?
    Thank God I'm Muslim because it's taught me to be tolerant and respectful to others as well as moral behaviour, unlike you
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    No, it's cos of single mothers. Political correctness gone mad.
    Are you blaming single mothers who are stepping up to their duty in taking responsibility for their reproduction or are you speaking of all the deadbeat dads who are not?

Regards
    DL

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 24, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.