Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Losing weight and toning up

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    This year I'm going to Greece in June and I want to lose 2/3 stone by then! I'm in college and do st john ambulance so I have quite a busy life but I'm going on the wii playing just dance and doing 1 hour zumba when I can. I'm also going to the gym for 30 minutes on a wednesday and thursday and I'm going to start swimming. And I also am starting to walk more, do you think I'll beable to lose 2/3 stone in this amount of time if I keep this up?
    Thank you!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're dropping 1-2lb a week then by June you could lose 2st
    But exercise is only a small part. Your diet is what you should be looking at/fixing. Consume mostly fibres and proteins; stay away from refined carbs and sugars; drink a lot of water, especially on workout days; if you're calorie counting then consume no less than 1200.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! (:
    I'm gonna try and just cut out all of the crap I eat, just eat my meals and fruit. And tiptops as for some reason I'm obsessed with them and they're only like squash anyway really aren't they ;D
    I've cut out fizzy drinks really my only enemy is alcohol when it comes to drink :L I'm going to ban myself from it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You let yourself get fat and now you have a holiday coming you suddenly want to lose it, sorry op; but you are lazy, lazy people don't get good bodies.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here you go, OP, read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1847116
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TZ421)
    You let yourself get fat and now you have a holiday coming you suddenly want to lose it, sorry op; but you are lazy, lazy people don't get good bodies.
    He's realised that he needs to change his habits and he's doing so. You should be encouraging him not trying to drag him down.

What better motivation to help lose weight than going away over the summer?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TZ421)
    quote for truth, people can't handle the truth, the negs don't lie

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 15, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.