The Student Room Group

Need help choosing a uni PLEASE for civil engineering

Hello i hope someone can help me

I have been given offers from a few different universities to study civil engineering such as : Aberdeen, dundee and heriot Watt Edinburgh

I have heard they are all good universities course wise, but i don't know which one to pick.

If some one has been to one of these universities before i would be delighted to hear you're review :biggrin:

could you answer these questions please

which has the best night life?
graduate prospects?
best accommodation ?

Many thanks
Reply 1
If you want to stay in scotland I would reccomend Edinburgh is the best
Great UNI
Great accom
Top 10 in England
Great Graduate prospects
Also look at Bristol and Bath if you think about the south of england
Reply 2
Oh sorry read your thread wrong. But I would definately without a doubt choose Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 3
I haven't been to any of them, however I have visited Heriot-Watt before. I found that it was in an ok location. You either like the campus or not. It's basically in woodland on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Pretty quiet on the weekend but the buses into Edinburgh seem pretty regular and they pick you up right from the Uni campus.
It's a tough one to decide which to pick. I know they're all pretty decent universities.
I think Dundee has a great reputation for Civil Engineering. It seems like a bit of a 3 way tie in all honesty. Have you visited all 3 of them? Edinburgh has the best nightlife of the 3 which is a bonus, but Heriot-Watt is out of town so it's like a 15 minute bus journey into the city centre.
If I had to pick then I'd choose Heriot-Watt as it's in Edinburgh. I'd be inclined to pick Dundee over Aberdeen for it's engineering reputation but they're all good.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest