Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Luis Suarez

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    I think he is a really really good player, makes intelligent runs all the time and is an absolute live-wire.
    Must be a nightmare trying to mark him.
    Doesn't help his cause when you've got fatty Adam and Jordan (:lolwut:) Henderson supplying him.

However he's a disgusting human being.
    Was gonna write this, but you just summed up my thoughts so accurately I thought I'd just quote you!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I made one post and then remembered why I ignore these threads. The rest of my posts have been responses to bums who keep quoting me.
    I noticed, but just knew you'd get drawn in.

(Original post by Rainy)
    In all fairness, it's among the worst of the recent spate of Liverpool-related threads.
    True story.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I noticed, but just knew you'd get drawn in.
    Can't exactly ignore the replies when the guys trying to mug me off tbfh

And I do have a habit of getting drawn in, my fault.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Can't exactly ignore the replies when the guys trying to mug me off tbfh

And I do have a habit of getting drawn in, my fault.
    I understand how you've been trying to defend Suarez in this thread & you're making sense.

He's been very good for you guys this season but his lack of goals & his attitude has made football fans lose hope in him
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    7 posts in this thread suggests otherwise.
    I love you man.

(Original post by Pn94)
    Ballon D'or 2011 Player nominees: Eric Abidal (France), Sergio Aguero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Luis Suarez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

I don't see Demba Ba on here.
    Tbh the 2011 nominees might as well have been: Messi only
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    I love you man.

Tbh the 2011 nominees might as well have been: Messi only
    LOL I agree
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's a very good player but until he starts scoring more goals he can't be compared to Rooney, RVP and Aguero.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I'm not a Suarez fan, but you cannot seriously consider comparing Cekulajevs to him, with the vast gulf in quality between the two leagues.

Tim Hussey scored 41 goals in 16 games for my home team this season before he got injured - doesn't mean it's comparable.
    Even so in the european golden boot competition that guy has a higher points than him even though he is in a lower coefficient league
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Glen Johnson has come out and said it's obvious Evra didn't want to shake his hand, he was on the pitch and knows more than you! Just accept Suarez was in the wrong with it all, but he didn't like him and Evra's a sneaky little ****.
    I do hate it when football fans support blindly it just brings a downer on the whole sport. I am pretty sure Liverpool offered an imeadiate apology to Evra for the incident and once belligerent kenny had seen the footage he apologised. Are you not ashamed that a player of yours has brought such a prestigious team (this is coming from a united fan) into disrepute, made it about him and not save the club?

Just out of interest why do you think that of Evra?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    Ballon D'or 2011 Player nominees: Eric Abidal (France), Sergio Aguero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Luis Suarez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

I don't see Demba Ba on here.
    that settles it then, obviously suarez is one of the best strikers in the premier league, as Rooney and Aguero are the only other two on the list, and he must be a top 4 player in the league as Nani's the only other player.

And Van Persie is obviously **** because he couldn't even make it onto the shortlist LOL
    It just shows you how ludicrous the Ballon D'Or voting is.

From the beginning of 2011 onwards (picked since it's the 2011 Ballon D'Or), VP has scored 54 goals and contributed 16 assists in 61 appearances for Arsenal.
    Luis Suarez has contributed 14 goals and 10 assists in 41 appearances for Liverpool, in addition to earning himself an 8 match ban.

Obviously the latter stats are more deserving of a Ballon D'or nomination however.

Honestlyl, using the Ballon D'Or nominations. Worst. Argument. Ever.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    All better goal scorers?

You said you could name ten all round better strikers..
    I know, this person needs to understand the difference.

Suarez WITH the likes of Hernandez, Sturridge, Ba, Van Persie, Aguero etc would be electric. But on his own you can't compare them. He just doesn't do what they do. They're all totally different players to him. Strikers are not all the same you know. It's quite a simple concept. I just know every top team would want Suarez on their team as much you give him flack for not scoring, he brings so much more to a team he'd be an improvement to anyone. Would probably find it difficult to cut it at Madrid or Barca though, on the ball ability is of abundance over there whereas in the Premier League it's a luxury.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    The fact of the matter is, he's not as good as Liverpool fans make him out to be, and never was
    Sorry but the world was up his bum when he first moved to Liverpool, especially after that assist for Kuyt in the United game. He improved Liverpool immensely for the last 6 months of 10/11. He looked a great player. He went to the Copa, was great there. The love for him grew even more. He comes back to England, the good run of form continues, scoring 3 goals in 3 appearances. From then, goals started to dry up a bit but the quality and creative spark he brang to Liverpool was undeniable. After he was found guilty suddenly Liverpool are not a one man team anymore and Suarez is overrated. Please. Every premier league team would piss themselves to have him in their side. FACT.

As one said before me, haters gonna hate. Next time he plays against your team and makes your defenders look foolish, remind me how Suarez isn't as good as we say.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The first one was as accidental as they come, and you know it too.
    Yeah, it was such an accident that he managed to not get dispossesed or run the ball out of play by 3 Everton defenders in his way and was able to bring it back into the danger zone. His last touch was too heavy (as always) but for ONCE IN OUR LIVES (our chronic inablity to not get bodies in the box), another Liverpool player was there to benefit. Thing is if you watch Suarez enough, a lot of what he does looks accidental. Since it keeps happening, we know it's not accidental and it's just his style of play. The Ajax fans used to call it fumble football, he fumbles over the ball and just when you think hes gonna fall over and lose the ball he never does.

I feel sorry for Suarez having to deal with the incompetence of our players. He needs a striker partner to work off of otherwise the burden is all on his shoulders and he is no Van Persie. He doesn't thrive. He overcompensates by becoming ball greedy and skying chances because of over excitement. :confused:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeshard)
    Sorry but the world was up his bum when he first moved to Liverpool, especially after that assist for Kuyt in the United game. He improved Liverpool immensely for the last 6 months of 10/11. He looked a great player. He went to the Copa, was great there. The love for him grew even more. He comes back to England, the good run of form continues, scoring 3 goals in 3 appearances. From then, goals started to dry up a bit but the quality and creative spark he brang to Liverpool was undeniable. After he was found guilty suddenly Liverpool are not a one man team anymore and Suarez is overrated. Please. Every premier league team would piss themselves to have him in their side. FACT.

As one said before me, haters gonna hate. Next time he plays against your team and makes your defenders look foolish, remind me how Suarez isn't as good as we say.
    The only people that were up his bum were Liverpool fans darling
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeshard)
    Yeah, it was such an accident that he managed to not get dispossesed or run the ball out of play by 3 Everton defenders in his way and was able to bring it back into the danger zone. His last touch was too heavy (as always) but for ONCE IN OUR LIVES (our chronic inablity to not get bodies in the box), another Liverpool player was there to benefit. Thing is if you watch Suarez enough, a lot of what he does looks accidental. Since it keeps happening, we know it's not accidental and it's just his style of play. The Ajax fans used to call it fumble football, he fumbles over the ball and just when you think hes gonna fall over and lose the ball he never does.

I feel sorry for Suarez having to deal with the incompetence of our players. He needs a striker partner to work off of otherwise the burden is all on his shoulders and he is no Van Persie. He doesn't thrive. He overcompensates by becoming ball greedy and skying chances because of over excitement. :confused:
    Did Suarez mean to let the ball run to Stevie Me? No. I watched it live, with various replays. Still as accidental as they come, because he did not lay the ball off to Stevie Me, did he?

Come back and say he did, go on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did Suarez mean to let the ball run to Stevie Me? No. I watched it live, with various replays. Still as accidental as they come, because he did not lay the ball off to Stevie Me, did he?

Come back and say he did, go on.
    So how was it 'as accidental as they come' if he still managed to dribble his way into the box?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    So how was it 'as accidental as they come' if he still managed to dribble his way into the box?
    The actual assist was as accident as they come.

****ing Liverpool fans and their tinted specs. How can you seriously try to argue that Suarez meant to lay that ball off? He miscontrolled it. Its that simple.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys lets just calm down, Its just Man united fans and Liverpool fans arguing both extremely biased views. If you think Suarez is **** then i suggest you watch football properly, the guys movement and creativity is fantastic he just hasnt been scoring, that being said he hasnt been the same as he was before that ban. But as a Barcelona fan i would gladly have Suarez on the team, call things fairly even if you dislike the guy. His stats are not great but sometimes statistics dont show everything. Lets stop with the arguing and keep it civilized okay?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Okay guys lets just calm down, Its just Man united fans and Liverpool fans arguing both extremely biased views. If you think Suarez is **** then i suggest you watch football properly, the guys movement and creativity is fantastic he just hasnt been scoring, that being said he hasnt been the same as he was before that ban. But as a Barcelona fan i would gladly have Suarez on the team, call things fairly even if you dislike the guy. His stats are not great but sometimes statistics dont show everything. Lets stop with the arguing and keep it civilized okay?
    Most people issue isn't the quality of the player it's the person himself. He will quite happily cheat as much as possible be violent and racist with no remorse and I would be surprised if barca would want a player of that character in their side. Mind you, you already have alves and busquets :P
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craglyboy)
    Most people issue isn't the quality of the player it's the person himself. He will quite happily cheat as much as possible be violent and racist with no remorse and I would be surprised if barca would want a player of that character in their side. Mind you, you already have alves and busquets :P
    Oh wow nice dig at Barcelona there. Who do you support by the way? Really made yourself look stupid there, every team has divers i just sense a bit of jealousy.
Updated: March 18, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.