Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Luis Suarez

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craglyboy)
    Most people issue isn't the quality of the player it's the person himself. He will quite happily cheat as much as possible be violent and racist with no remorse and I would be surprised if barca would want a player of that character in their side. Mind you, you already have alves and busquets :P
    No lots of people blindly claim hes crap, yes hes horrible in real life but hes got talent and you cant deny it. You a real madrid fan by the way?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    What Giggs does off the field shouldn't really be any concern.

What suarez did he did on the field.

Also we didnt do anything embarrassing like wearing tee shirts to protest his innocence, or keep bringing it up in the press all the time, or do something daft like the handshake.

Liverpool are an embarrassment to themselves and to football, liverpool are the only ones who cant see that.
    Off the field is the same as on the field. How is it any different?! It's absolutely ridiculous the petty squabbles between fans of Liverpool and Manchester United. Just so petty. Just because you are a Manchester United fan doesn't make you any more better than a Liverpool fan. Every club is going to get idiotic fans, and good fans. It's just so pathetic lambasting all fans. If United fans were in the same position as Liverpool, and Liverpool United, roles would be reversed. Fact. It's entirely arrogant to suggest otherwise, as people are not too indifferent, and just because you choose to support one club doesn't make you an idiot or better than fans of other club.

Have United fans still got an obsession with Suarez? It's just funny now. Obvious Suarez is a wum type, ass type person on the field. Who knows what he's like as an actual person? None of us are actually going to meet him, so it just doesn't matter what he is like. He might be an absolute **** which on the field suggests, but he might not be. Who cares? Off the field people do a lot worse things than Suarez but no one cares about it. It just gets blown out of proportion. And it's just got stupid, but laughable how obsessed United fans have got with Suarez. It's just so boring now. Debate has been going on for months about him. Surely people get bored of saying the same old petty crap?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Oh wow nice dig at Barcelona there. Who do you support by the way? Really made yourself look stupid there, every team has divers i just sense a bit of jealousy.
    Wow clearly not a fan of banter and I am pretty sure it's widely accepted that busquets is a diver.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    No lots of people blindly claim hes crap, yes hes horrible in real life but hes got talent and you cant deny it. You a real madrid fan by the way?
    I didn't deny he had talent and no I'm not.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Off the field is the same as on the field. How is it any different?! It's absolutely ridiculous the petty squabbles between fans of Liverpool and Manchester United. Just so petty. Just because you are a Manchester United fan doesn't make you any more better than a Liverpool fan. Every club is going to get idiotic fans, and good fans. It's just so pathetic lambasting all fans. If United fans were in the same position as Liverpool, and Liverpool United, roles would be reversed. Fact. It's entirely arrogant to suggest otherwise, as people are not too indifferent, and just because you choose to support one club doesn't make you an idiot or better than fans of other club.

Have United fans still got an obsession with Suarez? It's just funny now. Obvious Suarez is a wum type, ass type person on the field. Who knows what he's like as an actual person? None of us are actually going to meet him, so it just doesn't matter what he is like. He might be an absolute **** which on the field suggests, but he might not be. Who cares? Off the field people do a lot worse things than Suarez but no one cares about it. It just gets blown out of proportion. And it's just got stupid, but laughable how obsessed United fans have got with Suarez. It's just so boring now. Debate has been going on for months about him. Surely people get bored of saying the same old petty crap?
    Such a fail post. First you contradict yourself by saying what happens off the pitch matters, then it doesnt. You then fail to grasp that I was talking about the actions of the club, not the fans. Also I'm guessing from the eye gouging, biting and racism that he isnt a nice bloke of the pitch. You would think that people would get bored of it but Liverpool keep dragging it back up, like Glen Johnson did the other day.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Such a fail post. First you contradict yourself by saying what happens off the pitch matters, then it doesnt. You then fail to grasp that I was talking about the actions of the club, not the fans. Also I'm guessing from the eye gouging, biting and racism that he isnt a nice bloke of the pitch. You would think that people would get bored of it but Liverpool keep dragging it back up, like Glen Johnson did the other day.
    A Liverpool fan made this thread? No.

I in no way contradicted myself. A player can be different on and off the field. You basically excused Giggs's actions by saying it wasn't on the field so basically saying it didn't matter. Laughable seeing the hypocrisy shown with the self righteousness you United fans are showing in the football forum

I wasn't talking to just you, but other United fans where there seems to be a ridiculous amount of self righteous arrogant bunch of you on here.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:

I in no way contradicted myself. A player can be different on and off the field. You basically excused Giggs's actions by saying it wasn't on the field so basically saying it didn't matter. Laughable seeing the hypocrisy shown with the self righteousness you United fans are showing in the football forum

I wasn't talking to just you, but other United fans where there seems to be a ridiculous amount of self righteous arrogant bunch of you on here.
    Giggs is a model professional on the pitch, Suarez isnt and you can't deny that.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Your 'Who knows what type of person Suarez is off the pitch' post is basically excusing Suarez for his on-field actions because we dont know his off field actions. And you then criticize people for excusing (which they dont actually do, so i dont know where you even got that rubbish from) giggs actions because he is good on the field.

Hypocrites are fun
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    Luis Suarez has scored 10 goals all season.
    For all the crap Torres is getting Suarez has only scored 4 more league goals than him.
    Caroll scored 3 league goals less than Suarez this season.
    Cekulajevs a player in the estonian league has scored 36 more goals than Suarez.
    The last time Louis Suarez scored Whitney Houston was still alive.
    Luis Suarez has the glorious number of 3 assists this season.
    By comparison (and I won't use Messi as an example to compare Suarez) Mesut Ozil has 18. Van Persie 9. Torres 2.

Have a good day.
    Fun fact.

In his first year at Anfield, the one and only, Emile 'The H Bomb' Heskey had a better record than that of Saurez. He wasn't a filthy racist either.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Giggs is a model professional on the pitch, Suarez isnt and you can't deny that.
    I agree. Giggs is a model pro on the field.

Example: Giggs can be seen as a worse professional off the pitch than Suarez is off the pitch. What he did, coming from a Welsh man who admire him as a player, was sickening, and completely avoidable. Can't be a good guy to do anything like that. And that's my point. Suarez might be a dick on the field, nice guy irl, and Giggs a great pro on the field, and a dick behind closed doors. We don't know, and moralistically it's hard to care what they are like, seeing as you are watching the football, not moral watching on people. Point is people need to care less about how much dicks people are, and watch the football. Moralistically there are a lot of problems with people. Everyone makes mistakes and have their bad patches and bad parts of them. No one is perfect.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Giggs is a model pro on the field.

Giggs is a worse professional off the pitch than Suarez is off the pitch. What he did, coming from a Welsh man who admire him as a player, was disgusting, and completely avoidable. Can't be a good guy to do anything like that. And that's my point. Suarez might be a dick on the field, nice guy irl, and Giggs a great pro on the field, and a dick behind closed doors.
    But we are talking about football, I like Giggs because he's a great footballer, not because he's a great family man. (I also dont think you can racially abuse someone, bite someone, gouge someone in the eye etc and still be a nice guy).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    But we are talking about football, I like Giggs because he's a great footballer, not because he's a great family man. (I also dont think you can racially abuse someone, bite someone, gouge someone in the eye etc and still be a nice guy).
    Yeh i did edit it a bit, as i wrote it in a rough manner, and needed to clear a few things up.

I do think a lot of it comes down to how they are brought up, not that it's really an excuse, as everyone is in charge of their own actions ultimately. But it's more obvious people like Rooney came from an impoverished background and took a long time to mature, which he is doing as he is getting in less trouble. Just a case of maturity really. Too much of a deal is made up if he is a nice guy. Yes, he's probably a dick, but he's a quality football player and that's what he's at the club for, not to demonstrate moralistic qualities, though it is a nice add on albeit.

What i get annoyed about is the amount of self righteous posts. I mean, why do you guys feel the need to post all the time belittling Liverpool fans? Liverpool fans are supporting their player. You don't have the support a player's actions to support the player. It's obvious Liverpool need quality, and Suarez possesses that. Yes, these stats being shown are stupid. It's clear he is technically class and will end up being a quality player. Liverpool fans are going to defend a player who possesses world class talent whom they so need, because if they don't, the player will leave with no fan support. If Manchester United were in the same position same things would be said. Manchester United fans are in no way better than fans of another club. It's just luck who supports who as there are so many "armchair fans" of each club. It's just ludicrous and highly unintelligent to think otherwise anyway.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i did edit it a bit, as i wrote it in a rough manner, and needed to clear a few things up.

I do think a lot of it comes down to how they are brought up, not that it's really an excuse, as everyone is in charge of their own actions ultimately. But it's more obvious people like Rooney came from an impoverished background and took a long time to mature, which he is doing as he is getting in less trouble. Just a case of maturity really. Too much of a deal is made up if he is a nice guy. Yes, he's probably a dick, but he's a quality football player and that's what he's at the club for, not to demonstrate moralistic qualities, though it is a nice add on albeit.

What i get annoyed about is the amount of self righteous posts. I mean, why do you guys feel the need to post all the time belittling Liverpool fans? Liverpool fans are supporting their player. You don't have the support a player's actions to support the player. It's obvious Liverpool need quality, and Suarez possesses that. Yes, these stats being shown are stupid. It's clear he is technically class and will end up being a quality player. Liverpool fans are going to defend a player who possesses world class talent whom they so need, because if they don't, the player will leave with no fan support. If Manchester United were in the same position same things would be said. Manchester United fans are in no way better than fans of another club. It's just luck who supports who as there are so many "armchair fans" of each club. It's just ludicrous and highly unintelligent to think otherwise anyway.
    Thats just what football fans do, its not something unique to united and liverpool, its just that Liverpool have been giving us a lot of ammunition. If it was the other way around liverpool fans would be giving us just as much.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats just what football fans do, its not something unique to united and liverpool, its just that Liverpool have been giving us a lot of ammunition. If it was the other way around liverpool fans would be giving us just as much.
    I agree, i'm just finding it a very tiresome debate, and don't understand why some of you United fans seem obsessed with a player who isn't in your club? It's not getting anything across as both sides are sticking to their guns, so nothing really to prove? Just my opinion anyway! I know the rivalry is there, hence why it probably invites more United fans in then it probably would, and is an unavoidable debate, but still...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Burn him! Burn Luis Suarez!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree, i'm just finding it a very tiresome debate, and don't understand why some of you United fans seem obsessed with a player who isn't in your club? It's not getting anything across as both sides are sticking to their guns, so nothing really to prove? Just my opinion anyway! I know the rivalry is there, hence why it probably invites more United fans in then it probably would, and is an unavoidable debate, but still...
    Yeah, 'Pool fans are obsessed with belittling any and all Utd achievements - had some in the Utd thread saying Rooney doesn't score on a regular basis.

ROFL and such.
    • 4 followers

Kids don't deserve the internet.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Yeah, 'Pool fans are obsessed with belittling any and all Utd achievements - had some in the Utd thread saying Rooney doesn't score on a regular basis.

ROFL and such.
    Your point? United fans are doing more at this moment in time regardless. Don't really see much wuming in there if i'm honest. I even said all fans are not too indifferent as most fans are armchair fans as it were, so there are normal people choosing a club. Just at the moment more United fans are wumming than usual.

The Rooney debate is a valid one, and is about football, and is generally about if he is world class or not. You don't have to be a wum to say he is not top 10 in the world. I don't believe he is a top 10 player in the world. World class yes, one of the best in the world, not in my opinion. Fine if you think so though.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your point? United fans are doing more at this moment in time regardless. Don't really see much wuming in there if i'm honest. I even said all fans are not too indifferent as most fans are armchair fans as it were, so there are normal people choosing a club. Just at the moment more United fans are wumming than usual.

The Rooney debate is a valid one, and is about football, and is generally about if he is world class or not. You don't have to be a wum to say he is not top 10 in the world. I don't believe he is a top 10 player in the world. World class yes, one of the best in the world, not in my opinion. Fine if you think so though.
    Its a two-way street. The Utd soc is bigger than the Pool one, so naturally there's going to be more Utd fans and WUMming goes hand in hand when it comes to Pool and Utd - heck, we had some laughing as Utd exited the CL/EL, no doubt not recognising the irony of their posts.

Interesting how you're saying the Rooney debate is valid because its about football, but you were talking about Giggs' off-field behaviour as if that is valid. You and hypocrisy are good mates by now, though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Its a two-way street. The Utd soc is bigger than the Pool one, so naturally there's going to be more Utd fans and WUMming goes hand in hand when it comes to Pool and Utd - heck, we had some laughing as Utd exited the CL/EL, no doubt not recognising the irony of their posts.

Interesting how you're saying the Rooney debate is valid because its about football, but you were talking about Giggs' off-field behaviour as if that is valid. You and hypocrisy are good mates by now, though.
    As what happens when such a big club like Manchester United, who go to the final of the CL 2 years running gets knocked out of the Europa the year after by a team 7th in la liga. Sure it's not as simple as that, but any club will get its wums then, but a team of your calibre will attract more than any for that reason!

And there you go, back to your wumming ways again in paragraph two. I was illustrating Giggs as an example more than anything to United fans. I don't see any hypocrisy there regardless if i meant that anyway? Regardless the Rooney debate i describe is apt, as such top players will be scrutinised in such manner. Giggs debate not relevant to football, but to moral circumstances which was mainly used as a comparison tool.
Updated: March 17, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.