Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Freshers 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by E.L.S
Hello :smile: i also received an accommodation form last week and I also put self catered en suite as my preference. We could be neighbours! I put in an open application so you can imagine how lucky I felt on the open day, Good luck in the rest of your exams and I hope to see you in October! Ps. you can come to my first flat party wherever i may be living :smile:

ohhh yay the person I have on facebook wants seld catered ensuite too! She hasnt had her form yet which perhaps shows a trend of those who were allocated to St Cuths getting first dibs before those who chose it as their college. Only three exams left Im still not sure on the * I need but Biology is my best bet and its my last exam this friday! I don't want to get to know loads of people going then have to tell everyone I didn't get in argh that flat party sounds fun! :-) fingers crossed and good luck with your exam too if all goes well I shall see you there :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by NaomiMadeleine
Hey I sent my accom form back a few days ago now with the same first choice and haven't received any kind of conformation of them receiving it so am a little worried now! Did you send it via email?

hey, self catered ensuite seems the most popular option :biggrin: I hope we all get it and I sent mine by email yes, I sent mine the 9th of june and got confirmation the 11th pretty speedy. Im sure yours is just taking longer as more people have started to reply now so she has to work her way through them which I imagine takes some time so Id give it a few more days :smile:
Reply 242
Original post by brooksh1
Just so everyone knows, I've made a "Jo Butler Freshers 2012" group on facebook, so please join (if you're going to Butler!!!!)

Cool. I'l join it on Friday (after my last exam, don't want to tempt fate!), and then I can meet you lovely people who i'll be spending the next 3/4 years of my life with! :smile:

What are going to study?
Hi everyone!

So late in posting on here but-

Name: Grace
College: St Cuthbert's
Subject: Theoretical physics
Offer (conditional/unconditional): AA
Why Durham?: Collegiate system! And good academically :u:

I haven't gotten a letter regarding accommodation even though I was told it'd come early June... should I be worried?
Reply 244
Name: Helen
Course: Modern Languages (german and spanish)
College: Van Mildert
Conditional - AAB
Why Durham?: Loved the Open Day and is the perfect course!!:smile:
Reply 245
Original post by emma mw
ohhh yay the person I have on facebook wants seld catered ensuite too! She hasnt had her form yet which perhaps shows a trend of those who were allocated to St Cuths getting first dibs before those who chose it as their college. Only three exams left Im still not sure on the * I need but Biology is my best bet and its my last exam this friday! I don't want to get to know loads of people going then have to tell everyone I didn't get in argh that flat party sounds fun! :-) fingers crossed and good luck with your exam too if all goes well I shall see you there :biggrin:

Hmm maybe but I joined the Durham firmer's page on Facebook and I think most people have received accommodation forms, maybe your friend should send them an email asking for one? I don't think its that big of an issue they don't allocate them until after the results are out. Ooooh good luck, Im beginning to regret joining the facebook page as I completely messed up my history exam so when people will be like 'yeahhh see you in october' I'll be sat there like 'soz guys ive had a career change becoming a binman instead' I'n not that bothered about sharing a bathroom but the rooms looked nicer in Brooks House than they did in Parsons Field hahaha. :smile: Fingers crossed though!
Reply 246
Original post by GraceDanni
Hi everyone!

So late in posting on here but-

Name: Grace
College: St Cuthbert's
Subject: Theoretical physics
Offer (conditional/unconditional): AA
Why Durham?: Collegiate system! And good academically :u:

I haven't gotten a letter regarding accommodation even though I was told it'd come early June... should I be worried?

WOO Cuthbert's! :smile:
Reply 247
Original post by E.L.S
Hmm maybe but I joined the Durham firmer's page on Facebook and I think most people have received accommodation forms, maybe your friend should send them an email asking for one? I don't think its that big of an issue they don't allocate them until after the results are out. Ooooh good luck, Im beginning to regret joining the facebook page as I completely messed up my history exam so when people will be like 'yeahhh see you in october' I'll be sat there like 'soz guys ive had a career change becoming a binman instead' I'n not that bothered about sharing a bathroom but the rooms looked nicer in Brooks House than they did in Parsons Field hahaha. :smile: Fingers crossed though!

I'll say to only leave it a bit longer before she asks because more people have got the email :smile: but yeah we dont find out till late september! hmm I did history wjec didnt like 2/3 questions but felt it went quite well idk :/ I need my * in history or biology and im relying on it in Bilogy atm! You'd never be a bin man Im sure you'll get the grades and hmm I agree it seemed maybe a bit more modern idk I would be fine with either aswell as long as I get self catering :biggrin: (if I get the grades :L )
Reply 248
feeling slightly nervous now about not having any accommodation stuff through! Is it different for all the colleges?
Original post by lizzhg
feeling slightly nervous now about not having any accommodation stuff through! Is it different for all the colleges?

Yep, only the Stockton colleges and Cuth's sort out accommodation now.
Reply 250
Name: Amy Tyler
College: Josephine Butler
Subject: Philosophy
Offer: Conditional AAA
Why Durham?: Loved the city, liked the feel of the place, generally thought it looked good :smile:
8Name: Jenny
College: Hatfield
Subject: Natural Sciences (Economics and Maths)
Offer: Conditional A*AA (A* in maths)
Why Durham?: Generally felt like I would fit in and enjoy myself :smile:
Reply 252
Has anyone else had a spontaneous letter about a Dangoor Scholarship out of the blue? :')
Original post by mcw6
Has anyone else had a spontaneous letter about a Dangoor Scholarship out of the blue? :')

Sincere congratulations if you have one! :smile:

Wish my course was eligible haha!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 254
I'm not eligible for any scholarships because I'm from the Isle of Man :frown:
Reply 255
Original post by student1234567891
Sincere congratulations if you have one! :smile:

Wish my course was eligible haha!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I have, so thank you :') I didn't really know anything about it - I didn't think I stood a chance so never looked into it :L Amazed I was even considered!
Name: Lizzie
College: Hild-Bede
Subject: Sociology
Offer (conditional/unconditional): AAB Conditional
Why Durham?: It's incredibly beautiful, nad I love the riverside setting of my college. My coach from back home also coaches up in Durham, so I can keep with the same coach even though I'm moving 5 hours away, which is a definite plus! And of course the reputation of the uni too.
Other: So terrified of not getting in cause I want it so badly! Anyone else going to Hild-Bede?
Original post by mcw6
I have, so thank you :') I didn't really know anything about it - I didn't think I stood a chance so never looked into it :L Amazed I was even considered!

Ah that's great! What course are you doing? :smile:
Reply 258
Original post by student1234567891
Ah that's great! What course are you doing? :smile:

Thank you very much :smile: Biomedical Sciences, you? I think I might have spoken to you earlier in the thread, actually :L
Original post by mcw6
Thank you very much :smile: Biomedical Sciences, you? I think I might have spoken to you earlier in the thread, actually :L

well it's a great achievement :smile: ha maybe, its all a blur :P geography! but i'm not so confident i'll be at Durham because the exams have been so awful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending