The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Subject: Astrophysics
Grades: A*AA (urgh.)
Why Manchester?: Theres the Jodrell Bank observatory, the lecturers seemed to down to earth and theres some awesome music heritage! (e.g. The Stone Roses, Oasis)
Accommodation: Not really sure.. applying to somewhere in Fallowfields :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Subject: Biomedical Science
Offer: AAB
Why Manchester?: Because of ALL the life science opportunities, and kinda near family, which is always a plus :biggrin:
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: No idea :/ I was kind of hoping for a bit of guidance on this...
Subject: Management (Accounting & Finance)
Why Manchester?: Manchester is a really student friendly city, cost of living is not quite off the roof like London, plus student life is great. I've stayed here for 2 years and made quite a lot of friends, going to university will only make me more (hopefully?). Plus I won't have to work my ass off to get in due to the relatively low offer.
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Grosvenor, Whitworth or Grafton.
Reply 43
Subject: psychology
offer:AAB

Why manchester: always loved the city, being from Warrington I have been loads so some areas are familiar to me :P ooh and the academies always get bands I love playing them :biggrin: (not that I can afford to go loads of gigs whilst being a student but still)

I have applied for Burkhardt House, Sheavyn and Grosvenor place.

Really looking forward to starting now (with hope I get the grades).. hurry up september!!
How do I apply for accommodation?! I've firmed it and received a letter saying you should apply for accommodation ASAP but there's no link etc....
Original post by MasterPotatoHead
How do I apply for accommodation?! I've firmed it and received a letter saying you should apply for accommodation ASAP but there's no link etc....

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/applications-online

you'll need your UID number to create an account, which will be on any letters you've received since making it your firm choice.
Reply 46
Subject: Biomedical Science with Industrial Experience
Why Manchester?: Visited 3 times and I loved the vibe everytime. Top uni for the course and a buzzing area.
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting? Sheavyn, Richmond and maybe Weston Hall?
Reply 47
(new to this forum, but I'll start with this)

Subject: physics with philosophy
Offer: 1.1 German abitur (=A*AA?)
Why Manchester: visited, liked the city, liked the uni.
Accommodation: probably whitworth park and 2 in Victoria Park
Reply 48
Subject: Maths
Offer: Unconditional (I'm old :P)
Why Manchester: The university really impressed on the Interview/Visit Day. Plus lots of options for final year modules.
Accomodation: Applied for Whitworth Park, Grosvenor Place and Grosvenor St.

Does anybody know when we'll be recieving notification on which accomodation we're getting into? I think conditionals find out after results day, hoping unconditionals find out earlier since I'm going out of my mind waiting for september and any information/correspondence from the uni might make the wait seem more bareable :P
Original post by Mr Ben
Subject: Maths
Offer: Unconditional (I'm old :P)
Why Manchester: The university really impressed on the Interview/Visit Day. Plus lots of options for final year modules.
Accomodation: Applied for Whitworth Park, Grosvenor Place and Grosvenor St.

Does anybody know when we'll be recieving notification on which accomodation we're getting into? I think conditionals find out after results day, hoping unconditionals find out earlier since I'm going out of my mind waiting for september and any information/correspondence from the uni might make the wait seem more bareable :P

Unconditionals receive their accommodation offers from early June onwards.
Reply 50
Original post by TheFoxBlip

That's not too bad then, gives me something to look forward to :P cheers for the info
Reply 51
Original post by TheFoxBlip

Do you by any chance know when you'd get an offer if your offer is only conditional on CRB and Medical check, as presumably they'd come through before results day? I just really want my top accommodation! :P
Original post by Heleboo
Do you by any chance know when you'd get an offer if your offer is only conditional on CRB and Medical check, as presumably they'd come through before results day? I just really want my top accommodation! :P

Well, yours is essentially unconditional, so I'd assume it's the same as above.
Reply 53
hey guys i have been accepted in manchester university. And i am really excited to come there. just wanted to know how is manchester university in management. how are the professors ? campus ? what about the social life ? help me out please ? thank you :smile:
made manchester my firm just before! anyone recommend any self-catered halls?
Reply 55
Original post by george_1251
made manchester my firm just before! anyone recommend any self-catered halls?

for what course? :smile: and it depends what campus, i only looked at fallowfield and the self-catered ones there are richmond park, oak house and sheavyn house (i think?)
Reply 56
Original post by Lucy.Jane
for what course? :smile: and it depends what campus, i only looked at fallowfield and the self-catered ones there are richmond park, oak house and sheavyn house (i think?)

Yep, that's correct unless you're a postgrad then there are two more options :-) Those are the three I applied to because my criteria is fallowfield and self-catered also :-P x
Original post by Lucy.Jane

politics and modern history :smile: yeaah i went to Open House and had a look at Owen's Park but thats catered and i'm leaning towards self catered and ensuite, weston hall on city campus and richmond park look decent!
Reply 58
manchester firm, actuarial science and maths, offer is AAB. hope to get accomodation in fallowfield, havnt applied yet.
Reply 59
Firmed manchester for Msc Management!
Anyone here for the same course?

Is it a wise choice to choose accomodation type only for postgraduates?

Latest

Trending

Trending