Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Manchester Firmers and Insurers 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whita)
    I am sure you love it, everyone seems to love manchester!!!!! its a great place
    Haha i'd like to go catered but i'm veggie so not sure if the food would be a bit rubbish.
    Yeah, i can't wait now!
    You local to Manchester?

I've read that the veggie option from the catered isn't bad.
    But nothing beats cooking yourself I guess!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlovinit05)
    You local to Manchester?

I've read that the veggie option from the catered isn't bad.
    But nothing beats cooking yourself I guess!
    About an hour drive so not too far away So yeah i have been a fair few times and just love it!!
    Yeah i have aswell, but im a bit fussy, not too keen on a fair amount of vegetables, so feeling my cooking may the best yeah!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Chem eng
    AAA and chose it since imperial were antisocial enough to offer 3 A*s and also the third year in industry looks like a sweet deal
    Accomodation wise it'll have to be Fallowfield, leaving me with a choice between OP OH and richmond
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im thinking of putting Whitworth park as a preference in september and am a bit curious as to how the single sex areas work. My boyfriend would come to stay for a day or two with me when i start at uni, but would he be allowed to stay with me in a single sex flat?
    And is the same in other accommodation?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firm Course; Hebrew and Israeli Studies
    Insurance; Middle Eastern Languages - Hebrew & Persian
    Offer; BBC (for both)
    Why Manchester; Its such a diverse city and it's just amazing, it's far enough away from home to move out but close enough for visiting!
    Halls; St. Gabriels
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subject:- MEng Aerospace Engineering (Firm)
    Offer:- AAA
    Accomodation:- Weston, Fairfield and Lambert
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firm Medicine AAA
    I'm thinking of Richmond Park and Wright Robinson. I wanted Owens Park but I don't want catered
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whita)
    About an hour drive so not too far away So yeah i have been a fair few times and just love it!!
    Yeah i have aswell, but im a bit fussy, not too keen on a fair amount of vegetables, so feeling my cooking may the best yeah!
    Ahh i see then. probably going to be cheaper to cook yourself as well.
    Honestly, i dont know how ashburne's gonna be as its relatively small and theres a decent number of postgrads. wonder how fun'll it be.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlovinit05)
    Ahh i see then. probably going to be cheaper to cook yourself as well.
    Honestly, i dont know how ashburne's gonna be as its relatively small and theres a decent number of postgrads. wonder how fun'll it be.
    Yeahh id be interested to see aswell!!!! its in fallowfields so im sure something will be going on
    just applied: Sheavyn house, Oak housee, Whitworth park
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    firmed.
    economics and philosophy.
    aab.

still considering accommodation, not sure whether en suite is the way to go or not.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whita)
    Yeahh id be interested to see aswell!!!! its in fallowfields so im sure something will be going on
    just applied: Sheavyn house, Oak housee, Whitworth park

Awesome . Sheavyn looks quite nice, but it's kinda expensive. I think it shares it's freshers week with Ashburne but i'm not too sure!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whita)
    im thinking of putting Whitworth park as a preference in september and am a bit curious as to how the single sex areas work. My boyfriend would come to stay for a day or two with me when i start at uni, but would he be allowed to stay with me in a single sex flat?
    And is the same in other accommodation?
    I can't say for certain, but based on experience of single sex areas of accomodation in other universities that'd be no ******* whatsoever. Yeah, you'll be put in a flat with people your own sex, but it's not as though they'll stop guys from coming in, it's not a boarding school.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firrrrmed!!

Subject: Medicine
    Offer: Basically Unconditional (if i fill out a health questionnaire/CRB check)
    Why Manchester?: Course, City, Nightlife etc.. whats not to like?! (oh maybe the fact its apparently got the highest crime rates in UK :/)
    Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Applied for: Owens Park, Woolten Hall and Allen hall.

Anyone know what the "standard" rooms in Allen Hall actually are, do they have a washbasin.. ?

(Original post by CraigKirk)
    I'll join in!
    Hi Craig seeing you everywhere! hahah.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozca)
    Hi Craig seeing you everywhere! hahah.
    Indeed! Chances are I'll probably be seeing a lot more of you too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Biomedical Science
    Offer: AAB
    Why Manchester: Lively city, amazing reputation for research and Life Science
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Course: Business Management and Spanish
    Offer: AAB
    Why Manchester?: Know the city, love it, got a 'buzz' about it, great nightlife, good course - can't wait!
    Accommodation: Bowden Court, Grosvenor Place, Whitworth Park
    BUT, can't make my mind up as to which to firm - there or Queen's. Only got 'til 9th May to decide! :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWave93)
    Subject:- MEng Aerospace Engineering (Firm)
    Offer:- AAA
    Accomodation:- Weston, Fairfield and Lambert

what did you get for GCSEs and what A-level subjects did you do. did you have an interview with them or any tests.i am asking so much because i want to get into aerospace in manchester.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Sociology. AAB. Want to be in Richmond Park, love it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaboon-supreme)
    what did you get for GCSEs and what A-level subjects did you do. did you have an interview with them or any tests.i am asking so much because i want to get into aerospace in manchester.
    I did not have an interview. I got 3A* 6As and a couple of Bs in GCSE. Don't worry about GCSE's tbh.......i dont think they care much abt gcse's.......as long as you have a good personal statement, a good reference and meet thier minimum requirements.....you should be offered a place.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Medicine
    Offer: AAA
    Why Manchester?: CURRY MILE
    Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Richmond or sheavyn
Updated: August 17, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.