Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Manchester Firmers and Insurers 2012

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whita)
    I am sure you love it, everyone seems to love manchester!!!!! its a great place
    Haha i'd like to go catered but i'm veggie so not sure if the food would be a bit rubbish.
    Yeah, i can't wait now!
    You local to Manchester?

I've read that the veggie option from the catered isn't bad.
    But nothing beats cooking yourself I guess!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlovinit05)
    You local to Manchester?

I've read that the veggie option from the catered isn't bad.
    But nothing beats cooking yourself I guess!
    About an hour drive so not too far away So yeah i have been a fair few times and just love it!!
    Yeah i have aswell, but im a bit fussy, not too keen on a fair amount of vegetables, so feeling my cooking may the best yeah!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Chem eng
    AAA and chose it since imperial were antisocial enough to offer 3 A*s and also the third year in industry looks like a sweet deal
    Accomodation wise it'll have to be Fallowfield, leaving me with a choice between OP OH and richmond
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im thinking of putting Whitworth park as a preference in september and am a bit curious as to how the single sex areas work. My boyfriend would come to stay for a day or two with me when i start at uni, but would he be allowed to stay with me in a single sex flat?
    And is the same in other accommodation?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firm Course; Hebrew and Israeli Studies
    Insurance; Middle Eastern Languages - Hebrew & Persian
    Offer; BBC (for both)
    Why Manchester; Its such a diverse city and it's just amazing, it's far enough away from home to move out but close enough for visiting!
    Halls; St. Gabriels
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subject:- MEng Aerospace Engineering (Firm)
    Offer:- AAA
    Accomodation:- Weston, Fairfield and Lambert
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firm Medicine AAA
    I'm thinking of Richmond Park and Wright Robinson. I wanted Owens Park but I don't want catered
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whita)
    About an hour drive so not too far away So yeah i have been a fair few times and just love it!!
    Yeah i have aswell, but im a bit fussy, not too keen on a fair amount of vegetables, so feeling my cooking may the best yeah!
    Ahh i see then. probably going to be cheaper to cook yourself as well.
    Honestly, i dont know how ashburne's gonna be as its relatively small and theres a decent number of postgrads. wonder how fun'll it be.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlovinit05)
    Ahh i see then. probably going to be cheaper to cook yourself as well.
    Honestly, i dont know how ashburne's gonna be as its relatively small and theres a decent number of postgrads. wonder how fun'll it be.
    Yeahh id be interested to see aswell!!!! its in fallowfields so im sure something will be going on
    just applied: Sheavyn house, Oak housee, Whitworth park
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    firmed.
    economics and philosophy.
    aab.

still considering accommodation, not sure whether en suite is the way to go or not.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whita)
    Yeahh id be interested to see aswell!!!! its in fallowfields so im sure something will be going on
    just applied: Sheavyn house, Oak housee, Whitworth park

Awesome . Sheavyn looks quite nice, but it's kinda expensive. I think it shares it's freshers week with Ashburne but i'm not too sure!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whita)
    im thinking of putting Whitworth park as a preference in september and am a bit curious as to how the single sex areas work. My boyfriend would come to stay for a day or two with me when i start at uni, but would he be allowed to stay with me in a single sex flat?
    And is the same in other accommodation?
    I can't say for certain, but based on experience of single sex areas of accomodation in other universities that'd be no problem whatsoever. Yeah, you'll be put in a flat with people your own sex, but it's not as though they'll stop guys from coming in, it's not a boarding school.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firrrrmed!!

Subject: Medicine
    Offer: Basically Unconditional (if i fill out a health questionnaire/CRB check)
    Why Manchester?: Course, City, Nightlife etc.. whats not to like?! (oh maybe the fact its apparently got the highest crime rates in UK :/)
    Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Applied for: Owens Park, Woolten Hall and Allen hall.

Anyone know what the "standard" rooms in Allen Hall actually are, do they have a washbasin.. ?

(Original post by CraigKirk)
    I'll join in!
    Hi Craig seeing you everywhere! hahah.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozca)
    Hi Craig seeing you everywhere! hahah.
    Indeed! Chances are I'll probably be seeing a lot more of you too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Biomedical Science
    Offer: AAB
    Why Manchester: Lively city, amazing reputation for research and Life Science
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Course: Business Management and Spanish
    Offer: AAB
    Why Manchester?: Know the city, love it, got a 'buzz' about it, great nightlife, good course - can't wait!
    Accommodation: Bowden Court, Grosvenor Place, Whitworth Park
    BUT, can't make my mind up as to which to firm - there or Queen's. Only got 'til 9th May to decide! :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWave93)
    Subject:- MEng Aerospace Engineering (Firm)
    Offer:- AAA
    Accomodation:- Weston, Fairfield and Lambert

what did you get for GCSEs and what A-level subjects did you do. did you have an interview with them or any tests.i am asking so much because i want to get into aerospace in manchester.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Sociology. AAB. Want to be in Richmond Park, love it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaboon-supreme)
    what did you get for GCSEs and what A-level subjects did you do. did you have an interview with them or any tests.i am asking so much because i want to get into aerospace in manchester.
    I did not have an interview. I got 3A* 6As and a couple of Bs in GCSE. Don't worry about GCSE's tbh.......i dont think they care much abt gcse's.......as long as you have a good personal statement, a good reference and meet thier minimum requirements.....you should be offered a place.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Medicine
    Offer: AAA
    Why Manchester?: CURRY MILE
    Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Richmond or sheavyn
Updated: August 17, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.