Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

CRB Check - Has anyone had problems with a caution?

Announcements Posted on
Have you had any embarrassing moments? Share them here.. 27-02-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hi David. I need some help. In 1999, I was cautioned for shoplifting. Now I am applying for the british citizenship but not sure if this will come up in the checks that the home office does to applicants. Please can you HELP me? I would have suspected that this record would have been taken off after 5 years. Many thanks.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I have a caution for a fight i punched someone.
    Is that will affect of getting a SIA security licence?
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benji385)
    That is new to me (like I said I'm not an expert) but according to what I read online a caution is spent immediately as you receive it and therefore its a spent conviction and only comes up for standard and enhanced dbs checks.

In my opinion such thing as unspent caution does not exist, so you either have something other than a caution or you must be wrong about the unspent bit.

Either way, any application form asks about unspent convictions so try to very quickly figure out what is that you have and whether its spent or unspent!
    One way to find out what the police has on you is to request a "subject access" you can do that online and it will show everything (even things that would not be shown on a DBS). The other way is that it is actually possible to do a basic dbs check on yourself through the scottish dbs website (google it), that would show what your employer would see on a basic check, if it comes back clean then you are basically good to apply for any basic dbs jobs without declaring anything.
    wow so i could very well be asked to declare it i'll be graduating in a few months too
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chosenone93)
    wow so i could very well be asked to declare it i'll be graduating in a few months too
    Just find out whether its spent or not. If it really is a caution then it must be spent if u ask me, and therefore no need to disclose it for basic dbs check type jobs.
    But if u insist that whatever you have is unspent, then really do make sure to find out if its true or not before you start applying for jobs, you don't wanna disclose it and make your life more difficult only to learn later that it was unnecessary.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benji385)
    Just find out whether its spent or not. If it really is a caution then it must be spent if u ask me, and therefore no need to disclose it for basic dbs check type jobs.
    But if u insist that whatever you have is unspent, then really do make sure to find out if its true or not before you start applying for jobs, you don't wanna disclose it and make your life more difficult only to learn later that it was unnecessary.
    its definately a caution only the courts can convict i was never sent to court. i just hope it doesn't effect my employment prospects

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 13, 2015
2015 general election
New on TSR

Uni tuition fees could drop to £6k

Election genius or huge blunder by Labour?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Public Sector Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.