The Student Room Group

Retake Prices - What do you think?

Knowing what subjects i need to retake, one of them includes an AS paper from Edexcel for Design Technology Unit 2 (forgot the name of it)

Is it just my school or is it that resitting these DT papers are more expensive than other subjects? i looked at the pricing at my school n they will need to charge me bloody £40.30 for that paper, whereas for my other subjects they cost just under £20.

Anyone know why this is? if its due to the number of ppl studying it, there are only 5 students studying computing in my school yet their resits are literally under £20.
i dont know if its my school or the exam board ripping us off now. im pretty sure that the amount people doing design technology isnt that very low.

sorry about my rant, hope this didnt sound rude but its a rip off for us students >.>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Seeing as its DT, are there any special materials required for that paper?
My AS french oral resit is £32.50 :frown: I don't understand why though as our teacher is the one who 'examines' us then it gets send off to get marke, like other peoples papers do which costs between £10 and £20. All I know is that the cheque went to my local council rather than the exam board *suspicious face*
Reply 3
That's nothing... I had to pay 70 pounds to get my spanish GCSE remarked... and that didn't even include the oral! :angry:
The cost of all of the other subjects was 55 pounds though, so yes, some school have higher prices for different subjects...
I agree, the cost of remarks is a total rip off, and it's unfair for those who can't afford to pay it.
Reply 4
Original post by gemnomnom
Seeing as its DT, are there any special materials required for that paper?

dont even say that... we only need a pen, pencil, rubber, usual stuff for exams -.-
Reply 5
I only have to play £18 for my resits. :smile:
Reply 6
I resat 4 exams - 1 geog, 1 bio and 2 chem - they set me, well my parents, back the best part of £70...
Reply 7
Original post by Moscardini
My AS french oral resit is £32.50 :frown:

Which exam board are you with? That's an awful lot. I'm resitting my speaking and I'm with OCR; it's put me £23.45 back. Why oh why didn't I just try harder first time around...
Reply 8
-.- for me im resiting c3, m1, DT, applied ict so yea (14.80x2) + 40.30 + 19 = wat? bloody £88.90

why make it hard for us sighs...
Which exam board are you with? That's an awful lot. I'm resitting my speaking and I'm with OCR; it's put me £23.45 back. Why oh why didn't I just try harder first time around...

I'm with WJEC and yeah, the sad thing is I don't think when the time comes I'll have the motivation to try harder
Original post by Moscardini
I'm with WJEC and yeah, the sad thing is I don't think when the time comes I'll have the motivation to try harder

Well you're paying ebloodynough, surely? :P
Reply 11
I realized that the product design exam was like £42 on our school's resit form.
Funny how we joked about it :L
Last year at 6th form they were all £20 each. This year I think they vary a bit between £15-25 . . .
I have 3 re-sits which will cost me £22 each and on top of that I am going to buy a copy of one of my papers which will cost me another £12. A total of £78 FML -.-
Ours are a flat rate of £25. :/ dunno where the excess goes in terms of those where £25 is too high. Maybe subsidies the ones where £25 isn't high enough.
Well you're paying ebloodynough, surely? :P

Yeah but...i hate oral exams, and im a bit of a slug :frown:
Reply 16
£17 per resit :smile: Thankfully I only have one, though...
Reply 17
sad times right? i dont no if u take product design but i had to pay £40.30 for a DT paper...

n guess wat, after all that im spending £88.90 for ONLY 4 papers

BRAVO
Can you believe it was £8/9 before, the prices are horrendous. As times aren't hard enough already :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by 12win12
sad times right? i dont no if u take product design but i had to pay £40.30 for a DT paper...

n guess wat, after all that im spending £88.90 for ONLY 4 papers

BRAVO

yeah its mad, does the DT exam differ from others?

Quick Reply

Latest