The Student Room Group

Aberdeen or Dundee?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sir Fox
Now my 2 cents :wink:

Someone has mentioned that Aberdeen is ranked ahead of Dundee and that Dundee isn't an ancient university. This is actually not totally true. For example the Guardian ranks Dundee ahead of Aberdeen overall. In terms of Politics and IR the difference is even more important, Dundee is 23rd, Aberdeen is 51st! I am going to study Psychology at Dundee and it's ranked 17th in comparison to Aberdeen which is only 40th. Don't always believe what people tell you about prestige, always look for the sources :wink:
It is true that officially Dundee is not an ancient university, but is has been an incorporated college of the University of St. Andrews for decades and therefore shares most features which define ancient universities in Scotland (i.e. the undergrad. MA degree, the broad span of subjects you'll study in year one and two etc.).

You should also consider that in terms of students satisfaction the Department of Politics and Dundee was ranked first in the whole of the UK with a satisfaction rate of 100%.

I am an international applicant, went to an open day just some days ago and really liked it. The buildings looked very modern (the residences as well) and whilst I cannot compare the Sports Centre and library with those of Aberdeen, they are both very modern and well equipped.

HI, i applied for MSc oil and gas economics in uni of dundee and MSc petroleum,energy economics and finance in uni of Aberdeen.... as i heard Aberdeen is know as a capital of oil, as u said ancient uni plus ppl said best place for energy studies.... so can you tell me in the context of energy field like petroleum which university is better ??
Reply 21
Dundees not much smaller than Aberdeen, Dundee was Scotland's third largest city up until the 70s/80's.. There is plenty bars and lots of night life.. For a student it's actually not that bad.. And it's cheap too!

Quick Reply

Latest