Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

when you were a kid??

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what odd things did you do as a child?? mine was thinking that there were 3 witches under my bed, and trying to be polite to them in case they turned evil.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use to take a running jump into bed because I was worried there was an evil skeleton/zombie thing under there that would grab me by the ankles and drag me down...

I also used to think that my pillows/teddies would get offended if I took them off my bed, so they used to take up over half of it!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama-beans)
    I use to take a running jump into bed because I was worried there was an evil skeleton/zombie thing under there that would grab me by the ankles and drag me down...
    mate i still do this aged 17 :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I lay in bed with my head resting on the pillow I could hear the blood pumping through my ears. The thumping sound made me think it was a big monster or scary man walking up the stairs. That's one of my earliest concious memories.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to play don't touch the floor because it's hot lava. Good times :')
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Every Christmas eve I would dream that I was under the dining room table, which was surrounded by skeletons who tried to tickle me. Only ever had that dream on Christmas Eve! So odd.

The other thing was running up the stairs if the light was off because I was convinced it was filled with ghosts. Thanks Yvette Fielding/Most Haunted
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Made the underside of a table my 'secret base' :gah:
    I always dreamt that when I grew older and richer I would turn it into a luxurious living place, complete with a TV and a bathtub. :ahee:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also used to think that my pillows/teddies would get offended if I took them off my bed, so they used to take up over half of it!
    This. In fact, there's still a big part of me that thinks my teddies are real. Toy Story 2 pretty much scarred me for life (remember the song 'When She Loved Me'?), so selling a load of my old teddies last summer was an emotional experience.

Also, I used to be obsessed with the Horrible Histories books by Terry Deary. I read them all many times over, but strangely enough I have never seen the TV series.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trin94)
    what odd things did you do as a child?? my was thinking that there were 3 witches under my bed, and trying to be polite to them in case they turned evil, crazy sounding i know.
    Haha I used to think there was a witch under my bed too and I used to sleep with my long hair hanging on the side of the bed in the hope that she would cut it off in the night (because my mum would never let me cut it off and I hated it).
    Running up the stairs when the lights were off because I thought a ghost was coming up behind me...Although I still do that now
    Oh and I used to stare at something for ages and ages hoping that I'd have magical powers that would make it move like Matilda...
    Thinking me teddies/dolls were real and asking them to just tell me if they were real and I promise I'd never tell anyone!!
    Come to think of it, I was a tad strange!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used to 'fall' over and accuse random members of my family of pushing me. What a little attention seeker!
    Aside from that I imagine I was an absolute delight
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to throw things out of my bedroom window so passers-by would have a gift (like, say, a purple bead from my bead set) from me. Had to stop when I almost fell out at ten o'clock at night, stark naked and throwing beads at a woman on the street. Mum was not pleased
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i tied a piece of rope from one side of the room to the other and used a hanger to try and slide all the way to the other end.
    quite pointless as i never succeeded
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha I used to think there was a witch under my bed too and I used to sleep with my long hair hanging on the side of the bed in the hope that she would cut it off in the night (because my mum would never let me cut it off and I hated it).
    Good to know that im not alone in thinking this.!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Same! I still skirt awkwardly around the edge of my bed at night.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    This highlights my obsessive meticulous nature... when I used to eat a kiwi I used to have to dissect each spoonful and take out all the black seeds as I somehow had the idea that they were like apple seeds and you couldn't eat them

I also arranged my books so that there were secret little spaces in between them for... stuff. That was where my forbidden chewing gum was kept if I remember rightly lol I had a box of fun things to do and some bars and snacks as well just in case I ever got sent to my room. I never did!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me and my twin sister used to play a 'mission impossible' sort of thing, where we, in our pyjamas would sneak down stairs as quitely and as slowly as possible, we'd whisper to each other in butch, soldier voices, sneak open the living room door as quietly as possible, and hide behind the sofas/ tables listening to our parents (and older sisters) conversations.

Only this year, did my mum tell me, when I proudly announced our amazing spying abilities, that she was aware of us all along and just ignored us.

....Wow, such good times when you're younger and everything is an opportunity for some fun!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    I used to throw things out of my bedroom window so passers-by would have a gift (like, say, a purple bead from my bead set) from me. Had to stop when I almost fell out at ten o'clock at night, stark naked and throwing beads at a woman on the street. Mum was not pleased
    Hilarious
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Since age twelve, I've felt like I'm someone else, since I hung my original self from the top bunk with a belt.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepySheep)
    I used to play don't touch the floor because it's hot lava. Good times :')
    OMG! I used to do that aswell but instead of hot lava it was a river full of crocodiles.....that was a lot of fun!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatsername2009)
    This. In fact, there's still a big part of me that thinks my teddies are real. Toy Story 2 pretty much scarred me for life (remember the song 'When She Loved Me'?), so selling a load of my old teddies last summer was an emotional experience.

Also, I used to be obsessed with the Horrible Histories books by Terry Deary. I read them all many times over, but strangely enough I have never seen the TV series.
    There's a TV series?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 17, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.