Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Apprentice 2012

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
  • View Poll Results: Who is your favourite at this stage?
    Adam
    5.87%
    Gabrielle
    7.82%
    Jade
    3.18%
    Jenna
    1.22%
    Nick
    31.54%
    Ricky
    12.22%
    Stephen
    0.24%
    Tom
    37.90%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Well he is actually. The strongest candidate this series, and a part-time wrestler, can you ask for any more for an alpha male?!

(Original post by green.tea)
    Far be that from alpha shark the reflection of perfection.
    He manages to get away with arrogance because in his case it's clear he's an alpha shark lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well he is actually. The strongest candidate this series, and a part-time wrestler, can you ask for any more for an alpha male?!
    Sensible eyebrows?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonefrombrum)
    Wtf was Adam thinking then when Lord Sugar asked him that question?

Promote YOUR own qualities, don't try and point out your rivals' flaws, that's just a known thing not to do. He didn't mention any good qualities which he has which are good for a business partnership and just for that, i think Lord Sugar will definitely be more influenced to fire Adam, if he wasn't going to before.
    Yeah I totally agree, he completely missed the point of the question. It shows that he can't sell himself which is a necessity in any interview like scenario
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    Sensible eyebrows?
    He's obviously picked that up from his hero

Spoiler:
    Show
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    He's obviously picked that up from his hero

Spoiler:
    Show
    Alpha shark at pretend fighting. :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Yep, he does that often.
    hahaha what!!

also, this is probably really obvious but iv never understood why its funny ricky martin's name is exactly that?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    hahaha what!!

also, this is probably really obvious but iv never understood why its funny ricky martin's name is exactly that?
    Because Ricky Martin is the name of the guy who sang "Livin la vida loca"
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    hahaha what!!

(Original post by Mocking_bird)
    Because Ricky Martin is the name of the guy who sang "Livin la vida loca"
    Showing your ages, both of you (but in different ways)

Edit: wtf? The younger of you knows but the elder doesn't :lolwut:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I despair. What do they teach the kids in music classes these days?

Now try not to laugh every time he opens a pitch with "Hello, my name is Ricky Martin"
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    I despair. What do they teach the kids in music classes these days?

Now try not to laugh every time he opens a pitch with "Hello, my name is Ricky Martin"
    Someone needs to shop Apprentice Ricky's face into that video. Even badly done, like on You're Fired
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nick should show off more
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apprentice is my favourite show ever, even if i have an exam the next day i still watch it no matter what. I want Tom to win purely because he knows what he is doing but Ricky's enthusiasm is really great. Really liked Nick but now he bores me and Jade should win it for the girls. Did you watch Apprentice your fired i loved the montage for Ricky and Adam who knew they were such GOOD friends.
    Favourite person on Apprentice apart from Jim
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cura)
    People need to start using their brains instead - the winner of the competition is not about who has the best performace over the 12 weeks but the one whos business plan in the best.

Sir Alan Sugar is investing £250,000 and he will look at the person with the best business plan so he would expect a return on that money
    Was thinking the same reading some of the comments, didn't Tom last year have something like 7 consecutive losses or something and I don't remember him being the standout candidate throughout the process, but in the end his business plan was the strongest, so he won and I imagine that is what will happen again this year. The 12 weeks seem to be more the qualification stages to the real interview at the end and I can see any of them winning it as we don't know what their business plans are of course.

I'd say in the process, Ricky has been the standout candidate and perhaps Nick has seemed like the weakest as he seems to have been in the background a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if its the latter that wins in the end as he does seem very intelligent and being a technology entrepreneur, who knows he could have some amazing plan ready to pull out the bag!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    Adam deserved that place in the final so much more.
    On effort and adaptability maybe, but on merit no. He was very good at selling and did extremely well in the whole process, but he was always a bit out of his depth and he was like a lower league team getting to the cup semi finals, did brilliantly to get there, but he was never gonna make it the whole way tbh and I'd imagine his business plan would have been weak compared to the others.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Jade needs to do it for the girls- rising against the blatant misogyny that exists in our society and all that!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souriretoujours)
    Jade needs to do it for the girls- rising against the blatant misogyny that exists in our society and all that!
    I hope that's a joke seeing that in series 5 the last 4 were girls. also 3/7 of the winners have been girls.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're a misandrist, wanting the men to fail just because they're men - you made no mention of why you think Jade should win on merit
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    boring
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    On effort and adaptability maybe, but on merit no. He was very good at selling and did extremely well in the whole process, but he was always a bit out of his depth and he was like a lower league team getting to the cup semi finals, did brilliantly to get there, but he was never gonna make it the whole way tbh and I'd imagine his business plan would have been weak compared to the others.
    Brilliant analogy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blacktreacle)
    *Potential spoiler*

Spoiler:
    Show
    May I just point out that in the teaser of next episode on You're Fired Lord Sugar pointed to his right, which is likely to be Tom (according to my vague memory, or whoever is on the right), and said "You're gonna be my business partner"
    Well THANK YOU for potentially ruining it for me. Please use spoiler tags in future.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.