Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Apprentice 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Who is your favourite at this stage?
    Adam
    5.87%
    Gabrielle
    7.82%
    Jade
    3.18%
    Jenna
    1.22%
    Nick
    31.54%
    Ricky
    12.22%
    Stephen
    0.24%
    Tom
    37.90%

• 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    "That does not mean I'm a good sales person." :rofl:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    She's been a good seller in previous tasks, IMO her not selling as much here isn't the huge deal. You could equally argue that other people should have sold more as well...
    That's true about her previous efforts. Laura had more room for improvement than the others in terms of sales though.

It's not a purely sales task, Tom!
    It's always a purely sales task
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shugs is looking for a business partner, not a sales person. Laura is too sales, sales, sales.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    That was hilarious the way Tom just kept talking in the same manner when both Laura and Jade tried to talk over him. Only acknowledging them once he had finished his point :rofl2:
    His whole manner really does seem similar to some London guys I know (not saying all Londoners are well groomed bull****ters, just I few I've met)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "That does not mean I'm a good sales person." :rofl:
    Haha I'm glad it wasn't just me this amused
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    That was hilarious the way Tom just kept talking in the same manner when both Laura and Jade tried to talk over him. Only acknowledging them once he had finished his point :rofl2:
    Brilliant! Always annoys me when they start bit gang at each other saying "let me talk let me talk" whereas he actually had something to say

And yes! Laura to go thought Tom was going there for a second
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    NO!

Wrong decision. Tom ****ed up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hmm...tom went to nottingham. interesting.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, you could almost pinpoint the moment when her world shatters.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Argh Lord Sugar is such a tease! I was convinced he was about to fire Tom- phewww! I'm not overly fussed by Laura, she's performed poorly on other tasks, fair decision.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is this **** with Tom's current business being a factor? Clearly it didn't set off any alarm bells when he applied?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought Laura did sell herself well in the boardroom, she streamed out a few facts and stuff but somehow Tom has managed to talk himself out.

Its fair that he has stayed though, gamble didn't pay off but I don't feel his skills as a businessman have been truely tested yet.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree with her, her performance should not have been judged purely on those four and five hours.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    His whole manner really does seem similar to some London guys I know (not saying all Londoners are well groomed bull****ters, just I few I've met)
    Stephen reminds me a mobile phone salesman from Phones4u. A really bad one at that as well. He is incredibly lucky that he is always on the winning team as he can't sell and has absolutely no good ideas.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that Toms comment about being successful as a director, may come back to haunt in future episodes ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kinda knew Laura was going to be fired at some point considering i was in her bridal shop a couple of weeks ago and she was serving us!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want stephen to get fired, he reminds me of the typical school snitch for some reason.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    NO!

Wrong decision. Tom ****ed up.
    It was an easily made mistake, he took a risk and it didnt work out. His previous quiet but consistent performance is going to help him massively. I wonder if in interview stages (its likely he will make it that far at least) they will be able to pick apart this cool and calm and expose his mediocre talent.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    I thought Laura did sell herself well in the boardroom, she streamed out a few facts and stuff but somehow Tom has managed to talk himself out.

Its fair that he has stayed though, gamble didn't pay off but I don't feel his skills as a businessman have been truely tested yet.
    To me the risk was a worthwile one and the result justified his risk despite them losing. The total amount he sold from one artist would have amounted to one Jessop painting, the same as the total amount that the other team made. To take such a risk and only lose by ~£150 shows that it was a calculated and correct risk to take.
    For me anyway.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Stephen reminds me a mobile phone salesman from Phones4u. A really bad one at that as well. He is incredibly lucky that he is always on the winning team as he can't sell and has absolutely no good ideas.
    Hahahaha so true! or maybe someone who sells insurance to you.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.