Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your Eyebrows?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you look after your eyebrows? Do you do them yourself or do you get the professional, if so which one would you recommend for a guy?

I have messy eyebrows lol. Whenever I tried to do them myself, it really hurts even after a shower.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most people get used to it, but it does hurt plucking your eyebrows at first. Getting them waxed at a salon costs about £10, but if you'd rather keep doing them yourself then try pressing a hot flannel (obvs not hot enough to burn yourself) against the skin just beforehand to open the pores, and make sure you pluck in the direction the hair grows. Also ibuprofen half an hour to an hour beforehand can help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of gender, if you're concerned about the state of your eyebrows, I recommend getting them done at a proper salon first (so you don't screw it up from the get-go), and then maintaining them yourself (just pluck the tiny hairs that start growing in.)

The pain will go away as you get used to it. I promise!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    it hurts just as much professionally...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeme)
    True, but then you don't get carried away with plucking, and you can't whine and give up mid-way. The pain's all in a few wax strips (depending on your eyebrows...), so you can't focus on the pain of each single hair being plucked.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperBoy)
    How do you look after your eyebrows? Do you do them yourself or do you get the professional, if so which one would you recommend for a guy?

I have messy eyebrows lol. Whenever I tried to do them myself, it really hurts even after a shower.
    Lol. It's cute when guys think plucking your eyebrows is painful, but then expect women to be completely hairless everywhere. Get used to it, love, it's the least of our worries.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Professionally shaped first, then maintain yourself as caligulina said.

I do that too. Admittedly the pain from plucking hasn't quite gone away for me yet, as I mostly wax and find that less painful, but hey, we have to suffer for beauty, right?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the comments, don't get them shaped. Just pluck strays from the natural shape of your eyebrows.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    putting vaseline over them first, reduces the pain for me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do professionals do to tidy bushy eyebrows?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get mine threaded and tinted. The threading hurts, but it's far quicker than plucking and it looks better imo.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeme)
    I disagree. especially if you're a novice at doing your own. I tried to pluck my own once and it really freaking hurt but then I got a nice lady to dye and pluck them for a tenner and she did it so quickly and with virtually no pain...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperBoy)

YAY! A guy who takes care of himself and isn't ashamed to admit it!

I get my eyebrows waxed by a professional, and maintain by tweezing the really out of place ones until the next appointment.... For a guy I'd go with waxing as well, there's alternatively threading but waxing lasts longer...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I get mine threaded regularly. It is cheap and quick and personally I don't find it painful. I have never tried to pluck them myself with tweezers in my life so I say just go to a professional!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't wax, it's terrible for your skin and will only lead to wrinkles (and stretch marks in a lot of people). Get them tweezed/threaded (threading is quicker so the pain isn't as bad) at a salon first and then you can just pluck the re-growth yourself.
    I personally no longer feel any pain when plucking/threading. I think I've killed off my nerve endings or something.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get them threaded every 6-8 weeks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get them threaded (this costs £6-7 in my area). I'd avoid flash beauty salons because they'll charge more because of the location.
    Ask for a tidy up (you don't want them to look too 'done' if you're a guy ) and pluck the stray hairs every once in a while as they grow.
    (Best tweezers are Tweezerman, which are roughly £20, but cheaper tweezers will also do a good job. They'll just need replacing more often).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I SWEAR by HD brows. Absolutely addicted!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p1aG61TxqA

Helped me, the key is to just make them neat rather than overly shaping them otherwise they can look v. feminine. Unless that's what you're after! Try grabbing the hair with the tweezers whilst raising your eyebrows then pluck upwards and relax your face at the same time, makes the whole experience quicker and should help with the pain hahaha. Hope this helped!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do them myself. Yes, it really hurts but you just have to man up, you get used to it after a while. I actually like the pain now. I realise that sounds a bit crazy.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2013
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.