Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR AS Salters Chemistry F332 - Wednesday 23rd May 2012 1:30pm

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: How did you find this exam?
    Very easy
    11.11%
    Easy
    16.67%
    Average
    52.78%
    Hard
    16.67%
    Very Hard
    2.78%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthurry)
    Anyone else abit nervous about question 5 in this? :/

What did everyone get in unit one? (Chem for life) ???
    Question 5 from which paper?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstebanK0)
    Question 5 from which paper?
    i mean the last question, which is usually based on the isert pre-release (it's usually question 5)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstebanK0)
    Done them all except Skill V (interpretation)

What marks did you get in them? What kind of questions came up in your Skill V?
    I got 10/12, 10/12, 10/12, 11/12, 12/12 i think skill 5 was all about ionic equations / half equations on halogens. LEARN OXIDISING POWER of halogens
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthurry)
    I got 10/12, 10/12, 10/12, 11/12, 12/12 i think skill 5 was all about ionic equations / half equations on halogens. LEARN OXIDISING POWER of halogens
    Ah. So we have info on all 3 shots for Skill V. Mine one will be about Group 2 elements, specifically Calcium. Thanks for the info man.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by westarmy)
    Can you please provide the links to these F331 content? Much appreciated
    did you revieve the link to the F331 content if so could you somehow pass it onto me please thanks.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any possible questions that may come up regarding the advance notice on 'Plastic Fantastic'????
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddinboy)
    Has anyone got any possible questions that may come up regarding the advance notice on 'Plastic Fantastic'????
    Looking at the specimen, which was also on PR stuff, id say it could ask to draw a monomer of the plastic and have a question asking to explain how the properties of this plastic make it sutible for what it us used for and also I would guess that it would ask for another use of the plastic. Most of the time, if not all, there is a long 6/5 mark question. Guessing here, it will probably ask about the different density polymers, or it could ask about the formation of polyethene.

Hope that may give an idea
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david2457)
    Looking at the specimen, which was also on PR stuff, id say it could ask to draw a monomer of the plastic and have a question asking to explain how the properties of this plastic make it sutible for what it us used for and also I would guess that it would ask for another use of the plastic. Most of the time, if not all, there is a long 6/5 mark question. Guessing here, it will probably ask about the different density polymers, or it could ask about the formation of polyethene.

These are ideas that I had about potential questions too :yy:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    at the bottom of page 2 there is a reaction involving a radical and ethene, does anyone know what kind of reaction this is?

At first i thought that its homolytic fission but i am not sure now.

Now i am thinking it is electrophilic addition. does anyone know?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegreenchildren)
    at the bottom of page 2 there is a reaction involving a radical and ethene, does anyone know what kind of reaction this is?

At first i thought that its homolytic fission but i am not sure now.

Now i am thinking it is electrophilic addition. does anyone know?
    It's radical polymerisation - which is not on the syllabus so you aren't supposed to already know all the details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_polymerization
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clownfish)
    It's radical polymerisation - which is not on the syllabus so you aren't supposed to already know all the details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_polymerization

ahhh ok. do you think they are likely to ask a question about this?

Also has your teacher been through the article with you? Mine hasn't ! :eek:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david2457)

Aren't the uses of polyethene already in the article? do you think we would have to extract them from there? Also by properties do you mean flexible?

Thanks!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahhh ok. do you think they are likely to ask a question about this?

Also has your teacher been through the article with you? Mine hasn't ! :eek:
    Not sure what they will ask, but do revise the topic of radicals and the topic of polymerisation.

I'm not a student, but I think it's quite normal for the teachers to not go through it with you.

Best advice i can give is print off the syllabus and go through it with a fine tooth comb to check you know everything on there and then you should be fine. here's the link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/kd/oc...d_gce_spec.pdf
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    We have been tought F331 & F332 so badly. The teachers have just skimmed over every topic, and we still have one or two more things to learn!!.

So yeah, you could say I'm bricking it for the F332 exam especially. Any tips on how to revise all the content, because there certainly is a lot of it! I suppose I'll be doing a lot of past papers as well!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George_)
    We have been tought F331 & F332 so badly. The teachers have just skimmed over every topic, and we still have one or two more things to learn!!.

So yeah, you could say I'm bricking it for the F332 exam especially. Any tips on how to revise all the content, because there certainly is a lot of it! I suppose I'll be doing a lot of past papers as well!
    same, in my last few chem lessons, our teacher has made us play games using memory cards to remember the different alcohols (ethanol, methanol etc.)

anyway, i would say memorise mark schemes because the same questions come up in nearly every exam paper. It really helps when it comes to the 6 mark questions.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    same, in my last few chem lessons, our teacher has made us play games using memory cards to remember the different alcohols (ethanol, methanol etc.)

anyway, i would say memorise mark schemes because the same questions come up in nearly every exam paper. It really helps when it comes to the 6 mark questions.
    Thanks! I'll do that
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George_)

I find go over the spec helps a lot.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aren't the uses of polyethene already in the article? do you think we would have to extract them from there? Also by properties do you mean flexible?

Thanks!
    Yeah most likley with reference to the article, however from doing past papers a good amount of the 20 marks you can do with your own chemical knowledge
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me all the reagents and conditions for all the reactions in our spec that we need to know!!!! Would be a massive help!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    My class have just started the Atmosphere

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 1, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.