The Student Room Group

OCR AS Salters Chemistry F332 - Wednesday 23rd May 2012 1:30pm

Scroll to see replies

Thanks a lot! Great to compare these with my own notes :biggrin:
Reply 101

Thanks, they look like some great notes :smile:

Have you made any for the advance notice if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by chrisduck
Thanks, they look like some great notes :smile:

Have you made any for the advance notice if you don't mind me asking?

Not yet, but should have some up next week :smile:
Reply 103
Could anyone please post some links to past papers and mark schemes for before 2009? Thank youuuuuuuuuu x
Reply 105
Any advices on the pre release? :frown:
Has anyone got any possible questions they think will come up regarding the advance article?
Reply 108
Hope they help. :smile: Let me know if anything is missing

Thank you sooo much :biggrin:
Hope they help. :smile: Let me know if anything is missing

Do you have the mark schemes to the Jan and June 2007 papers? :smile:
Yeah.

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 112
Don't know if I should revise intensely for this. The boundaries are low and I only need a C in F332to get an A in chemistry. Decisions, decisions... :colonhash:
Reply 113
Does anyone know how much this exam is worth towards your final as grade?
Reply 114
Original post by MD2807
Does anyone know how much this exam is worth towards your final as grade?

Half the AS (50%). 150 UMS.
Original post by Zhy
Don't know if I should revise intensely for this. The boundaries are low and I only need a C in F332to get an A in chemistry. Decisions, decisions... :colonhash:

Get the highest UMS possible in AS tbh, can be crucial in your A2 year :smile:
Yeah I second someone above's point:

Any advice on pre-release? Nothing seems to jump at me about it, are we just looking at generic questions on polymers?
Original post by Zhy

aim for the highest possible markat AS. A2 goes awry.
Sorry, concerned parent muscling in here, but hope you can help a bit please guys.

My son has literally just finished the course (last Friday) so not much real revision done as yet:eek: (Chemistry wasn't the only syllabus not finished! And he had three exams this week) He doesn't get study leave and has 4 other exams next week too, so time is veeeery short. Plus he has learning issues that slow him up!

He's hoping to do this to degree level so it's pretty important to him.

I've read the thread, but are there any other tips you can suggest to make sure he spends his little time wisely please?

Zhy's comments on mark scheme answers sound like a great idea - J's pretty good at Chemistry, but lacks precision in his written answers so tends to drop marks on longer answers. I don't suppose anyone has summarised these and could let me have a copy please?:colondollar:

Any other thoughts gratefully received.

Original post by JsConcernedMum
Sorry, concerned parent muscling in here, but hope you can help a bit please guys.

My son has literally just finished the course (last Friday) so not much real revision done as yet:eek: (Chemistry wasn't the only syllabus not finished! And he had three exams this week) He doesn't get study leave and has 4 other exams next week too, so time is veeeery short. Plus he has learning issues that slow him up!

He's hoping to do this to degree level so it's pretty important to him.

I've read the thread, but are there any other tips you can suggest to make sure he spends his little time wisely please?

Zhy's comments on mark scheme answers sound like a great idea - J's pretty good at Chemistry, but lacks precision in his written answers so tends to drop marks on longer answers. I don't suppose anyone has summarised these and could let me have a copy please?:colondollar:

Any other thoughts gratefully received.

I would advise him to go over his notes thoroughly now, as you said there's not enough time now. Tell him to spend more time over the topics he's not too sure about, ensuring he understands the content fully.

Also start on the past papers. These are really important, and helps you to understand how the exam will be laid out; what the examiners expect, and how your son should structure your answers.

Like you said, the mark schemes are very specific; so tell your son after doing the past paper, to really look closely at the mark scheme and mark his work strictly according to it. Make sure he doesn't repeat his mistakes throughout the past papers.

Other than that, how much support has the school given him for the pre-release material? Tell him to go through this, and ensure that he fully knows the content of this booklet.

Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending