Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR AS Salters Chemistry F332 - Wednesday 23rd May 2012 1:30pm

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: How did you find this exam?
    Very easy
    11.11%
    Easy
    16.67%
    Average
    52.78%
    Hard
    16.67%
    Very Hard
    2.78%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's ok. I thought we need to know more than that. Thanks Zhy.

Also, what stuff like heating under flux and distillation?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstebanK0)
    Ah that's ok. I thought we need to know more than that. Thanks Zhy.

Also, what stuff like heating under flux and distillation?

This might help you. It was made by my teacher and really helped me last year.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pdf CCF08052012_00000.pdf (605.8 KB, 2115 views)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisduck)
    This might help you. It was made by my teacher and really helped me last year.
    Thanks! Would rep you but I've given too much out. Have you sat this exam before?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Would rep you but I've given too much out. Have you sat this exam before?
    Least you appreciated it, I don't understand why someone has rated it down :confused:

Yeah I did it last year and am retaking all the AS's to get more UMS points... I got just under an A last year but I found it really hard. After doing A2 content its a lot lot easier.

Just do past papers, and the legacy papers and you should be fine.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisduck)
    Least you appreciated it, I don't understand why someone has rated it down :confused:

Yeah I did it last year and am retaking all the AS's to get more UMS points... I got just under an A last year but I found it really hard. After doing A2 content its a lot lot easier.

Just do past papers, and the legacy papers and you should be fine.
    Yeah some people neg just for the fun of it which is annoying.

I'm gonna start past papers next week as I've still got revision content to cover.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys can someone clarify for me that in the advanced notice, on page 4, the first reaction is propogation? 2nd is termination? cheers
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Legit gonna fail this paper :'( Just started ES revision and don't know anything about PR
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahh.. did the mock (jan 12) paper today in class and i think i failed ;( not a good sign seeing as the exam is in 2weeks!! has anyone analysed or make notes on the advance notice?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faaab:))
    Guys can someone clarify for me that in the advanced notice, on page 4, the first reaction is propogation? 2nd is termination? cheers
    Yeah. This might help as well, some is more than we need however;
    http://www.chemguide.co.uk/mechanism...d/polymtt.html
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Two weeks is plenty of time to get some solid revision on the go.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Did my first past paper today in class. Jan 12 is a solid paper :/ . It missed out on a lot of content which is most of the stuff that I've revisied. Need to do more revision.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did my first past paper today in class. Jan 12 is a solid paper :/ . It missed out on a lot of content which is most of the stuff that I've revisied. Need to do more revision.
    Which questions did you find diffcult???
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megank)
    ahh.. did the mock (jan 12) paper today in class and i think i failed ;( not a good sign seeing as the exam is in 2weeks!! has anyone analysed or make notes on the advance notice?
    Which questions for jan 12 did you find diffcult???
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManPowa)
    Which questions for jan 12 did you find diffcult???
    i was 4 marks off an A... slightly annoyed :/ the advance notice questions were difficult... like the calculation and the last question ... thinking about it now i couldve done much better because i forgot how hydrogen bondings are formed and dipoles etc... urgh... need to do loads more revision
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i was 4 marks off an A... slightly annoyed :/ the advance notice questions were difficult... like the calculation and the last question ... thinking about it now i couldve done much better because i forgot how hydrogen bondings are formed and dipoles etc... urgh... need to do loads more revision
    Yeah I just forgot on stuff like that but remembered again later in the mock. I didn't know how to answer why it had E/Z isomer.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    But the last question you do not really have to do. My teachers gives us a mark out of 80 because the article is invalid and we just concentrate on our actual article which we will do in May and dont even look at ouR mock ones.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=EstebanK0;37349397]
    (Original post by thegreenchildren)

Same with my class. Only one person got an A. I got a C but will be retaking next year so I can focus more time on F332.
    Our college is reasonably good in my area, (we are a state school). We got 7 As ,including me, out of about 60 students doing chemistry in F331 and a few getting over 10 in each Skills test, I got 11,11,12,11. And i think I got 6/6 in Skills 1 (which will probably be scaled to 11 or 12).
    Good idea on focusing on F332, 150 UMS!!!!!

Edit: Anyone know how Skills one actually works??
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManPowa)
    But the last question you do not really have to do. My teachers gives us a mark out of 80 because the article is invalid and we just concentrate on our actual article which we will do in May and dont even look at ouR mock ones.
    Yea but my class still had to do it but its okay i guess because some of the questions were answerable without the article tbh... oh well... i wished our pre release was shorter tho... :/ its too long and takes time to scan through it in the exma
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just forgot on stuff like that but remembered again later in the mock. I didn't know how to answer why it had E/Z isomer.
    Same actually and i found it quite difficult to draw the structures (the HCl) one
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=david2457;37479637]

Our college is reasonably good in my area, (we are a state school). We got 7 As ,including me, out of about 60 students doing chemistry in F331 and a few getting over 10 in each Skills test, I got 11,11,12,11. And i think I got 6/6 in Skills 1 (which will probably be scaled to 11 or 12).
    Good idea on focusing on F332, 150 UMS!!!!!

Edit: Anyone know how Skills one actually works??
    is skill one just the general practical skills? my teacher says everyone will get 12...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 1, 2013
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.