The Student Room Group

Computer Science vs. Information Systems?

I enjoy computers so much but I cannot decided on what to major in.. I dont particularly enjoy computer programing too much. Should I not go into Computer Science? or would Information Systems be better?
I want to choose the one which will give me broader job options and versatility, which one?
Please Help
Reply 1
Computer Science requires genuine motivation and interest to succeed due to how challenging and often difficult it can be. Information systems is typically easier yet just as much in need job-wise, so I would consider IS out of the 2 if you're unsure.
Reply 2
Original post by blank_smile
I enjoy computers so much but I cannot decided on what to major in.. I dont particularly enjoy computer programing too much. Should I not go into Computer Science? or would Information Systems be better?
I want to choose the one which will give me broader job options and versatility, which one?
Please Help

If you want to get into IT, you will find it tough to break into the industry if you cannot program.

Programming or at least understanding it, is the backbone of computing.

I would say go for a CS degree to be honest. No disrespect to IS, but CS is the 'proper' degree in IT.
Reply 3
Original post by fat_hobbit
If you want to get into IT, you will find it tough to break into the industry if you cannot program.

Programming or at least understanding it, is the backbone of computing.

I would say go for a CS degree to be honest. No disrespect to IS, but CS is the 'proper' degree in IT.

Thanks, just confirmed what I thought.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending