Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Burning/Stinging sensation when applying Sudocrem and moisteriser

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anyone can help me.

I was applying some Sudocrem and moisturiser to my face last night and had a painful stinging sensation on the skin below my left eye/just above my left cheekbone. It stings like I've put product into a cut, but there's no cuts on my face.

The stinging lasts for a minute or two (painfully) and then I can still feel it for a while afterwards.

I don't suppose anyone's had experience of this weird pain and can tell me what it is. I'll be going to a pharmacy or something anyway.

Thanks.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying sudocrem all over your face?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This will be to do with the fact sudocrem isn't supposed to go on the face and is actually harmful to it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's usually where your skin is irritated anyway, applying anything on top of it will cause further irritation. I use sudo religiously on my face, clears up any breakouts in a day or so but have experienced that burning sensation a few times. Just clean it off with cold water and don't apply anything else to that area for a few days, just water.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snapper1)
    It's usually where your skin is irritated anyway, applying anything on top of it will cause further irritation. I use sudo religiously on my face, clears up any breakouts in a day or so but have experienced that burning sensation a few times. Just clean it off with cold water and don't apply anything else to that area for a few days, just water.
    Thank you. I figured that's what it was and not the Sudocrem itself as it was happening with all products that I used (moisturiser, under-eye cream, etc.). I'll just keep away from that area for a few days.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Turns out that it was the Epiduo cream I'd been using for my acne. The doctor changed the prescription for me this morning.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    such nice sharing with us so keep it up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi just letting everyone know that you can use sudocrem on the face as it is used for acne which it says on the tub I would advise only to use it a maximum of 3 times a week on your face or if u are using it to treat acne and need to use it more than that just apply a thin layer over the spot and not all over the face x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avéry)
    I wonder if anyone can help me.

I was applying some Sudocrem and moisturiser to my face last night and had a painful stinging sensation on the skin below my left eye/just above my left cheekbone. It stings like I've put product into a cut, but there's no cuts on my face.

The stinging lasts for a minute or two (painfully) and then I can still feel it for a while afterwards.

I don't suppose anyone's had experience of this weird pain and can tell me what it is. I'll be going to a pharmacy or something anyway.

Thanks.
    Why are you putting it on your face anyway?!?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofflight)
    Why are you putting it on your face anyway?!?
    It's used for acne, it actually says it on the tub.
    Although saying that I've only ever put it directly on spots, I've never heard of anyone rubbing it all into their skin.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellejo.)
    It's used for acne, it actually says it on the tub.
    Although saying that I've only ever put it directly on spots, I've never heard of anyone rubbing it all into their skin.
    Just because you CAN put it on acne, doesn't make it a good idea. It is a really antiquated treatment, there are much better options now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofflight)
    Just because you CAN put it on acne, doesn't make it a good idea. It is a really antiquated treatment, there are much better options now.
    :dontknow: it's always worked really well for me and other people I've spoke to, just as good as some other more expensive on-spot treatments I have.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellejo.)
    :dontknow: it's always worked really well for me and other people I've spoke to, just as good as some other more expensive on-spot treatments I have.
    I am not talking about spending more money, but science has moved on from this in the last 82 years and there are better options now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you have anything to back up this statement? Considering all doctors I speak to still use BMI which was devised in between 1830-1850 and is still used religiously then I'd at least like to hear your evidence for making statements like this

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 3, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.