The Student Room Group

Dealing with confontations

Last night I was out friends and we went to this place with bands and lots of young people etc. Anyway my male friend was on the pull basically and he was speaking to quite a lot of girls but I'm a bit more reserved so although I enjoy the evening, I tend to refrain from pulling random peeps, particularly when they are totally wasted.

So we were walking around a bit when some guy comes up to me and says "Don't come on to my friend" or something like that. I don't really know what he said as he never explained the problem (all brawn no brains). Then he keeps on being abusive to me even though I had no idea what was going on as I had literally only spoken to about 2 other girls (that I didn't already know). So to keep things sweet I try to reply as little as possible with only yes/no answers until he goes "don't laugh at me" (which i wasn't) and then slaps me. Fu.c.ker. It was then some female friends of mine interviened and explained I was not in the wrong and it was a case of mistaken identity.He then starts on my friend who may have been the culprit, but again he threatened him, headbutted him (although it did not cause any harm) and it kinda but a dampner on the rest of the evening.

Now I'm no small person; about 6'1/6'2 and go to the gym quite regularly so have a got a bit of muscle on the bone. But I know my limit and I did not want to fight this guy as he was physically bigger and would have battered me.

So I guess what I'm asking is:
1. When you're confronted how do you act? Do you say little, look them in the face, look away??

2. What to do if you were in a fight? My plan is to throw one punch to get out of the situation then rely on athletic ability to get me to a public place where i'm less likely to be attacked.
Reply 1
poke him in the eyes
Reply 2
Chi3f
poke him in the eyes

:eek:
Good idea!:biggrin:
Reply 3
I tend to say, 'sorry' a lot, even when I've done nothing wrong. It usually makes people feel better and when people feel better they don't knock you into the middle of next week.
Reply 4
I always rely on my ability to talk my way out of a situation - admittedly with a bizarre, unprovoked attack like that it's hard to know what to do.
Reply 5
Kick them in the balls and run?
It's a good idea to just walk away, if you can't stand him, check whether he has mates around, if not, punch him hard. (good idea to have a few friends around...)
Reply 7
If I'm confronted, I won't fight, as I don't advocate violence. I am lucky to have been gifted with negotiation skills, so I can talk my way out of a lot of situations.

But if I did fight, I'd kick him in the balls, smash a bottle over his head, then run!
Well that guy was just clearly looking a fight and i think he lost, i think if someone threatened me in that situation i think i would have walked away.
Reply 9
act really gay around him and he might be scared and run off
nah, you are likely to be hit in the face.
Calm passive, until they overstep the boundry (ie you think they're about to hit you) Then either legswipe / headbutt / roundhouse . Size hasnt got alot to with winning in a real fight, the first good hit will usually win. I'm 5'8 and 10st, so not alot. But if you're determined enough (some call it psychotic) you just keep your cool and keep hitting them in vital places (eyes, throat, nuts, kidneys) Until they are no longer a threat.

Latest

Trending

Trending