Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2012 Australian F1 GP Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    So excited! Gutted I'm not staying up to watch practice on Friday, but I have classes pretty much all day from 12 and otherwise I'll never be able to stay awake so I'm going to have to watch a repeat. Definitely decided I'll be up for quali, and of course the race.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WdA04)
    Just watching the 2011 season review (on sky now), didn't realise Vettel got so annoyed when he didn't win in Hungary.
    Oh really? :holmes: must go see if it is on Sky Anytime.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WdA04)
    Just watching the 2011 season review (on sky now), didn't realise Vettel got so annoyed when he didn't win in Hungary.
    I was watching it yesterday, in Silverstone they play his team radio when Mark's catching him on new tyres. He says to the team "Be wise now...be wise", in quite a serious voice, to which his team reply "Understood the message, we will have the situation under control".

Don't know why the FIA chose not to broadcast that in the live feed though, I had no idea Vettel requested for that order.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just hours to go...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    I was watching it yesterday, in Silverstone they play his team radio when Mark's catching him on new tyres. He says to the team "Be wise now...be wise", in quite a serious voice, to which his team reply "Understood the message, we will have the situation under control".

Don't know why the FIA chose not to broadcast that in the live feed though, I had no idea Vettel requested for that order.
    Was it Silverstone when Webber was ordered not to challenge Vettel for position? I forget. If so, I guess it would make sense.

If it were that situation toward the end of the race, I guess reluctantly I would have to agree it quite a reasonable request. If not during the closing stages though, that is not good in my opinion. But then again, I am opposed to team orders in general.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Was it Silverstone when Webber was ordered not to challenge Vettel for position? I forget. If so, I guess it would make sense.

If it were that situation toward the end of the race, I guess reluctantly I would have to agree it quite a reasonable request. If not during the closing stages though, that is not good in my opinion. But then again, I am opposed to team orders in general.
    Yep that's the one.

It was just before Webber was all over the back of his gearbox, when he was about 2s behind and catching up quick.

It was kinda funny though watching Webber ignore the team's request and continued to pester Vettel.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    Yep that's the one.

It was just before Webber was all over the back of his gearbox, when he was about 2s behind and catching up quick.

It was kinda funny though watching Webber ignore the team's request and continued to pester Vettel.
    :yep:.

I have college but, F1 is more important than that!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will the race and qually be on sky anytime? Or am I confined to the many re runs?
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzed_Out)
    Will the race and qually be on sky anytime? Or am I confined to the many re runs?
    No sky+?
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    timing and on board cameras on the app look cool, 2 minutes to go
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jean Eric Vergne is first car to go
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    No sky+?
    No sky sports at uni so I stream it with details from home.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay finally!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Feels great to finally see the car's back on track again after the long break!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Omg Sky. WTF?!

I want to watch the Practice you morons.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    Omg Sky. WTF?!

I want to watch the Practice you morons.
    Agreed. No need for vignettes during a live session.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    F1 is back. :adore:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Again.

OMFG please get the F1 back on BBC full-time!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    Again.

OMFG please get the F1 back on BBC full-time!
    These videos are apalling, nevermind the fact we are being shown them instead of cars being driven!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seeing Brundle in the pit-lane makes me cringe.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 20, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.