Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2012 Australian F1 GP Thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here we are ladies and goims, the official F1 2012 Aus GP thread which should replace the off season thread we've had. Carry on lads/ladettes.

CourseTemporary street circuit 5.303 km (3.295 mi)
    Distance58 laps, 307.574 km (191.12 mi)
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    come on Jenson and Lewis!

can't wait for new season! so hyped and gonna get up early to watch all sessions live in HD
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Literally cannot wait for Sunday!!
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should be good.

REckon it will be a red bull domination again this year but hoping Mclaren make it at least a 2 way fight for the title.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Should be good.

REckon it will be a red bull domination again this year but hoping Mclaren make it at least a 2 way fight for the title.
    That's the dream right there, with Macca's awesome rate of mid season development hopefully they'll catch up quickly.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOO, I have friends coming over on Sunday. Am going to have to be like 'sorry guys, F1 highlights are on now!'

(Or record it and watch it later).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Tipping Kimi to make the podium, the Lotus always starts the season well and they look far stronger than they did last year in testing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I miss the days when f1 had V10 engines
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What time is qualifying/the race?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So Brawn started saying Mercedes wont be fighting for victories, then he said they would be, and now on the eve of Melbourne he says fighting for victories is too optimistic.

Mind games/unsure or are they hiding something amazing?
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ferrari fan here but i think they will struggle to get as high as 5th.

I expect the Mclarens and Mercedes to be fighting for the front two rows, Lotus are a dark horse here

Not sure who will win at this stage though Button goes well and i will jump for joy if Schumacher crushes the opposition.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been a long wait, glad it's finally (almost) here

Tempted to put a tenner on Hamilton / McLaren winning championships...not sure I can justify probably wasting the money though
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98036

HRT delaying the scrutineering of their second car. They are literally worse now than they were the first year they raced...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98034

Press conference including Raikkonnen, button, both red bull drivers, ricciardo and pic.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm tipping Raikkonnen to shine too. He seems well up for it. Can't wait for FP1 tonight!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98036

HRT delaying the scrutineering of their second car. They are literally worse now than they were the first year they raced...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98034

Press conference including Raikkonnen, button, both red bull drivers, ricciardo and pic.
    To be fair if the rules hadn't changed then they would've gotten at least some testing done and they did at least manage a shakedown before running in Aus this year...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    FP3 on RTL is screened immediately before qualifying, therefore it's a 5:45 - 8:25 RTL marathon for me am Samstag Morgen

EDIT: Oh wait, those are the German times, this could be fun :eek:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Someone-Like-You-)
    What time is qualifying/the race?
    I think they start at 6am. The build up shows are an hour or an hour and a half before that.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    To be fair if the rules hadn't changed then they would've gotten at least some testing done and they did at least manage a shakedown before running in Aus this year...
    Fair point. They did change the front wing flexibility tests very late but even so...

I'm guessing that Caterham will be snapping at the heels of the midfield all season scoring their maiden point in Canada or Monaco... Marrusia/HRT will plod around slowly by themselves and will only ever score points this year if about 10 others infront of them all crash out...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Friday may not even give us a clue of the pecking order. The weather forecast is for a wet friday but dry saturday and sunday!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ferrari are going to do well! Trust

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 20, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.