Monster Raving Loony Party

Announcements Posted on
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mczakk)

how about The
    Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party
    ?
    Since most people here are students we really could have a PM that's"William Pitt the even younger" esque.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    It could be said now that the UKIP/Lib Dem leaders are further right than previously. Either way I think it's worthwhile to have a non-idealogue solutions-based party that could somehow be above the petty squabbles that the Lib Dems and UKIP engage in with the other parties. It would make coalition building much easier for both left and right blocs.
    is taking a dig at UKIP and the Lib Dems in a thread for the creation of a new party not rather "petty" in itself? :confused:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling this could end up going the same way as last time, with people jumping to say they'll join, but not having any appreciation of what the Model House of Commons is about, nor any desire to stay active after a couple of months. The last incarnation of the MRLP had HoC stalwarts but still suffered from inactivity.

What I don't want to happen is for me to send a request to the admins to set it up, only for me or Aaran to have to go back to them and request it be shut down a couple of months later. That kind of thing is only going to make it less likely that parties will be approved in future.

With this in mind, I wonder if we can develop a better criteria for ensuring new parties will be able to sustain themselves.

(Original post by barnetlad)
    x
    (Original post by mczakk)
    x
    If you're serious about Loonyism and starting a party, I suggest that as we have an election approaching, you submit manifestos and run as independents. It will give you a better understanding of the how the MHoC works and if you win an MP seat, it will allow the party to submit bills and vote, should it be formed. I'll then review the situation after the election.

You can find details about the upcoming election here, and the newbie guide to the HoC is here.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    is taking a dig at UKIP and the Lib Dems in a thread for the creation of a new party not rather "petty" in itself? :confused:
    Negative observations are not baseless digs. I can substantiate the points I make, and I'm sure most agree that the flaws exist in both these parties and the others - TSR Labour included.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Since most people here are students we really could have a PM that's"William Pitt the even younger" esque.
    Well, at least someone got it!
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    If you ask me i think that he was actually one of the best PM's we ever had (4th on my list).
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If you ask me i think that he was actually one of the best PM's we ever had (4th on my list).
    He is not in my top 5.

Regarding the MRLP, 10 members, 3 months and 150 posts are required to become a Party
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    With a heavy heart, I have decided to drop my support

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 17, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.