Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Totally turned off after giving oral

Announcements Posted on

I'm a guy in a relationship with a girl...we've been taking it steady for a few weeks now and everything has been going pretty well - we've not had sex yet. I told her how I fantasized about going down on her, and although initially uncomfortable she eventually allowed me to. I've never given oral before this time.

So I went down on her (bearing in mind this is the first time I saw her vagina), and it was hairy so obviously she hadn't shaved. This didnt really bother me, though licking her hair wasnt very pleasant.

What really did bother me was the smell...it was absolutely disgusting. I continued pretending everything was fine (and she enjoyed it) but I was desperately trying to hold in my gag reflex. The taste was pretty bad, but the smell was absolutely revolting. I had to hold my breath to make sure i didnt start to puke. I carried on for a couple more seconds then did a quick switch to fingering instead.

I'd like to think I can tolerate bad tasting stuff. I never expected it to taste nice, and i'm not even a fussy eater (I even like fish :P) so I thought I could handle the taste, which i couldn't. The smell was even worse though. At the same time though, she showers every morning and her hygiene always seems fine to me.

Since then, i've just been totally turned off of her. While I know this will be short-lived, my main question is what should I have expected? I really do want to give oral, but is it a matter of lasting as long as you can till you feel like puking? I really don't want to be telling her that her junk stinks either...she's pretty damned insecure already.

I get the impression giving oral doesn't taste good, but how bad is bad? Is this me or is it her?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if the smell is really strong then there could be something wrong, an infection or thrush or something?

or if she's close to being on her period / just come off it that could affect the smell.

or possibly she ate something to make it smell bad eg. onions, garlic etc.

if i was you, i'd wait 2 weeks then try again to rule out the period possibility and i'd also try and do it straight after a shower. if it's still terrible then either try and avoid it or maybe mention it? although she may not appreciate it when you haven't done it before...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's a very sensitive issue and it's something that without a doubt girls will be INCREDIBLY self conscious about. I think perhaps suggesting to her subtly that maybe she could consider trimming her pubic hair, don't make it a negative thing or push it, if she doesn't want to, then you know, it's her choice and you can't force her to.

I can't say I go down on girls, haha, but from what my male friends have told me and what you'd obviously know, there is a distinct 'vagina' smell that you cannot escape no matter what, however the intensity of it will vary from person to person. They've said it's neither pleasant nor a turn off, but perhaps as a first-timer to directly licking, you might be taken back by the smell. However, bacterial infections can infect and make the entire area smell quite badly. As for how you'd bring that up to HER though, I honestly have no idea. And some girls WILL be, to be blunt, smellier than others and others will naturally get a lot wetter.

Eating certain things will make it sweeter though, same as it is for guys, eating a lot of fruit can help make it sweeter, especially something like pineapple juice.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dude it's a Vagina, what did you expect it to taste like, a starter from a Michelin star resturant?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Dude it's a Vagina, what did you expect it you taste like, a starter from a Michelin star resturant?
    my girlfriend tastes quite nice actually
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    She might have an infection, it could be just before/after her period/even though she showered, if that was a few hours ago she could have sweated quite a bit since.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It could be a number of things, infection or diet. Diet actually affects the taste of both guys and girls. Oral -- guys or girls -- isn't usually as bad as you described! If it's really bad, don't give her oral, I guess? Or you could try using flavoured lube! That may help. You can get some really strong smelling and tasting flavours.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Make showering part of foreplay
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    She probably doesn't wash herself properly. Just stop going down on her or talk to her about it.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a guy in a relationship with a girl...we've been taking it steady for a few weeks now and everything has been going pretty well - we've not had sex yet. I told her how I fantasized about going down on her, and although initially uncomfortable she eventually allowed me to. I've never given oral before this time.

So I went down on her (bearing in mind this is the first time I saw her vagina), and it was hairy so obviously she hadn't shaved. This didnt really bother me, though licking her hair wasnt very pleasant.

What really did bother me was the smell...it was absolutely disgusting. I continued pretending everything was fine (and she enjoyed it) but I was desperately trying to hold in my gag reflex. The taste was pretty bad, but the smell was absolutely revolting. I had to hold my breath to make sure i didnt start to puke. I carried on for a couple more seconds then did a quick switch to fingering instead.

I'd like to think I can tolerate bad tasting stuff. I never expected it to taste nice, and i'm not even a fussy eater (I even like fish :P) so I thought I could handle the taste, which i couldn't. The smell was even worse though. At the same time though, she showers every morning and her hygiene always seems fine to me.

Since then, i've just been totally turned off of her. While I know this will be short-lived, my main question is what should I have expected? I really do want to give oral, but is it a matter of lasting as long as you can till you feel like puking? I really don't want to be telling her that her junk stinks either...she's pretty damned insecure already.

I get the impression giving oral doesn't taste good, but how bad is bad? Is this me or is it her?
    by any chance do you live in Sheffield?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    uh oh :eek:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHA. I bet you **** your pants when you read that OP.

You should tell her about it though, people always say they don't wanna tell insecure people what's wrong with them, but I think what they need is someone to be honest with them all the time so they know what they really need to improve on, rather than just thinking everyone's hiding bad thoughts about them in their heads about things that they really aren't.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    She can't be washing properley if it's as bad as you say. Having a shower doesn't necessarily mean you've throughly cleaned your bits. Also, I've had thrush many times and it doesn't cause a smell, just lots of watery discharge but I'm not sure how you could have thrush and not know (with the burning feeling et cetera). There shouldn't be any smell really, if she's clean.. (?)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does she smell of BO in other parts?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora)
    She can't be washing properley if it's as bad as you say. Having a shower doesn't necessarily mean you've throughly cleaned your bits. Also, I've had thrush many times and it doesn't cause a smell, just lots of watery discharge but I'm not sure how you could have thrush and not know (with the burning feeling et cetera). There shouldn't be any smell really, if she's clean.. (?)
    An unpleasant smell doesn't necessarily mean lack of hygiene - in fact, it can sometimes mean that the person is washing too much. For example, bacterial vaginosis causes a pretty vile smell, but is more likely in people who regularly douche themselves, since this can upset the acid balance of the vagina.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo139)
    An unpleasant smell doesn't necessarily mean lack of hygiene - in fact, it can sometimes mean that the person is washing too much. For example, bacterial vaginosis causes a pretty vile smell, but is more likely in people who regularly douche themselves, since this can upset the acid balance of the vagina.
    Who uses a douche in the 21st century? BV is pretty debilitating too with the itching/ burning, I'm not sure how someone could have that and not know it. You'd also have lots and lots of watery discharge which you wouldn't not notice. I was suggesting a hygene issue because, let's face it, it is by far the most likely cause.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i had a girl like that and i didnt even want to finger her thats how bad it smelled it just depends on the girl

my current girlfriend taste like honey litterly i just LOVE going down on her so my suggestion is find someone else because the smell/taste wont change i promise.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 22, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.