The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well there goes my education down the bloody pan. omg it was the worst paper I have ever sat.

I got a dissapointing C last time and this time, well...

I the 2 questions before the 15 marker at the end, what on earth were they about?! I was getting so angry, I just gave up. It was a horrible paper I thought.

I now need 94/100 next week in the Toyota paper to get an A overall. and there goes my A too :frown:
also, why cant people discuss until after 4:30? I dont get it?
Reply 242
Lol, who's gonna be up at 04:30?
Reply 243
Original post by PPF
Lol, who's gonna be up at 04:30?

Me!! r u?
Have an exam in the morning so will be revising :frown:
I have now realised why we cant, sorry sorry sorry
Original post by Rizzy J
Me!! r u?
Have an exam in the morning so will be revising :frown:

me too! but crying about not getting into uni in august! ahah
Reply 246
Ofcourse i will.
Reply 247
See you there then :smile:
Reply 248
im not aiming for a an A but i'm aiming for an B i got 205 overall ( retook unit 1 hopefully goes a bit better got 64 ums currently)
(retook this crappy unit and got 58 in this currently i think i got lower than before)

its just stressful because i worked hard for this unit and it ended up being so bad, it kind of de motivates to revise for unit 4 :frown:
Reply 249
That paper was terrible !
Hopefully ratios is the 30 marker for Toyota !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 250
i'm so annoyed that everyone seems to have already sat both unit 3 and 4 in january so have a rough idea... i sat neither so it's so much pressure!

also, if lots of people found today hard it will push the grade boundaries down don't forget!

unit 4 is worrying me, we only started looking at the toyota case study like 2 weeks ago and it's been out since like december! hopefully q's on culture and ratios has to come up
I didn't know there was a thread on this paper!

It was OK, it was the first time I've sat this paper properly (other than mocks) so I didn't have the advantage of sitting it in January. I thought section A was fine, apart from the 12 mark question as evaluation on two stakeholder groups of our choice would have been better.

Unfortunately I misread Q7 (:facepalm2:) and I realised half-way through, so I had to quickly bullet point how I would have answered it. I doubt the examiner will care, I'd probably get 2 marks at the most out of sympathy (she hopes...).

Overall I think the main problem was the fact that I lost confidence before. In some mocks I was on low grades due to timing (i.e. a D in a mock), but I improved by practicing and achieved a good A in one mock. Then I just lost momentum due to other heavy-going exams during the week and this morning I felt so nervous as I had two exams. Also, I re-reading the question and underlining is a good idea as I am still irritated that I made a silly mistake.

That said I hope the grade boundaries will be low, I doubt I achieved an A, but hopefully a B and I can do well in the resit next Thursday. An hour and a half is too short for this exam though; especially if they want us to refer back to the case-study.
Original post by politics_student
I didn't know there was a thread on this paper!

It was OK, it was the first time I've sat this paper properly (other than mocks) so I didn't have the advantage of sitting it in January. I thought section A was fine, apart from the 12 mark question as evaluation on two stakeholder groups of our choice would have been better.

Unfortunately I misread Q7 (:facepalm2:) and I realised half-way through, so I had to quickly bullet point how I would have answered it. I doubt the examiner will care, I'd probably get 2 marks at the most out of sympathy (she hopes...).

Overall I think the main problem was the fact that I lost confidence before. In some mocks I was on low grades due to timing (i.e. a D in a mock), but I improved by practicing and achieved a good A in one mock. Then I just lost momentum due to other heavy-going exams during the week and this morning I felt so nervous as I had two exams. Also, I re-reading the question and underlining is a good idea as I am still irritated that I made a silly mistake.

That said I hope the grade boundaries will be low, I doubt I achieved an A, but hopefully a B and I can do well in the resit next Thursday. An hour and a half is too short for this exam though; especially if they want us to refer back to the case-study.

The stakeholder groups were given to us, customers and shareholders?
Original post by ak!
i'm so annoyed that everyone seems to have already sat both unit 3 and 4 in january so have a rough idea... i sat neither so it's so much pressure!

also, if lots of people found today hard it will push the grade boundaries down don't forget!

unit 4 is worrying me, we only started looking at the toyota case study like 2 weeks ago and it's been out since like december! hopefully q's on culture and ratios has to come up

When i did the toyota exam in January the big question was contingency planning and growth, there werent any ratio or maths type questions so you're probably right.
Reply 254
Original post by Sophia1994
When i did the toyota exam in January the big question was contingency planning and growth, there werent any ratio or maths type questions so you're probably right.

sorry i wanted to know what did you get on that paper?, because i looked through it was baffled by the contingency planning question.
Original post by Sophia1994
The stakeholder groups were given to us, customers and shareholders?

Oh right, I should have clarified - I mean if we could choose them, so like shareholders and employees as there would have been more to write about.
Reply 256
also has anyone got some notes on unit 4 would be thankful :biggrin:
Reply 257
we haven't really got and handouts and stuff, theres a few case study examples in one of the textbooks that are on toyota.

the biggest thing i reckon is about the culture and kaizen and obviously the recalls and how they responded to it. we watched a really good show on toyota which was on tv so if you can find that it may be helpful..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CMPUNK
also has anyone got some notes on unit 4 would be thankful :biggrin:

http://www.businessstudiesonline.co.uk/live/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=120

thats all the notes you'll need:smile:
Reply 259
is anyone doing the Economics and Business Studies exam on the 21st (road transport)

Latest

Trending

Trending