The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Chronoscon
Assess the extent to which Transport and Communications are important for businesses trading with Eastern Europe. [10 marks]

That was the exact wording as far as I remember. I think for evaluation, I was just countering my own application points by referencing corridor X.

Worst question ever - has never been asked before.

lol this was a really bad and ugly question. i completely messed it up by saying that there is poor infrastructure in western balkans and so costs of transport will be higher due to capital depreciation alot quicker alongside spoilage of fragile goods then i evaluated by saying if i can remember correctly that its not that significant as the low labor costs can outweigh this and that short vs long run- in the long run it will improve as theyre investing into infrastructure. i think ill get 0/10 just like in jan i got 0/8 in the global marketing question :frown:
Reply 301
I am. Gonna be revising it tommorow :biggrin:

what questions are you expecting ? has your teacher predicted any ?
and do you have any good essays I coudl have a look at by any chance
Reply 302
Original post by kingam
what does everyone think about the grade boundaries, was an okayish paper some hard questions:frown:, had to miss out a question

I reckon.............................. 37/80 for an A*. nah only kidding about 60 for an A*, 56 for A
Reply 303
Original post by PPF
I reckon.............................. 37/80 for an A*. nah only kidding about 60 for an A*, 56 for A

I HOPE THE GRADE BOUNDRIES ARE LOW--
how did people in your lots school find the paper (is there were enough of us who hated it hopefully they will ne nice and low : ) )
Reply 304
Original post by humera01
I HOPE THE GRADE BOUNDRIES ARE LOW--
how did people in your lots school find the paper (is there were enough of us who hated it hopefully they will ne nice and low : ) )

they wont be so low im afraid. this is just wishful thinking by us they wont exactly make an A* 50 raw marks would they? it will range from 56-62 marks. it wasnt that hard it was just poor performance from our sides apart from question 8 and im sure many people around the uk did really well
Original post by humera01
what questions are you expecting ? has your teacher predicted any ?
and do you have any good essays I coudl have a look at by any chance

I've got a bunch I did throughout the year.

My teacher was always a harsh marker, but still I tended to get A* marks for my essays, so I'm not worried that much.

If its any help, heres the link to an essay which I found very interesting, but do bear in mind it is for Unit 4: The Global Economy, so not Econ and Bus, just Economics pure.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=148024&d=1337030963
Reply 306
Original post by PPF

Haha I'm sure you've done well , the jan exam was easier :frown:
Reply 307
I've got a bunch I did throughout the year.

My teacher was always a harsh marker, but still I tended to get A* marks for my essays, so I'm not worried that much.

If its any help, heres the link to an essay which I found very interesting, but do bear in mind it is for Unit 4: The Global Economy, so not Econ and Bus, just Economics pure.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=148024&d=1337030963

is there any chance you could send me some to read through ... im only going to have day to revise for this exam and any thing would be greatly appriciated : )
Reply 308
Original post by kingam
what does everyone think about the grade boundaries, was an okayish paper some hard questions:frown:, had to miss out a question

my best guess 32 - E
36- D
41-C
46-B
52-A
58-A*
Reply 309
I found this paper alright, i actually answered all of the questions but I think the 6 markers were more difficult.

For question 8 I spoke about:
- transport: road travel through the new motorway X etc and geographical proximity. and then how sea travel is cheaper but unsuitable for perishable goods.
- communication: email etc. but I wrote less for this part

For question 10 my Economics knowledge helped:
- I spoke about new opportunities to export goods in the other EU countries as there's reduced barriers ev. the import for the new EU countries may cause high amount of leakages
- Also, foreign competitors may mean that UK firms have to work harder and can help them becoming more productively efficient and in order to compete UK firms decide to innovate !!!
Reply 310
Ready for unit 4?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 311
Original post by 60062
Ready for unit 4?

nope u?

here's the unit 4 link
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1898165&page=2&p=38198629#post38198629
Reply 312
Hey what did everyone get?
Reply 313
Original post by sadiya18
Hey what did everyone get?

56D for unit 3, wbu?

Reply 314
Anyone make a prediction for jan 2013??? Pleaseeee
Just remember guys, once you've sat the exam, you're not allowed to discuss until 24 hours after.

Latest