The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by PPF
Got it yet?

Yeah finally! thnx
Reply 141
Original post by PPF
One reason for Nestle’s decision to enter into the Chinese market is to extend its product lifecycle. Western confectionary markets have become rather saturated due to high competition and increased awareness of health issues regarding consumption of too much sugar however in China the confectionary market it growing. Since 2005 it has grown by 63 % to $9.2 bn therefore this is a way for Nestle to increase sales growth and extend its product lifecycle which could yield greater profits.

Another reason could be to gain from a greater spread of risk. As Nestle expands over more countries it will spread risks over more markets and so gain greater stability for example if sales in the West are declining then these could be buffered by increasing sales in the Chinese market and so giving Nestle a more stable business portfolio which could attract greater shareholder investment.

definately 6 marks!
decision1 - huge market/customer base, as country becomes wealthier luxury products will be more popular, boosting economy in china (no eco crisis), long term stability.

2-extend product lifestyfe, europe company (risk of saturation)

waah my brains dead tonight:frown:
Reply 143
this threads gonna close after 12 i think. is anyone up for going through all the Q's? because if this IS the article then we could get full UMS
Reply 144
Point 2 is good, but Point 1 i think is wrong because chocolates arent luxury goods theyre actually inferior :tongue: so you would say the nature of the market and quote the stats
Reply 145
Original post by PPF
this threads gonna close after 12 i think. is anyone up for going through all the Q's? because if this IS the article then we could get full UMS

its 3 30 am here ****... im gonna finish all the Q's tho
Reply 146
Original post by CallMeNab

what times your exam AM or PM?
Reply 147
Original post by PPF
Point 2 is good, but Point 1 i think is wrong because chocolates arent luxury goods theyre actually inferior :tongue: so you would say the nature of the market and quote the stats

although some stats sho that chololate is inferior, (during the recession chocolate consumption increased :confused: ) but i dont think it can be classified as inferior... or can it?
Reply 148
although some stats sho that chololate is inferior, (during the recession chocolate consumption increased :confused: ) but i dont think it can be classified as inferior... or can it?

some cant such as the upper class chocs but regular bars are a mixture. in any case tho you wouldnt say there a luxury product at all
night guys, good luck tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 150
wtf happened to every1?
Reply 151
wtf happened to every1?

no clue.. i no 2 ppl gone but wheres Rizzy_J?
Reply 152
Original post by PPF
no clue.. i no 2 ppl gone but wheres Rizzy_J?

Talk of the devil. I am back :biggrin:
Reply 153
wtf happened to every1?

just me and u now
Reply 154
hahahaha... you got ur laptop now?
Reply 155

Which country r u in?
Reply 156
-asses the problems a MNC like Nestle could face when entering the Chinese market (6)

lets go
Reply 157
lol, it dont matter edexcels timed the exams in such a way theres not float time:smile:
Reply 158
Edexel, some smart *******s
Reply 159
i think we can define protectionism here. The barriers to protect domestic industries from foreign competition.

Latest