Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Chelsea F.C. Thread III

Announcements Posted on
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here's the new Chelsea F.C. thread.

Talk about Chelsea, youth squad and whatever that's Chelsea F.C. related.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chelsea_crest.jpg 
Views:	1226 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	179443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zola1.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	179444

Name:	_60362224_60362223.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	179445Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Didier-Drogba-scores-in-t-010.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	179446

Name:	Fernando-Torres-Barcelona-vs-Chelsea.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	179447

Name:	jose+mourinho+chelsea.jpg 
Views:	1021 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	179448
    Anyway. Great result today. Hopefully we dodge madrid, barca, bayern or APOEL and we can well see ourselves in the semi finals.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    We played well :thumbsup:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you change the title to 'The Chelsea F.C. Thread III' as opposed to Society please, just stops the 'this is our thread get out' nonsense that has been creeping in tot he forum over the last couple of years.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That match was so amazing, every time we're in the champions league and it's on tele and we score four (vs barca 4-2, vs livepool 4-4) I cry. Life makes so much more sense after tonights game.

Blue is the colour.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Absolutely brilliant! Everyone played their hearts out, while maybe not the best technical performance, it was top drawer spirit.

Never been that nervous during a Chelsea game for a very, very long time.
    Yeah man. It was a lot of heart, I think that's what we needed, a performance when we are all in it, the players wanted to play for themselves. Napoli were tough and I always thought there would only be one goal in it for either side but we looked like winning as soon as we got into extra time.

Luiz was a boss today.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    We played well. Still shouldn't detract from all the issues we have to resolve as a club, though.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Can you change the title to 'The Chelsea F.C. Thread III' as opposed to Society please, just stops the 'this is our thread get out' nonsense that has been creeping in tot he forum over the last couple of years.
    I wish I knew how to. Erm I thought mods could only change names of threads.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pearl Lake)
    That match was so amazing, every time we're in the champions league and it's on tele and we score four (vs barca 4-2, vs livepool 4-4) I cry. Life makes so much more sense after tonights game.

Blue is the colour.
    Yeah, I don't know any true fan who wasn't screaming when lampard scored that penalty or when ivanovic scored. It was so emotional. I wish I bought a ticket for the match. I'm definitely watching the next CL match if there are tickets available.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I wish I knew how to. Erm I thought mods could only change names of threads.
    Go to your first post, click Edit>Advanced then just change the title If that doesn't work just click on the football sub-forum and double click next to your thread title. It should highlight it and let you change it :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Napoli were so bad. They couldn't defend if their lives depended on it. Non existent midfield as well. But Chelsea played well, obviously pumped up by the occasion.

I wouldn't be surpised if the likes of Cavani/Lavezzi ended up at Stamford Bridge. Think they'd be great for Chelsea. Just what you lack. Some defensive reinforcements as well cos you're a bit shaky at the back.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really enjoyed your game tonight. :yy:

Napoli were disappointing though. Seemed like they felt the need to constantly shoot from outside the box.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeshard)
    Napoli were so bad. They couldn't defend if their lives depended on it. Non existent midfield as well. But Chelsea played well, obviously pumped up by the occasion.

I wouldn't be surpised if the likes of Cavani/Lavezzi ended up at Stamford Bridge. Think they'd be great for Chelsea. Just what you lack. Some defensive reinforcements as well cos you're a bit shaky at the back.
    I think this was a great performance defensively, I would give luiz motm tbh. He made one or two mistakes, but in general he was very good.

Torres played well, just because he missed everyone said he's rubbish, but they didn't see him take on 3 players on the wing. But if suarez does that and doesn't score, everyone says he's a great player?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Napoli weren't bad to be fair, especially in the first 30 minutes. It was only the fact that they were absolutely dreadful at defending our aerial attacks that let them down. I think we did we defensively though to limit their chances within the box. Every single one of our players put in 100% today, that's what makes the victory so special. It's been a long time since we got that feeling.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Go to your first post, click Edit>Advanced then just change the title If that doesn't work just click on the football sub-forum and double click next to your thread title. It should highlight it and let you change it :yep:
    Done
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    that was an intense game!! :woo:

and Drogba's shot that the keeper saved, nay superman-saved!:shock:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was a great chance for Torres though, I know its not important but it was an open goal on his strong side without too much pressure from the opposition defenders..
    A player with any confidence in front of goal would have buried it or at least hit it with some conviction, it just seemed to be a hopeful hit opposed to a genuine attempt even though it was a genuine chance. Oh well, a goal against Leicester hopefully.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Napoli weren't bad to be fair, especially in the first 30 minutes. It was only the fact that they were absolutely dreadful at defending our aerial attacks that let them down. I think we did we defensively though to limit their chances within the box. Every single one of our players put in 100% today, that's what makes the victory so special. It's been a long time since we got that feeling.
    Yeah, it's true, like my friends were saying why I was so loud, but this has probably been our best victory this season, better than the valencia and the man city victory tbh. This is why the CL is the best competition in the world.

Inler's strike was probably the goal of the night. It looked like napoli were drained of confidence though when it got to extra time and the CL experience of our players showed, especially drogba and terry. Di matteo was smart, he just used experience. Despite cahill being better than ivanovic at centre back he gave it to ivanovic when terry was injured. I think even malouda put in a good shift, mata wasn't playing that well this game and neither was sturridge besides between the first goal and the start of the second half.

Now to focus on getting back in it the next season.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Great win, hopefully you guys will draw AOPEL (sp?) or Marseille...
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    It was a great chance for Torres though, I know its not important but it was an open goal on his strong side without too much pressure from the opposition defenders..
    A player with any confidence in front of goal would have buried it or at least hit it with some conviction, it just seemed to be a hopeful hit opposed to a genuine attempt even though it was a genuine chance. Oh well, a goal against Leicester hopefully.
    Yeah, I know. But it was a very hard angle, people seem to forget how he turned 3 napoli defenders on the right wing but they remember when he misses a chance, suarez had a clear cut chance vs everton and missed, no one says anything. If carroll or torresdid that, he'll be called ****.
Updated: March 22, 2013
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.