Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Chelsea F.C. Thread III

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done FA. We're forced to play the Spuds on a Sunday so close to a potential tie with Barcelona. How about we field a team full of academy players just to make a point? The FA can't moan that we're treating the FA Cup with disdain since they let Man Utd not play in the FA Cup anyway and all other European FAs help their own sides when Europe is an issue. It's just jingoist protectionism. Seriously, it will be there for all to see on how much of a group of clowns they are when Stuart Pearce is manager of the NT on a permanent basis.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    PLAY ROMEU. You have a player that is twice the player Essien was at this age.
    WE ALREADY HAVE BUSQUESTS,MASCHERANO,JDS and KEITA.
    We won't buy him back anytime soon. JUST PLAY THE DAMN KID.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    He was AVB's signing, don't know how much he'll be utilised under RDM. Although for the games he was played he certainly did impress. I think he should be used in the games preceding a CL game when we're bound to rest some players.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    More fans = less likelihood. Great? Amazing point to make.
    My brother has never been to manchester, he's a united fan. He even agreed with me yesterday when I said united have more 'fans' in london than chelsea fans. There were 5 people in my school who were chelsea fans yet I could find 100 united fans. That really says it all.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    He was AVB's signing, don't know how much he'll be utilised under RDM. Although for the games he was played he certainly did impress. I think he should be used in the games preceding a CL game when we're bound to rest some players.
    I think he's ready for big games, he played vs valencia and did well and played against man city too. He does need games, he should play the small games since he would get more game time than facing all the big boys.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Romeu is good enough to be a starter.

And Torres has been carrying us over the past couple of weeks.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    First ten minutes, Torres misses a one-on-one and misses a tap in from the six yard box but studge picks up the pieces and scores. There are goals in this one for Torres if he wants them.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    Hear, hear...
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Such a crumble...:facepalm2:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Torres, what a game!!!!!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy that my favourite defender scored TWICE - yes Branislav you hero!
    and Torres! woooohoooo, that was a great goal! TORRES TORRES TORRES.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Glad it wasn't 3-3 like last season
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Glad it wasn't 3-3 like last season
    Villa are one of our hardest fixtures so to get a result away from home is pretty amazing. Now if Swansea can cause an upset to Spurs we'll be in contention for a CL place!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When Villa equalised, I was certain we'd lose, so happy we won and Torres got on the scoresheet!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Such a crumble...:facepalm2:
    It's all good mate, it all went according to plan Just needed to pressure Torres into scoring the goal that kept us safe, that's all xD

But seriously, wonderful finish, love how Studge decided against going for the shot, he must have been so tempted but stopped
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

I went to do some laundry, with 15 minutes to go - I thought the points were secure.

I come back to find I've missed a cracker of a game.

:sigh:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    It's all good mate, it all went according to plan Just needed to pressure Torres into scoring the goal that kept us safe, that's all xD

But seriously, wonderful finish, love how Studge decided against going for the shot, he must have been so tempted but stopped
    Yeah, great to see Sturridge playing more selflessly and knowing when to pick a pass rather than going for goal.

So psyched for the CL game now. RDM has now won 6/8 games, with 1 draw and 1 loss. Let's keep this up
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)

Yes, I got stressed; the team still haven't restored my trust in them after the Villas-Boas era...so happy Torres has scored. He's done well in the last five games or so.

Yeah, great to see Sturridge playing more selflessly and knowing when to pick a pass rather than going for goal.

So psyched for the CL game now. RDM has now won 6/8 games, with 1 draw and 1 loss. Let's keep this up
    Me too. I'm going, which I'm incredibly excited about. Considering one loss was against Man City in rather unlucky circumstances and one was a draw to Tottenham, he's really staking a strong claim for the job on a permanent basis.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of the most biased refs against villa this season and ivanovic basically pushing the ball down with his hands pathetic. Thats what you expect when you play London teams though.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Yes, I got stressed; the team still haven't restored my trust in them after the Villas-Boas era...so happy Torres has scored. He's done well in the last five games or so.

Me too. I'm going, which I'm incredibly excited about. Considering one loss was against Man City in rather unlucky circumstances and one was a draw to Tottenham, he's really staking a strong claim for the job on a permanent basis.
    RDM's got the dressing room buzzing, he's the only manager to get Torres to score goals! In a few weeks incharge he's got Nando to score 3 goals and about 5 assists, he got another one today! Hope he get's it tbh. Imagine, CL final and FA Cup glory. :coma: One can only dream..

I think RDM had a good long talk with him Sturridge after that FA Cup tie and after being dropped he responded well. Torres to start against Benfica?

(Original post by USB)
    Wow.

I went to do some laundry, with 15 minutes to go - I thought the points were secure.

I come back to find I've missed a cracker of a game.

:sigh:
    Moral of the story, never do laundry with 15 minutes to go.

Worrying signs: "Chelsea assessing ankle ligament injury for David Luiz and foot injury for Didier Drogba. Next 48 hours will know more." Ankle ligaments are never a good thing ><
Updated: March 22, 2013
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.