Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Chelsea F.C. Thread III

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    1) It's always been the CL on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, what do you expect?
    2) If UEFA, not FIFA.
    Lol, I don't know why I said fifa - probably too much time on the PlayStation...

As for the fixtures, I can live with CL being midweek, but to have an FA cup match moved by the FA to be closer to that the CL match, especially seeing as we have Arsenal afterwards (on a Saturday!) really irks me.

If Barcelona has been in this situation, there would've been no way that their domestic cup match would've been moved to cause inconvenience to the club.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I actually hope RDM stays for longer, I think it's good to have someone less experienced, but because he was a Chelsea player himself, he seems to motivate the players more and they show more passion.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    1) It's always been the CL on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, what do you expect?
    2) If UEFA, not FIFA.
    The FA are at fault in this case though.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Lol, I don't know why I said fifa - probably too much time on the PlayStation...

As for the fixtures, I can live with CL being midweek, but to have an FA cup match moved by the FA to be closer to that the CL match, especially seeing as we have Arsenal afterwards (on a Saturday!) really irks me.

If Barcelona has been in this situation, there would've been no way that their domestic cup match would've been moved to cause inconvenience to the club.
    Surely thats the FA's fault though? Not UEFA?

And the Copa Del Rey scheduling a lot earlier so it never clashes with the KO rounds of the CL/EL anyway. :dontknow:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Surely thats the FA's fault though? Not UEFA?

And the Copa Del Rey scheduling a lot earlier so it never clashes with the KO rounds of the CL/EL anyway. :dontknow:
    Yes it is the FA to blame :P

Oh, and solid organisation has never been a strong point of the FA. :mad:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver0)
    I actually hope RDM stays for longer, I think it's good to have someone less experienced, but because he was a Chelsea player himself, he seems to motivate the players more and they show more passion.
    I've always wanted a person with a connection to the club. Villas boas included. I wouldn't have minded getting zola either.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Yes it is the FA to blame :P

Oh, and solid organisation has never been a strong point of the FA. :mad:
    They can certainly put the match on a Friday but it seems they are hell bent in giving Droopy Chops a trophy to justify bestowing him as England manager. Really, football on Friday evenings is underrated. Much better than a bloody Monday.

Everton or Liverpool win the FA Cup
    Spurs finish 4th
    Chelsea win the CL
    Stuart Pearce as England manager

I will be happy for various reasons. :cool:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    They can certainly put the match on a Friday but it seems they are hell bent in giving Droopy Chops a trophy to justify bestowing him as England manager. Really, football on Friday evenings is underrated. Much better than a bloody Monday.

Spurs finish 4th
    Chelsea win the CL

Yup. I would love this, I would rather this happen than us win the prem tbh. Seeing Spurs in the europa league would put a smile on my face. What happened to the medias buttlicking of harry redknapp? Now they're back to alex ferguson's mind games with mancini and wenger's revival.

They've completely forgot about newcastle, despite the fact that they can still make 4th place.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    It would seem so. To have Torres and Kalou score in one week... and in how long is that? Eight games? Nine games?

Honestly, if he keeps this up, he gets my backing for the job full-time. Well. The FA Cup is plausible, but in no way are we winning the Champions League.
    It's a miracle I say! 24th Sept was Torres' last goal! Kalou is looking like the perfect partner/left wing player for now for Torres. Wouldn't mind keeping if he keeps this form up. Malouda just needs to leave. The less about him the better. Wouldn't mind RDM with the full time job! We aren't winning the CL but if we get to the semi or even finals could show Abramovich that RDM can take us there in a year or 2?

(Original post by Yawn-er)
    Just stalked him on youtube, and looks like he's a rightie that plays on the left-wing. Some of his goals :coma:. Basically the opposite of Sturridge.

Lukaku reminds me of Heskey. Needs to go on loan and learn some stuff. McEachran doesnt start for Swansea, which is worrying really.

I do have high hopes for De Bruyne though. Could be a good buy, if we dont let him rot in the reserves. Lucas Piazon and Islam Feruz sound like they're doing well at the moment too. These guys just need first-team football to grow...
    De Bruyne is quality :coma: Imagine 20 goals a season from the 2 wingers alone. A good 15 from midfield and hopefully a good 20 upfront, that's a lot of potential goals!

I hope we give Piazon some game time, he look's a perfect player to be playing behind the striker and there allows us to rest Mata when need too. Islam Feruz is scoring for fun in the reserves atm! Wingers for next season:

Mata, Sturridge, Kalou, De Bruyne and one more quality winger.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz ‏ @DavidLuiz_4 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    I cut my hair today!

He better be joking today. He most likely is, but this would has to be one of the worst pranks he could ever pull. His hair gives him the cushion and goals :coma:
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)

Spurs finish 4th
    Chelsea win the CL

I used to love Friday Night Football...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    I cut my hair today!

He better be joking today. He most likely is, but this would has to be one of the worst pranks he could ever pull. His hair gives him the cushion and goals :coma:
    I really hope this is a joke, hahaha. his hair is too amazing
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I used to love Friday Night Football...
    Heh. Can't remember any domestic cup matches or Premier League matches on TV on a Friday but I know you get the odd Championship match. Last I heard it was the fourth highest financially valuable division in Europe. So if the Championship do it then I see no reason why domestic cups and the Premier League cannot. I wonder how many viewers ITV will actually get, especially if we field a weakened side. Most people care about games on a knife edge that will go either way, which showed during our match against Napoli when it entered extra time. Sunday evenings are a good time for me to game online.

Unfortunately we've been in this situation before when Grant moaned when our match with Everton was brought forward. Looks like Leo Tolstoy's quote that money is a new form of slavery is poignant in football too!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver0)
    I really hope this is a joke, hahaha. his hair is too amazing
    (Original post by iRush)
    I cut my hair today!

Doesn't look like he has.
    http://t.co/jPufziXV
    On a side note, the man in that picture with him looks oddly like my uncle in a wig. I wonder...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    On a side note, the man in that picture with him looks oddly like my uncle in a wig. I wonder...
    Yeah, saw that, April fools joke tbh.

Buzzing for the Benfica game tomorrow! Is it me or is everyone else also getting a feeling that Torres will create havoc tomorrow! I have a feeling he's scoring tomorrow!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    It does look slightly shorter, but probably just a joke haha.

(Original post by iRush)
    Yeah, saw that, April fools joke tbh.

Buzzing for the Benfica game tomorrow! Is it me or is everyone else also getting a feeling that Torres will create havoc tomorrow! I have a feeling he's scoring tomorrow!
    Yes! I feel like Torres will soon be on fire and will score important goals. I do hope he does well tomorrow and win it for us. He should really start most games now, he's improving so much, and I just love seeing him play.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    IF we get through tomorrow, I really cannot see us beating Barca over 2 legs...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even if we do go through, playing Barca is just demoralising. Even when we deserve to beat them we don't, and this season I really cannot see us deserving to win.

Never know in football though, we DO have a lot of big game players.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    If we played Barca with the same fight and motivation we had in the 2nd leg against Napoli, we might have a good chance...That was our best performance this season, and it's going to take that extra effort to give them a good game.

Although I would have preferred playing at the Nou Camp first like back in 09. Limit the damage there and then go for it at home. Going to be a completely different game now...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If we play at our best we'll take the game to them for sure, but I still think we would have slim chances. We just don't have the defence we used to. We can be 3 up and I'll still expect the other team to equalise, and against a team like Barca.. Well, that's pretty much suicide.

Still, we have a chance. About as big as QPR ever becoming a real club, but still, a chance
Updated: March 22, 2013
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.