Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Chelsea F.C. Thread III

Announcements Posted on
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    If it counts for torres it counts for suarez in my opinion, I don't see how they're different.
    Dont quite get what you mean here..
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    We played well. Still shouldn't detract from all the issues we have to resolve as a club, though.
    That's true but still shows that the old guard can take us through this season and a gradual change over the next year or 2 can be done. Every player as said put in 110% and that had to be the best feeling of winning a game with Chelsea I've had all season, Man City at home and Valencia were good too but this was on another level! Hope we continue this form in the league and FA Cup. If we beat Leicster and Man City, our season can turn around.

(Original post by Isometrix)
    Napoli weren't bad to be fair, especially in the first 30 minutes. It was only the fact that they were absolutely dreadful at defending our aerial attacks that let them down. I think we did we defensively though to limit their chances within the box. Every single one of our players put in 100% today, that's what makes the victory so special. It's been a long time since we got that feeling.
    Drogba basically sat on the defenders and won the aerial battles which worked to our advantage. Ramires is surprisingly good on the wing lol, great cross for the first goal and his work rate was exceptional. Wouldn't mind IF Di Matteo salvages this season, to be our full time manager, he loves the club, players respect and love him as we saw last night and he's played for us.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great win last night
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    players respect and love him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here a member? How much roughly does it cost?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Dont quite get what you mean here..
    Suarez' goal record isn't that good either, he does the same thing as torres, gets past a bunch of players on his own, but can't finish properly.

Anyway, if torres gets stick for doing that, why doesn't suarez get stick for it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stubear)
    Anyone on here a member? How much roughly does it cost?
    Depends how old you are mate
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    Depends how old you are mate
    18, also want to know for a mates dad who's 50
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    That's true but still shows that the old guard can take us through this season and a gradual change over the next year or 2 can be done. Every player as said put in 110% and that had to be the best feeling of winning a game with Chelsea I've had all season, Man City at home and Valencia were good too but this was on another level! Hope we continue this form in the league and FA Cup. If we beat Leicster and Man City, our season can turn around.
    Whilst there is a lot of merit to the suggestion of gradual change over revolution (especially given the unquestionable failure of Villas-Boas's revolution), it doesn't change the fact that a significant number of changes have to be made this summer. I never thought Cole or Lampard should be sold immediately, and I was ambivalent over Drogba and Terry, but there are certain players who have to be sold this summer and replaced by relatively young, high-quality replacements. We need a manager who has the full backing of both players and board, and we need to attempt to sort out our backroom. Having Michael Emenalo as Technical Director is ludicrous, and we've made a lot of backroom betises recently. Nevertheless, our season has been reignited now: the FA Cup is definitely winnable and if we get a good draw in the Champions League quarter-finals we have a good chance of exceeding the expectations that we could've had three weeks ago.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If Di Matteo Gets in the top four and also wins FA cup, i think we must keep him. At least all the players respect him...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Last team in Europe this season for England. That's pretty astonishing.

Also, subscribing.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Whilst there is a lot of merit to the suggestion of gradual change over revolution (especially given the unquestionable failure of Villas-Boas's revolution), it doesn't change the fact that a significant number of changes have to be made this summer. I never thought Cole or Lampard should be sold immediately, and I was ambivalent over Drogba and Terry, but there are certain players who have to be sold this summer and replaced by relatively young, high-quality replacements. We need a manager who has the full backing of both players and board, and we need to attempt to sort out our backroom. Having Michael Emenalo as Technical Director is ludicrous, and we've made a lot of backroom betises recently. Nevertheless, our season has been reignited now: the FA Cup is definitely winnable and if we get a good draw in the Champions League quarter-finals we have a good chance of exceeding the expectations that we could've had three weeks ago.
    To be honest, the changes needed are for the much younger players/not the dressing room characters, e.g. the mikels, kalous, maloudas etc. Not the main players like drogba, lampard, terry and cole, we may need to change them next season, but it should be gradual, terry still has it, cole can be replaced by bertrand, lampard with mceachran and terry with cahill/chalobah/bruma. So it's not that bad tbh. However, with malouda and kalou a new winger is definitely needed, preferably one who can play on both wings.

Seeing as the typical powerhouse chelsea team works fairly well, hulk will definitely suit us, but a player in the pedro mould would do great for us.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    great win last night, now if we can reach the fa cup semis and beat man city who knows what will happen to are season
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i think we whould grab berba in the summer. his slower playstyle will suit us
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If someone had told me a few months ago that Chelsea in March would have been the last British team in Europe, I would have laughed in their face.

We are now carrying a nation on our back, not just a city.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not being bitter or anything and I wish y'all the best but if you think your gonna get further in the comp...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :no:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    who knows, for years we've had a good team and been unlucky, if all all the good luck that we didn't have comes along we may lift the cup...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So ****ing glad to see the players playing with real desire for the first time in ages. That's how they should play EVERY game. Jaded ****s
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Torres and Drogba !!!

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Steven gerrard is there and can do both, enough said.
    Torres has assisted a lot of mata's goals, the 3-3 against united for example, no one says it was a wonderful cross, they say why didn't he score.

I agree with the united guy tbh.
    Steven Gerrard is injured A LOT. This Everton game has been his best in a long time, so you can't say 'gerrard is there and does it'' off the back of that. Suarez has been our sole creator for the best part of 18 months (bar the ban obviously) and if you disagree with that, you don't watch Liverpool play. You're blind and stupid if you don't think Suarez is a great chance creator. He's just a woeful finisher. Did you not watch him maze through 4 or 5 United defenders for Kuyt to tap home? Or when he did it against Arsenal but shot straight into Szcesneys hands? He's great at wriggling past defenders and is suddenly through on goal but once he's there he just hasn't got that composure in front of goal and our other players don't crowd the box to gain something out of Suarez's hard work. It worked against Everton though. Carroll is supposed to be that number 9 that feeds off Suarez but Carroll's movement is atrocious, he has no awareness whatsoever.

Torres has looked okay. Yes he assists. But that's not what Torres is. Btw I think the commentator went on about how great Torre's cross was for about 5 years after he done it. Commentators really patronize Torres these days because everyone wants him to do well. He was the most likeable forward in the premier league and it was a joy to watch him. I feel really bad for the guy. It's like now he feels more comfortable hugging the byline getting the crosses in for someone else to finish, then beating a couple of defenders and slotting it home himself. It's really sad to see.
Updated: March 22, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.