Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Chelsea F.C. Thread III

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dont forget the Manchester United V Chelsea FA youth cup first leg tonight
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    fa youth cup first leg result, man utd 1- chelsea 2. get in there lads
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Dont forget the Manchester United V Chelsea FA youth cup first leg tonight
    We beat you guys haha, I don't know too much about us besides piazon, lalkovic and chalobah though. I know you guys have keane. Although he doesn't really get a breakthrough at old trafford, do you think that he needs a loan like welbeck did?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    We beat you guys haha, I don't know too much about us besides piazon, lalkovic and chalobah though. I know you guys have keane. Although he doesn't really get a breakthrough at old trafford, do you think that he needs a loan like welbeck did?
    Indeed ¬_¬

I think the more knowledgeable people expected the Chelsea team to win given they are, apparently, more experienced and slightly older than the United team, but it was a fairly good game once it got going i think.

That Feruz guy looks pretty darn good

Keane is in reserves (both of them lol) not the youth side. But he looks pretty good from the reserves games i have seen, no idea how they will make him progress though. It isnt always as easy to push a striker straight in like it is with say Pogba
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Indeed ¬_¬

I think the more knowledgeable people expected the Chelsea team to win given they are, apparently, more experienced and slightly older than the United team, but it was a fairly good game once it got going i think.

That Feruz guy looks pretty darn good

Keane is in reserves (both of them lol) not the youth side. But he looks pretty good from the reserves games i have seen, no idea how they will make him progress though. It isnt always as easy to push a striker straight in like it is with say Pogba
    Pogba and cleverley are lucky in the fact that your central midfield has been lacking, due to injuries to anderson/fletcher and lack of creativity/consistancy but cleverley has looked great so far, pogba might need some more time, he needs a loan.

I know a lot of you guys are bittersweet with morrisons departure, but do you think he'll become a quality player at west ham? They do know how to use the youth and allardyce did make jones get the breakthrough he needed at blackburn?

I really wanna see piazon play, at least we won't have to rely on mata every match, only thing I think piazon is lacking is in passing ability from when he was at sau paulo, he's a fairly good dribbler and should play a game or two this season. I've heard a lot about feruz, maybe if we start focusing on youth we might get him a run in. Chalobah and mceachran are givens in our side, dunno about bertrand. He might be our jay spearing type player I think, does a job when our left back is injured but isn't first choice.

Berbatovs departure can help keane(will keane right?) get a run in since I think you're gonna do a rossi/pique/tosic to macheda and will regret it later.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    McEachran's on loan to Swansea, but he doesn't really seem to get much playing time.. I know him and Rodgers know each other from when he was Chelsea Youth team manager, but I thought he would of been better off at Bolton. He would have definitely got more playing time there.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    McEachran's on loan to Swansea, but he doesn't really seem to get much playing time.. I know him and Rodgers know each other from when he was Chelsea Youth team manager, but I thought he would of been better off at Bolton. He would have definitely got more playing time there.
    Yeah, I heard from my mate yesterday that mceachran doesn't play that much. britton and allen are a good partnership. Though mceachrans first touch is sublime and his dribbling is pretty good. Maybe we need a talk for mceachran.

Kakuta should be playing/getting game time next season.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah, I heard from my mate yesterday that mceachran doesn't play that much. britton and allen are a good partnership. Though mceachrans first touch is sublime and his dribbling is pretty good. Maybe we need a talk for mceachran.

Kakuta should be playing/getting game time next season.
    I heard he's been scoring a few goals for Dijon, which is good. Main thing is that McEachran's still a young lad and I think he'll be 19 next year? So he's still got plenty of time. I think we should consider loaning out Lukaku aswell, but to a PL team rather than sending him to Anderlecht.

I know there's a fair bit of pressure on McEachran as people have called him the next Lampard, but we do also have Piazon who may be eyeing Frank's position aswell in the future.. So we'll wait and see :holmes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I heard he's been scoring a few goals for Dijon, which is good. Main thing is that McEachran's still a young lad and I think he'll be 19 next year? So he's still got plenty of time. I think we should consider loaning out Lukaku aswell, but to a PL team rather than sending him to Anderlecht.

I know there's a fair bit of pressure on McEachran as people have called him the next Lampard, but we do also have Piazon who may be eyeing Frank's position aswell in the future.. So we'll wait and see :holmes:
    Piazon's been labelled the next Kaka lol
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiddink may still be able to join Chelsea this summer:

"I have a deal until the middle of June. Then the club and I both have the possibility to end the contract," said Hiddink in the Sunday Mirror.

"We will evaluate the situation in June. If we both feel like we want to carry on, we will.''

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7606593/
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Hiddink may still be able to join Chelsea this summer:

"I have a deal until the middle of June. Then the club and I both have the possibility to end the contract," said Hiddink in the Sunday Mirror.

"We will evaluate the situation in June. If we both feel like we want to carry on, we will.''

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7606593/
    Woo! Imo, Hiddink would be perfect, he can help us transform. Would be lovely to have him back here! Life seems a fraction better in terms of managers

Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:
    1 Petr Cech (c)
    17 Jose Bosingwa
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    24 Gary Cahill
    34 Ryan Bertrand
    12 John Mikel Obi
    16 Raul Meireles
    23 Daniel Sturridge
    10 Juan Mata
    21 Salomon Kalou
    9 Fernando Torres
    Subs: 40 Hilario, 19 Paulo Ferreira, 4 David Luiz, 5 Michael Essien, 8 Frank Lampard, 15 Florent Malouda, 11Didier Drogba.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Woo! Imo, Hiddink would be perfect, he can help us transform. Would be lovely to have him back here! Life seems a fraction better in terms of managers

Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:
    1 Petr Cech (c)
    17 Jose Bosingwa
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    24 Gary Cahill
    34 Ryan Bertrand
    12 John Mikel Obi
    16 Raul Meireles
    23 Daniel Sturridge
    10 Juan Mata
    21 Salomon Kalou
    9 Fernando Torres
    Subs: 40 Hilario, 19 Paulo Ferreira, 4 David Luiz, 5 Michael Essien, 8 Frank Lampard, 15 Florent Malouda, 11Didier Drogba.
    y no jt?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    y no jt?
    Came off injured against Napoli but RDM said he's fit. Resting him for Man City on wednesday.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please message me a link for the game?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please message me a link for the game?
    sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/122909

There's one..if you've got Sopcast.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    today is the day for a Torres hat trick
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thx for the link!

Selfish play from Sturridge, just set Torres up he needs the goal!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thx for the link!

Selfish play from Sturridge, just set Torres up he needs the goal!!!
    I'm ****ing FUMING here, WTF WAS THAT??!! :mob:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea look reinvigorated, that Napoli win could kick-start your season.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Chelsea look reinvigorated, that Napoli win could kick-start your season.
    I can fully see a hiddink situation occuring...we'll get to the semis of the CL, get knocked out by barca again, we then win the FA cup and become 3rd. I have been saying this before we beat napoli tbh. What's happened is what has happened to you guys.

I was looking at villas boas' record, he was poor at chelsea, his win record at adacemica was only 10 percent lower than his win record at chelsea. I think he lost the plot, terrible man management was the reason he was sacked, I was against the dressing room power and still am, but when you're creating a mentality that it's you and them and not a group mentality, it makes it worse. Look at how ferguson manages a transition team. He's not scared to axe his stars and ageing teams e.g. beckham, keane etc. but he still has a good relationship with most of them bar keane. Beckham, scholes, giggs, the nevilles.

When you're saying that a team that won the double 2 seasons ago is now not at man citys level to the public, that's basically admitting defeat. He looked like he had enough. I wish him the best though, I fully expect him to take the inter job which is very similar to the chelsea job and he would learn his lessons and tailor to their strengths.
Updated: March 22, 2013
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.