Lampard-Essien
    Ramires-Mata-Kalou
    Drogba
    no torres/meireles?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    no torres/meireles?
    Yeah I'd go with that except replacing Kalou with Malouda, and in a slightly different formation:

Cech
    Bosingwa Ivanovic Terry Cole
    Ramires Essien
    Mata Lampard Malouda
    Drogba

I wouldn't include Miereles because there are better options to be honest. And I think Drogba is the man we need to turn to again for an important final - it would be great if he could work with Torres but unfortunately that isn't the case yet.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No idea why you'd imagine he'd start Essien when he hasn't done so for any of our big matches so far. I think it will be Drogba up top. Hoping he wont start Kalou but he probably will as we have so few options for that position.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    no torres/meireles?
    Both of those were starters against Newcastle in midweek whereas Drogba, Essien, Lampard, Mata, Cole, Kalou were all either partially or fully rested.

Wouldn't surprise me if they still started though, I guess I'm just a bit worried about how they'd perform against their former club. :dontknow:

(Original post by mhsc)
    No idea why you'd imagine he'd start Essien when he hasn't done so for any of our big matches so far.
    True. Thought he was solid last time he started though..albeit against QPR.

Will probably be Mikel next to Lamps.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    "Working with architects and planning experts we have developed a plan to preserve all the significant aspects of Battersea Power Station. The four iconic chimneys and wash towers along with the Grade II* listed west turbine hall and control room will be restored and retained in their original locations and provide a unique architectural backdrop to a world-class stadium with a capacity of around 60,000 seats.

This sounds awesome, it wont just be a plain stadium then. + there would be no need to think of a name, just call it

"the power station"

hope the fans wont block and future motions proposed by chelsea fc.
    Battersea stadium?
    Or we can go the newcastle route and call it samsung arena? :awesome:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    No idea why you'd imagine he'd start Essien when he hasn't done so for any of our big matches so far. I think it will be Drogba up top. Hoping he wont start Kalou but he probably will as we have so few options for that position.
    Napoli match he started.
    I think essien will step up when needed.
    Do you think essien will get back to form soon?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Battersea stadium?
    Or we can go the newcastle route and call it samsung arena? :awesome:
    There were plans in recent years to increase Stamford Bridge's capacity to around 55,000, until they realized safety precautions. Shame. That would be a good idea though
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wawasan)
    There were plans in recent years to increase Stamford Bridge's capacity to around 55,000, until they realized safety precautions. Shame. That would be a good idea though
    Yeah it would have been. I guess this is how it's gonna be, I think the club should give the sharehold back when they buy the stadium, had it not been for bates giving the fans shares of the property, we wouldn't have a stadium anymore which is why the supporters are cautious.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Napoli match he started.
    I think essien will step up when needed.
    Do you think essien will get back to form soon?
    As much as I hate to say it, I don't think he'll ever get back to his best.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    From Newcastle's performance and I know everyone didn't perform as well but Malouda shouldn't and won't start. It'll be Kalou, RDM loves him for his pace on the counter attack. It'll be Drogba upfront simply because it's Wembley and he'll give Skrtel and Carragher/Agger something to think about, occupy them both and bring Mata, Ramires and Lampard into play. Slightly worried with the lack of pace our CB's have, would have been nice to know that either Luiz/Cahill were playing cause they would be able to catch Suarez but I think JT will handle him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    From Newcastle's performance and I know everyone didn't perform as well but Malouda shouldn't and won't start. It'll be Kalou, RDM loves him for his pace on the counter attack. It'll be Drogba upfront simply because it's Wembley and he'll give Skrtel and Carragher/Agger something to think about, occupy them both and bring Mata, Ramires and Lampard into play. Slightly worried with the lack of pace our CB's have, would have been nice to know that either Luiz/Cahill were playing cause they would be able to catch Suarez but I think JT will handle him.
    They've been ruled out

https://twitter.com/#!/chelseafc

Chelsea FC ‏ @chelseafc

Both David Luiz and Gary Cahill are ruled out of tomorrow's game #CFC Wembley (SL)
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gutted that Luiz and Cahill are both out. I'm actually feeling an odd amount of trepidation about this game - coming off the Newcastle result and based on the fact that Liverpool are such a cup team now - even though we've been in the better form and have the better team. Ah well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well at least both teams played at home last and BOTH lost so that is equal.

But everyone predicting Liverpool win, we are the underdogs...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Well at least both teams played at home last and BOTH lost so that is equal.

But everyone predicting Liverpool win, we are the underdogs...
    What? How'd you work that out?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    What? How'd you work that out?
    Well if the BBC...etc is predicting a Liverpool win then they are favourites and seen as a 'cup team' now so we are the underdogs slightly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So nervous.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Well if the BBC...etc is predicting a Liverpool win then they are favourites and seen as a 'cup team' now so we are the underdogs slightly.
    Think they only predict us to win because they fancy that our underdog status will spur us on to beat you.

Chelsea are higher in the league, further in cup competitions etc. Therefore they are the favourites? I'd imagine betting odds favour Chelsea to win.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Think they only predict us to win because they fancy that our underdog status will spur us on to beat you.

Chelsea are higher in the league, further in cup competitions etc. Therefore they are the favourites? I'd imagine betting odds favour Chelsea to win.
    Well I think it is due to recently Liverpool have beaten us a lot in matches.
Updated: March 22, 2013
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.