Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Chelsea F.C. Thread III

Announcements Posted on
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    Rooney was not a product of Manchester United.
    No-one said that he was?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    No-one said that he was?
    I'm sorry, I thought cfc1992 was implying the fact that Wayne Rooney was a brilliant young player that Manchester United had brought through the youth team and into the first team!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    Rooney was not a product of Manchester United.
    You don't say. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    You don't say. :rolleyes:
    I misunderstood sorry man!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    The last time Atletico won the Europa League, Bayern lost the Champions League final and Blackpool gained promotion at Wembley
    Oh and also, Terry was stripped of England captaincy in February of that year, and the eventual winners of the Champions League had beaten Barcelona 3-2 on aggregate in the semi-final, with the second leg held at the Nou Camp
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wawasan)
    1) 4-2-3-1. Luiz and Cahill will be fit.

2)I don't think we'll park the bus until after if and when we go ahead though, otherwise we have no attacking threat. Although you could argue that Drogba could be unplayable on his own up front if it is his day. Best option for me would be Mata and Malouda on the wings. Something tells me that he just isn't as influentual in the centre of the park, Lampard would be better in that attacking midfield role with Essien and Mikel holding behind him
    Sorry for the late reply.

1) Ok.

2) Hmmm. I personally think Mata is more effective in the middle behind the striker than on the wing. Also, Essien hasn't had the best of games in recent times and Lampard has performed well as a holding midfielder. Even though Malouda is average, you would have to do with him and Kalou on the wings IMO.

Also, I was thinking. Who would you rather have as right back? Bosingwa or Ferreira?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cable)
    Sorry for the late reply.

1) Ok.

2) Hmmm. I personally think Mata is more effective in the middle behind the striker than on the wing. Also, Essien hasn't had the best of games in recent times and Lampard has performed well as a holding midfielder. Even though Malouda is average, you would have to do with him and Kalou on the wings IMO.

Also, I was thinking. Who would you rather have as right back? Bosingwa or Ferreira?
    Fair point about Mata tbh. And Bosingwa will almost certainly be the right back
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Bayern's cup final tonight? You can watchit on a stream online. It should provide a good insight into how they'll be like next Saturday, hopefully this may take a lit of momentum out of them! :P
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dortmund have just scored with their first attack inside 3 mins. Now Bayern will have to work hard
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dortmund have just scored with their first attack inside 3 mins. Now Bayern will have to work hard
    Are Bayern playing a weakened team?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope they get tired and injured for next weekend as this is a huge cup for them and they will have to play hard with a strong team.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Are Bayern playing a weakened team?
    Nope, it's arguably their best:

Neuer
    Lahm Boateng Badstuber Alaba
    Robben Gustavo Schweinsteiger Ribery
    Kroos Gomez

Badstuber, Alaba and Gustavo are banned for the CL. You can watch the game here http://www.unsports.me/6786/1/Watch-...Bayern-Munich/
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Neuer
    Kroos Gomez

Badstuber, Alaba and Gustavo are banned for the CL. You can watch the game here http://www.unsports.me/6786/1/Watch-...Bayern-Munich/
    Awesome, would be good for us if they lost this and perhaps lose a player to injury
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Awesome, would be good for us if they lost this and perhaps lose a player to injury
    Bayern have a penalty, but I tell you what. They got it from when the Dortmund goalkeeper sent Gomez absolutely flying inside the area :P.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

Neuer
    Kroos Gomez

:coma: Quality squad, Alaba is quality and he's only 19.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    He might actually be injured :o:O. Watch it, it's a great game.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dortmund have scored a pen, 2-1 to them again
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    3-1 to Dortmund now on the stroke of half time!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No streams work so just hope Dortmund win and Bayern get knackered!
Updated: March 22, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.