Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Chelsea F.C. Thread III

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    No you are not a supporter, you are an arm chair fan.
    Agreed. The definition of supporter would only apply to me for Barcelona.
    But it's not a crime is it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    BPL.

Fair enough. Same for me with inter, west ham and any team that mourinho goes to or has been. Well arm chair with those teams, couldn't care if they get relegated(besides west ham as it usually means millwall fans smash up the local area when they face each other)
    In terms of being a fan. Well it's chelsea.
    I loved the West ham of Mascherano and Tevez .
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    I loved the West ham of Mascherano and Tevez .
    Yeah, west ham would be in top 4 if they'd just kept their key players. Oh well too bad. They'll be up next season. They should have never sacked zola.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    Agreed. The definition of supporter would only apply to me for Barcelona.
    But it's not a crime is it?
    I guess not nah
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The word on the grapevine is that the Chelsea hierarchy will offer RDM a one year contract if he wins the Champions League.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    How much will losing the final set you back?

For example, I'd imagine Modric was close to signing for you and if you win then it's feasiable he would leave Spurs (who lose their CL spot) for Chelsea (who gain a CL spot).
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, this is a really interesting thread http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2012/...ctical-preview.

Its basically analytically looking at where Bayern have been exposed in the past and how we can do so. For example, it was evident how Shinji Kagwa was carving through balls between Bayern's centre backs last Saturday and, with the usual pairing of Boateng and Badstuber lost, we could also capitalize thta. But the main point raised is that Bayern will have to get used to making Schweinsteiger or Kroos drop back into an unorthodox defensively midfield role, with Muller having to support Gomez in some way. I believe we can outnumber them in the middle of the park, and we really should have Mata there to pull the strings, making sure that he is the one to feed the balls through to Drogba and anyone else in support who will look to play off the last man. My word, we have got a chance.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    How much will losing the final set you back?

For example, I'd imagine Modric was close to signing for you and if you win then it's feasiable he would leave Spurs (who lose their CL spot) for Chelsea (who gain a CL spot).
    A barrage of wummage from the trophy counters and anti-football brigade, I'd imagine.

I don't think we even need Modric tbh.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I now think we should have Torres on the right wing, because as explained in my previous post, I think its essential we have Mata to really make Bayern pay. Plus, if FIFA ratings are anything to go by, Torres is 86 pace and Ramires is 85 . But on a more serious note, I think he can be jsut as effective - his work ethic is tremendous and he too will create a lot of chances
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    A barrage of wummage from the trophy counters and anti-football brigade, I'd imagine.

We never did, might have fitted AVB's system I guess since he can retain possession better than our team can.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)

We never did, might have fitted AVB's system I guess since he can retain possession better than our team can.
    (Original post by Wawasan)
    I now think we should have Torres on the right wing, because as explained in my previous post, I think its essential we have Mata to really make Bayern pay. Plus, if FIFA ratings are anything to go by, Torres is 86 pace and Ramires is 85 . But on a more serious note, I think he can be jsut as effective - his work ethic is tremendous and he too will create a lot of chances
    He's also better at passing and crossing than ramires too. He doesn't have ramires work rate but he's the closest to it I guess.

I fancy sturridge vs contento. Despite his poor form. His pace against a makeshift bayern defence and diego contento of all people will be in our favour but he won't counter against ribery, and ribery will rape bosingwa without lube without proper cover.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

I fancy sturridge vs contento...
    I agree to an extent, but personally i feel sturridge has been far too selfish this year and I cant face the idea of him selfishly going for goal in the 85th min or something, instead of squaring it to a player and a goal being scored.

Anyway I really feel we have a great chance, their defence will be all over the place, and although their attack is very strong, we have seen versus barcalona that we can defend
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamcfc)
    I agree to an extent, but personally i feel sturridge has been far too selfish this year and I cant face the idea of him selfishly going for goal in the 85th min or something, instead of squaring it to a player and a goal being scored.

Anyway I really feel we have a great chance, their defence will be all over the place, and although their attack is very strong, we have seen versus barcalona that we can defend
    Pretty much that really. I know it sounds quite vague but I believe that if we shut out Robben and Ribery, then we've stopped a lot of the supply to Gomez. Subsequently, we could hit them hard - especially on the counter, and we'd have cut out the majority of their threat. As someone once said, Bayern are a possession keeping team but, with Muller in the side they don't keep it effectively.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think Chelsea have a decent chance of winning it this year, and I'm rooting for them and glad that at least one English team has got to the final.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^I like this guy.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Football loving 'psychic' llama predicts Chelsea Champions League glory

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddball...#ixzz1vAy8bAEh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    After watching them play a bit, i think chelsea should consider Seydou Doumbia (top russian league goal scorer) and Keisuke Honda, both from CSKA, both good technically, fast, creative and can score goals. In midfield we could go for Khedira, or Sven Bender, both german Defensive Mids, good experience, tall, reliable defensively.

If we do win the champions league, it'll help bring players like these over, maybe not from dortmund or real because they've got CL spots, and therefore will ask huge figures for their players, but Honda and Doumbia look to be pretty damned good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweed)
    After watching them play a bit, i think chelsea should consider Seydou Doumbia (top russian league goal scorer) and Keisuke Honda, both from CSKA, both good technically, fast, creative and can score goals. In midfield we could go for Khedira, or Sven Bender, both german Defensive Mids, good experience, tall, reliable defensively.

If we do win the champions league, it'll help bring players like these over, maybe not from dortmund or real because they've got CL spots, and therefore will ask huge figures for their players, but Honda and Doumbia look to be pretty damned good.
    I don't really think Khedira is anything special and alot of people are just jumping on the Bender hype train I think. I don't know if Honda would cut it in the Premier League though either.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doens't Khedira regularly start for Real Madrid? He won't be leaving any time soon since Mourinho rates him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah i guess, but defensive mids are probably the hardest to find with good experience. i guess only fellaini is left out of defensive mids with a good amount of PL experience?
Updated: March 22, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.