The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Getting upset with the lack of English-speaking people in England.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by asif007
Hold up... you're complaining about people who speak other languages, and your own girlfriend speaks a different language? Just lol :smile:

Why don't you try moving to a country in which you don't know any of the local language? Try living there for years in a dead-end job looking for better opportunities but feeling like an outcast. That's what many generations of immigrants have done before us, and I know just from reading your post that they work 100 times harder than you ever could. Stop complaining about people who appreciate Great Britain for it's multi-culturalism and come here to work for better lives. If you're so proud of being British, you should be welcoming them here - they make an effort to learn English so why can't you at least try to integrate? What's the harm in that?

Why? I don't understand why if you're proud of being British, you would want to make your children minorities in their ancestral homeland. Is there actually any logic behind this? Would mirpuris make an effort to integrate if millions of poor, uneducated english people parked up in mirpur and refused to learn the language, refused to interact with the locals beyond mugging or raping them and started demanding that churches be built all over town. How do you think that would go down?
Reply 301
Original post by ZOMFG_it'sCaiters
It may be, but it's the truth. If I'm going there for a weekend, why would I want to learn welsh? Maybe for novelty, to impress some welsh people but other than that, no reason.

Oh right. A holiday, fine. If you move to a country and refuse to learn the language, that's being ignorant and anti-social. Or if you open up loads of horrible stinky little shops and completely rip off all the locals and sell the alkies cider all day whilst sniggering and gibbering.
Original post by Bonged.
Oh right. A holiday, fine. If you move to a country and refuse to learn the language, that's being ignorant and anti-social. Or if you open up loads of horrible stinky little shops and completely rip off all the locals and sell the alkies cider all day whilst sniggering and gibbering.

...Why are you so bitter? :nothing:
Reply 303
Original post by whyumadtho
...Why are you so bitter? :nothing:

lol, I thought you knew I lived in Brent? A mugging a day doesn't keep the bitterness at bay I'm afraid.
Original post by Bonged.
lol, I thought you knew I lived in Brent? A mugging a day doesn't keep the bitterness at bay I'm afraid.
But you don't get mugged on a daily basis. Why do you bemoan the people who are upholding the economic viability of the area by opening independent businesses?

"Or if you open up loads of horrible stinky little shops"—like what?

"and completely rip off all the locals"—:facepalm: Then don't shop there. Are you under the impression no native British-run shops overprice their goods? :rolleyes:

"and sell the alkies cider all day"—unless the law obliges them, why should they have to conduct a character assessment on each of their customers?

"whilst sniggering and gibbering."—oh no, people are having a conversation. :eek:

Reply 305
But you don't get mugged on a daily basis. Why do you bemoan the people who are upholding the economic viability of the area by opening independent businesses?

"Or if you open up loads of horrible stinky little shops"—like what?

"and completely rip off all the locals"—:facepalm: Then don't shop there. Are you under the impression no native British-run shops overprice their goods? :rolleyes:

"and sell the alkies cider all day"—unless the law obliges them, why should they have to conduct a character assessment on each of their customers?

"whilst sniggering and gibbering."—oh no, people are having a conversation. :eek:

It's hovering between weekly and monthly atm, old bean.

Because they behave like parasites.
They rip off the locals - true. I've never seen a British run off licence.
They shouldn't act like drug dealers and peddle nasty cheap cider to obviously broken people - you expect people to be endeared to them?
In a foreign language. It's unbelievably rude to continue to babble in a foreign language amongst each other when locals come in, especially as those locals are expected to be embracing the vibrancy of these shops. lol.
Original post by Bonged.
It's hovering between weekly and monthly atm, old bean.
Who gets mugged that regularly? :rofl2: You're absolutely pathetic. The mental image I have of your physical stature right now is hilarious.

Because they behave like parasites.
In what way?
They rip off the locals - true. I've never seen a British run off licence.
What's wrong with off-licences? Feel free to trek to your nearest supermarket if you want the same goods at a slightly lower price; I prefer the convenience and locality of off-licences, however. Considering their popularity, most of the British population agrees with this position.

They shouldn't act like drug dealers and peddle nasty cheap cider to obviously broken people - you expect people to be endeared to them?
They're within the confines of the law. The people broke themselves, but, of course, you blame everyone but the people who have autonomy over their functions.

In a foreign language. It's unbelievably rude to continue to babble in a foreign language amongst each other when locals come in, especially as those locals are expected to be embracing the vibrancy of these shops. lol.
I don't really care what they're saying, regardless of the language they are using. I'm there to shop, not eavesdrop. :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 307
Who gets mugged that regularly? :rofl2: You're pathetic.

In what way?
What's wrong with off licences? Feel free to trek to your nearest supermarket if you want the same goods at a slightly lower price; I prefer the convenience and locality of off-licences, however. Considering their popularity, most of the British population agrees with this position.

They're within the confines of the law. The people broke themselves, but, of course, you blame everyone but the people who have autonomy over their functions.

I don't really care what they're saying, regardless of the language they are using. I'm there to shop, not eavesdrop. :rolleyes:

erm.. people that live in beastly areas? I understand that it would be difficult to get mugged in a leafy middle class area. In fact I haven't been mugged once whilst staying in Wales. How surprising. I'm sure you fight off knife wielding muggers all the time - being the muscleman that I've always envisaged you as. :holmes:

See your quotations.

Some people have morality. I suppose you don't have a problem with heroin dealers either cos - it's the junkies wot did it! You're a degenerate. :pierre:

That's your business. Some people expect businesses to display respect to their customers. :nothing:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bonged.
erm.. people that live in beastly areas? I understand that it would be difficult to get mugged in a leafy middle class area. In fact I haven't been mugged once whilst staying in Wales. How surprising.
What makes you a special target?

So you believe I'm an ethnic minority living in a leafy, middle-class area. Interesting.

I'm sure you fight off knife wielding muggers all the time - being the muscleman that I've always envisaged you as.
If I were targeted that regularly (I've never actually been targeted—maybe you look weak and vulnerable, who knows?) I would enrol in self-defence classes, but perhaps you're too incompetent to learn how to defend yourself. :rolleyes: I wouldn't just roll over and continue to get my possessions stolen.

See your quotations.
What? I still don't understand how they are "parasites".

Some people have morality. I suppose you don't have a problem with heroin dealers either cos - it's the junkies wot did it! You're a degenerate.
The dealers are breaking the law. If alcoholics couldn't buy it from off-licences they would buy it from supermarkets. Who will you blame then?

That's your business. Some people expect businesses to display respect to their customers.
I'm a customer and I don't find it to be disrespectful. Lodge a complaint if you expect people to go silent and lay a red carpet down following your entrance.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 309

So you believe I'm an ethnic minority living in a leafy, middle-class area. Interesting.

The dealers are breaking the law. If alcoholics couldn't buy it from off-licences they would buy it from supermarkets. Who will you blame then?

I'm a customer and I don't find it to be disrespectful. Lodge a complaint if you expect people to go silent and lay a red carpet down following your entrance.

I thought you knew I was white? I don't speak jafaican or dress like a jafaican either. I don't look like I should be around here.

Is this impossible? There's plenty of middle class minorites, who still feel persecuted. lol.

They rip off the locals, they shouldn't act like drug dealers and peddle nasty cheap cider to obviously broken people - you expect people to be endeared to them. It's unbelievably rude to continue to babble in a foreign language amongst each other when locals come in. Just had to read the quotes.

Both the supermarkets and the alcoholics. Seeing pushers peddling poison onto other people in my community doesn't endear me to said pushers. I'm sorry for being such a contrarian.

That's your call. Alot of people still hold some esteem for saying hello when you enter the store or even going so far as to make some small talk. Goddamn middle england types with their pleasantries and jumped up ideas of mutual respect. Lodge a complaint with who out of interest? The owner? Usually can't/won't speak English.
Reply 310

If I were targeted that regularly (I've never actually been targeted—maybe you look weak and vulnerable, who knows?) I would enrol in self-defence classes, but perhaps you're too incompetent to learn how to defend yourself. :rolleyes: I wouldn't just roll over and continue to get my possessions stolen.

Don't be mischievous. I seriously doubt you're a hard nut yourself, and I don't doubt that if you were confronted by a feral pack of yutes with knives you would indeed "roll over". Unless you were going to start an argument with them by asking them to "define gang culture". lol.
Original post by Bonged.
I thought you knew I was white? I don't speak jafaican or dress like a jafaican either. I don't look like I should be around here.
I strongly doubt the entire 'white' population of Brent are is mugged as much as you—I would suggest it's because you look weak and vulnerable. :smile:

Is this impossible? There's plenty of middle class minorites, who still feel persecuted. lol.
I just said it's interesting. :colone:

They rip off the locals, they shouldn't act like drug dealers and peddle nasty cheap cider to obviously broken people - you expect people to be endeared to them. It's unbelievably rude to continue to babble in a foreign language amongst each other when locals come in. Just had to read the quotes.
In what way is that parasitical? If people didn't appreciate their presence they would swiftly go out of business. They don't keep their shops open by just selling alcohol. :dunce:

Both the supermarkets and the alcoholics. Seeing pushers peddling poison onto other people in my community doesn't endear me to said pushers. I'm sorry for being such a contrarian.
So supermarkets are also unwanted parasites? Where do you buy your groceries?

That's your call. Alot of people still hold some esteem for saying hello when you enter the store or even going so far as to make some small talk. Goddamn middle england types with their pleasantries and jumped up ideas of mutual respect. Lodge a complaint with who out of interest? The owner? Usually can't/won't speak English.
In the overwhelming majority of off-licences I've used, regardless of the ethnicity of their owners, respect is almost exclusively afforded to the elderly/regular customers. You have some grossly misplaced sense of entitlement if you expect people to say hello and then converse with everyone who enters their store. :teehee: Of course the owner speaks English; how else would they have completed all of the licensing/supply agreements? :rolleyes:
Reply 312
I strongly doubt the entire 'white' population of Brent are is mugged as much as you—I would suggest it's because you look weak and vulnerable. :smile:

I just said it's interesting. :colone:

In what way is that parasitical? If people didn't appreciate their presence they would swiftly go out of business. They don't keep their shops open by just selling alcohol. :dunce:

So supermarkets are also unwanted parasites? Where do you buy your groceries?

In the overwhelming majority of off-licences I've used, regardless of the ethnicity of their owners, respect is almost exclusively afforded to the elderly/regular customers. You have some grossly misplaced sense of entitlement if you expect people to say hello and then converse with everyone who enters their store. :teehee: Of course the owner speaks English; how else would they have completed all of the licensing/supply agreements? :rolleyes:

Have you spoke to any of them? They get killed alot too. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chelsea-fan-murdered-and-dad-stabbed-843466
Suppose he shouldn't have looked so weak and vulnerable. He should have been black and strong. lol.

What makes it interesting?

In what way is ripping people off not parasitical?

No, why? I do dislike when big supermarkets move into little towns and out compete all the local shops, taking away the local character.

That isn't too much to expect, that someone says hello when you enter their store, good business sense if anything.

oh yeah, :dunce: :pierre: :nothing: :fuhrer: :eek: :colone: :biggrin: :wink: :rolleyes:
Original post by Bonged.
Don't be mischievous. I seriously doubt you're a hard nut yourself, and I don't doubt that if you were confronted by a feral pack of yutes with knives you would indeed "roll over". Unless you were going to start an argument with them by asking them to "define gang culture". lol.
Why is that? I've never been confronted in the first place, so I don't know how I would react in the situation. Unlike incompetent people like you, I would certainly take self-defence classes if it became regular. Alternatively, I would take an alternative route to my destination... actually, let me guess: gangs reside on both sides of every street waiting to prey on whatever 'white' person walks past, regardless of the time of day or how busy it is? Of course.

You may just look weak and vulnerable. :erm:
Reply 314
bat vhy?
Original post by Bonged.
Have you spoke to any of them? They get killed alot too. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chelsea-fan-murdered-and-dad-stabbed-843466
Suppose he shouldn't have looked so weak and vulnerable. He should have been black and strong. lol.
This one person got killed a lot? Quite a feat.

You get charged by a gang every month/week targeting you specifically? That's a strange coincidence.

What makes it interesting?
Watching the evolution of your conception of who I am.

In what way is ripping people off not parasitical?
People choose to shop there. :confused: This one, small store hardly has a monopoly in the food and drinks market.

No, why?
They sell people alcohol without performing character assessments.

I do dislike when big supermarkets move into little towns and out compete all the local shops, taking away the local character.
But you dislike the local off-licences, who will always have a more intimate connection with the locals than any major supermarket? Okay.

That isn't too much to expect, that someone says hello when you enter their store, good business sense if anything.
The overwhelming majority of food and drinks stores do not do this, especially if they are busy. People still shop there, however, so it is evidently not a manifest concern in most customers' satisfaction levels.
Reply 316
Why is that? I've never been confronted in the first place, so I don't know how I would react in the situation. Unlike incompetent people like you, I would certainly take self-defence classes if it became regular. Alternatively, I would take an alternative route to my destination... actually, let me guess: gangs reside on both sides of every street waiting to prey on whatever 'white' person walks past, regardless of the time of day or how busy it is? Of course.

You may just look weak and vulnerable. :erm:

Where are you from again?

Lol, sorry for being mugged by yutes. My fault of course. Nothing can be the yutes fault. Goddamn victims of criminals being so incompetent. Just buy a strap, innit.

Nah, tends to be in front of the tower blocs in congregations of 40-50 with loads of pit bulls and tiny bmxs(dont ask). The congregation grows come nightfall.

Maybe. Maybe you're just trolling me? Who knows? :holmes:
Original post by brownchocolateice

There are English people living in countries such as India, Ghana etc for many decades and they don't learn the local tongue. I don't hear of mass debate against them. What about the English who lived in Pakistan and India for 200 years. They did not integrate, accept local customs, speak the local language. Asians have been here 50 years and yet you can't cope with them wanting to retain their identity. Have you ever thought about how your ancestors imposed their foreign traditions and will on them and how many cultures you displaced? How treasures and valuables like Kohinoor were stolen from those lands?

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :tongue:
am i seriously the only one who noticed this?? :rolleyes:
Reply 318
This one person got killed a lot? Quite a feat.

You get charged by a gang every month/week targeting you specifically? That's a strange coincidence.

Watching the evolution of your conception of who I am.

People choose to shop there. :confused: This one, small store hardly has a monopoly in the food and drinks market.

They sell people alcohol without performing character assessments.

But you dislike the local off-licences, who will always have a more intimate connection with the locals than any major supermarket? Okay.

The overwhelming majority of food and drinks stores do not do this, especially if they are busy. People still shop there, however, so it is evidently not a manifest concern in most customers' satisfaction levels.

Nothing? Next quote.

A sociologist with not alot to say besides petty pedanticism?

There's normally only a few shops on an estate - normally they are all off licenses ran by parasites.

ho ho.

I dislike both. Both are parasitical. It's been established that it's outrageous to think that people that run the small shops should interact with people from the community beyond selling them alcohol, so how are they "intimately involved with the locals" except for the alkies maybe. Or the yutes they occasionally have to chase away.

There are no other local shops.
Reply 319
Original post by Nice.Guy
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :tongue:
am i seriously the only one who noticed this?? :rolleyes:

lol, we've been having the colonial guilt mass debate for the past 50 + years. It's a main part of the curriculum in state schools.

Latest

Trending

Trending