The Student Room Group

where to go for first date? tell me ur dream-first-date!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think the coffee shop is a great idea. Can't say no to the idea of a nice chat over a cuppa :smile:
depends what sort of girl she is... any background would help? then it'd be far easier to advise and also are you at uni, and is money a problem?
Original post by The Entity
Second one sounds like a funny guy.

He was... something all right. Funny? Not really. Mega douche? Definitely.
Reply 23
Go to a gay bar. Keep her guessing and all that.
Reply 24
Even though I'm rubbish at it, I think ice skating is really fun for a date.

For a 1st date, though, I'd say meeting for a coffee is best, as it's quite informal.
Reply 25
Original post by geetar
Even though I'm rubbish at it, I think ice skating is really fun for a date.

For a 1st date, though, I'd say meeting for a coffee is best, as it's quite informal.

I agree, I LOVE ice skating...even though I've not been in ages - anyone want to take me ice skating on a date?? :P
Bowling's a good idea as well...but try not to get too competitive, I had this problem with my last bf and tended to go in a huff when I lost. Skating's a bit more of a neutral activity.

You're in your first year of uni...so you could meet for a couple of drinks at your student's union...or get coffee together...or lunch. If there's an event on at your uni that you're both interested in, you could go to that together? Or you could combine all of the above (from the union idea - skating, bowling, drinks etc might be a bit much :P)

Hope it goes well :smile:
Take her to an owl sanctuary.
I went Latino Dancing when I was 15 on my first date with first girlfriend - interesting experience, but I wouldn't do it again though - it was filled with people who do all the competitions and a few elderly
Reply 28
The pub is as good as anywhere. You want somewhere where you can get to know them a bit, actually talk.

That said, if any girl wanted to get me VIP tickets to something like BSB/Moto GP/F1 then that would be good as well. :biggrin:
I like being asked out for a drink because then it's totally chilled out and there's no pressure. I find that if a guy takes me for dinner on a first date it can be a little awkward because I dunno.. I feel kinda bad letting a guy I hardly know buy me dinner.. and if I don't like him then I don't want to be seen as someone who just goes out with guys for free meals and then ditches them lol. At the same time, if a guy let me pay for myself (I always offer) then it might feel a bit weird.. Also, if you go to the cinema then it's a bit awkward because I think the guy feels like he should make a move which creates a bit of a tension that I find really tedious and you don't get to talk to each other so it's all a bit pointless really. I think 'do you fancy going for a drink on friday?' is perfectly good. Just don't ask her out last minute because that gives out the wrong messages. Personally if a guy asks me on a friday for instance to go for a drink with him that night or the following night then I'd always be busy because I'd think that he'd probably been blown out by his mates and I was a last resort. Ask her on a wednesday if she'd like to go for a drink at the weekend maybe.
Bowling dates are always really fun.
I love walks in the countryside but I'd obviously go for somewhere picturesque and end up in a cafe/gastropub to break up for the date.

Now obviously, that pleases me, not necessarily the girl, so I'd always try to get a feel for what she'd like to do before suggesting anything. It may be less spontaneous but I'd rather it be something we'd both like to do rather than one of these experiences which could be awkward for the other person, such as I dunno, taekwondo classes. :P
My first proper one was at a latino-ballroom dance afternoon - it was ..... different
A dream first date; Clubbing/Night out in a bar of some sort (I don't drink, I just like the social atmosphere and the scene)
Reply 33
if in doubt, pub
Original post by pol pot noodles
The last time I asked someone out for the first time, she agreed on the condition that I take her out to somewhere expensive, so I took her to a petrol station.
Lol perfect :rolleyes:
I think my perfect date would be bowling or mini golf.
FA Cup final. Sorted :wink:
i had the nicest first date ever the other day :smile:

met this guy for bowling, it went quite quick, then he asked if i wanted to go play some snooker, so we caught a bus to town and played snooker for a few hours.

Then he asked me if i wanted some food, so we went to a pub and he bought us some food.

We then went to a bar for a few more drinks, and he asked me to stay out longer (we'd been together 8 hours!!) but i had to go.

It was nice :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by pinkangelgirl
i had the nicest first date ever the other day :smile:

met this guy for bowling, it went quite quick, then he asked if i wanted to go play some snooker, so we caught a bus to town and played snooker for a few hours.

Then he asked me if i wanted some food, so we went to a pub and he bought us some food.

We then went to a bar for a few more drinks, and he asked me to stay out longer (we'd been together 8 hours!!) but i had to go.

It was nice :smile:

What? I've played at a snooker hall for like 8 years and never once saw a girl playing, never mind as part of a date. :lolwut:
Reply 39
It should entail a long, meandering walk at one point :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending