The Student Room Group

Where to sell clothes online???

Hey guys, where can I sell clothes online, apart from E-bay because im not too keen on ebay as is for everything and I find it a bit complex. I was looking for an online platform which is mainly or only devoted to fashion items like dresses, shoes, etc.

Cheers in advance! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I would still recommend that you take another look at eBay. The great thing is you can determine the price of the post and packing, as long as you weigh the items and check the price online at Royal mail, then you won't be out of pocket for postage costs, which is always a plus.

You could also look at gumtree.com
Reply 2
Oh yes Gumtree is good I guess but it doesn't really have an interface, i'll have a look. I will try and look into Ebay too again

Thanks
Try bigwardrobe.com. You can put your clothes up to be either bought or swapped - and free clothes are always good!
Reply 4
I found Ebay quite confusing at first but now I'm used to it I love it! Got rid of loads of stuff on there.
The only other one I've heard of is preloved.co.uk, I've never used it myself so I'm not sure what its like.
Reply 5
Original post by cat_in_the_hat
Try bigwardrobe.com. You can put your clothes up to be either bought or swapped - and free clothes are always good!

hmm..I have tried Bigwardrobe like last year but I lost interest because I found they do mostly swaps and I am only interested in selling and I noticed the site isnt not too active. Not many users log in.

I think there is a niche market for this
Reply 6
Original post by GingerBean
I found Ebay quite confusing at first but now I'm used to it I love it! Got rid of loads of stuff on there.
The only other one I've heard of is preloved.co.uk, I've never used it myself so I'm not sure what its like.

I had a look at preloved, it seems allright. I'll have another go at Ebay if I have enough patience!
Reply 7
Ebay is probably the best, because so many people look on there. Not sure if other websites where you can sell clothes would get as much traffic.

I know what you mean though about it being a bit complicated or a pain to sell stuff there though. I agree... but I also need to do it!
Reply 8
Saw lots of charity shops today on my travels. They always need clothes....
I think you can sell on Amazon, not sure though
you can sell on asos now i think
Reply 11
I would try asos as they recently opened a marketplace section.
Yeah ASOS marketplace.
hmm.. ASOS marketplace looks promising, just had a look, need to find out how their commission works. Thanks i'll try it out, got loads of un-worn things to sell!
Reply 14
You can also try this website, and please come and have a look at my profile. I only have 2 items right now, but will be uploading more: http://www.friendlyfashion.co.uk/member/item/my_list/1629
Reply 15
it depends on what you looking for, if u havent found a place to sell on. you can check my website ww.personalswagger.co.uk and i can allow you to list your items for absolutely nothing. you can email me via my website and we can discuss further
Reply 16
Original post by preeti4fashion
Oh yes Gumtree is good I guess but it doesn't really have an interface, i'll have a look. I will try and look into Ebay too again

Thanks

I know a couple of people that use bigcartel? not sure if it will help
Reply 17
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I would still recommend that you take another look at eBay. The great thing is you can determine the price of the post and packing, as long as you weigh the items and check the price online at Royal mail, then you won't be out of pocket for postage costs, which is always a plus.

You could also look at gumtree.com

Yes, I can't agree more.It is a great platform. But it seems that I need to pay for posting ad?Isn't it?
EBay, definitely. You'll get used to it quickly and there's nowhere better or larger (as far as I'm aware)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kim8820
Yes, I can't agree more.It is a great platform. But it seems that I need to pay for posting ad?Isn't it?

Yes, you do pay a small fee to list items on ebay but it can be as little as twenty to forty pence as long as you don't use the extras such larger images and subtitles, which in all fairness you don't really need. Occasionally there are 'free-listing' weekends so you could keep an eye out for these.

Quick Reply

Latest