Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

There IS a punishment for rape in Islam

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    He does. Muslims do/

The believe that a woman who got raped is guilty of illegal and adulterous sex because she had sex with someone who isn't her husband. Insane ideology right? Well not for them.
    Uh... Muslims don't? The definition of rape doesn't change between religions...

(Original post by FrogInABog)
    This was about the woman who was a victim of the rape, right?

What on earth does she need pardoning for?! She's been raped, she's done nothing wrong! How can you can you possibly call rape an 'act [the women] do by mistake, due to forgetfulness'?

How can someone 'forget' not to be raped?!

I seriously hope that you don't believe that the woman is in some way responsible?
    To clarity, that Hadith ("Allah has pardoned for me my people for [their] mistakes and [their] forgetfulness and for what they have done under duress.") is not actually about pardoning for a woman who has been raped - as you said; she's done nothing wrong.

It's about repentance for any sin in general. In fact, it goes on to explain that dire necessity makes the forbidden allowable - for example eating haram meat to keep from starvation -> as stated in the Qur'an: “But for whoever is forced by hunger (to eat of the forbidden) without desiring sin, verily Allah is forgiving and merciful.” (Qur’an 5:3)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrogInABog)
    This was about the woman who was a victim of the rape, right?

What on earth does she need pardoning for?! She's been raped, she's done nothing wrong! How can you can you possibly call rape an 'act [the women] do by mistake, due to forgetfulness'?

How can someone 'forget' not to be raped?!

I seriously hope that you don't believe that the woman is in some way responsible?

(Original post by .eXe)
    He does. Muslims do/

The believe that a woman who got raped is guilty of illegal and adulterous sex because she had sex with someone who isn't her husband. Insane ideology right? Well not for them.

:facepalm2:

"Indeed, Allah has pardoned my people for the acts they do by mistake, due to forgetfulness, and what they are coerced into doing." [Sunan Ibn Mâjah]

You should finish reading the statement.
    • 25 followers

(Original post by At peace)
    The holy Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet(Peace be upon him).
    What makes it more right than My Holy Journal and the sayings of the almighty Pink Unicorn (Peace be upon him)?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can say the same for you with slight modification:
    Oh dear, it seems you've been indoctrinated into the whole "Oppressive and backward Islam" idea to justify the laws of your own countries.

Wrong. But I do love KSA. However I hate the pinguin who rules it. It's not a country with 100% shariah implemented in it. If it were women there would be able to drive. There is a authentic hadeeth which encouraged women to learn to ride and appreciated them. This hadith is the evidence that women are not only allowed to drive but also appreciated. I don't get what stuck in the penguin's head and I'm not obliged to take his orders Alhumdulillah (All praise is due to Allaah)

Who said anything about "Completely" naked. You want that to happen?!?! While the rest you say is more common in the west. You deny that? Wow. Okay.

Funny how you think the society has no hand in bringing the girls out of their clothes.

Nope. Considering it's definition keeps on changing. It is not a "freedom of expression" if a women wear Burqa but it is if she wears a bikini. Cute.

Trash as in they don't cover their beauty. And that more than just common in the west.

ANd you are wrong here. Face = part of the body. You can't cover that in paris.
    Im sure you trying to wind us up. So, if a woman doesnt cover herself fully shes 'trash'? You do realise you've just labeled the near whole female population as that? Do you not see how absurd and insulting you are?

Beauty is to be admired, thats why it is natural to look at things that are beautiful. All your hijabs are doing is preventing nature.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    What makes it more right than My Holy Journal and the sayings of the almighty Pink Unicorn (Peace be upon him)?
    How about you study your holy journal and the life of almighty pink unicorn and the Qur'an and the life of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and decide what makes it more right.
    (Original post by Chloe xxx)
    Im sure you trying to wind us up. So, if a woman doesnt cover herself fully shes 'trash'? You do realise you've just labeled the near whole female population as that? Do you not see how absurd and insulting you are?
    Yeah. very much like the women who covers is oppressed in your opinion. Trash is available to all and uncovered, not pearls. If you'd like it in poetic words. Do you also realise that you have labeled a number of females as that? Do you not see how extremely ignorant and hypocritical you are?

Beauty is to be admired, thats why it is natural to look at things that are beautiful. All your hijabs are doing is preventing nature.
    Yeah plastic beads are no where in league with pearls. Only ''some" can admire the beauty of the pearls. Hope you got where you are trying put yourself by this argument.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxelliexX)
    He said to the woman:

??

Oh, that's very nice of Allah to forgive a woman for being raped... :rolleyes:
    Exactly. Clearly in Islam being raped is something to be ashamed of, and you need 'forgiving' for being raped. Great message for young girls right there.
    • 25 followers

How about you study your holy journal and the life of almighty pink unicorn and the Qur'an and the life of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and decide what makes it more right.
    I did study both, and I picked the Almighty pink unicorn (PBUH) over muhammed. I ask again, what makes your more right than mine?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah. very much like the women who covers is oppressed in your opinion. Trash is available to all and uncovered, not pearls. If you'd like it in poetic words. Do you also realise that you have labeled a number of females as that? Do you not see how extremely ignorant and hypocritical you are?

Yeah plastic beads are no where in league with pearls. Only ''some" can admire the beauty of the pearls. Hope you got where you are trying put yourself by this argument.
    You really are talking crap now arnt you. I never said women who cover themselves are oppressed at all, I said it is more oppressive than being able to dress how you like. Are you completely blind? And I'm sorry but I bet all the models and other women who make money from their attractiveness and sexuality are a lot more like 'pearls' than some rough looking old muslim woman under a cloak. So that comparison is void, basically. You are in no place to judge anyone. Your so insulting im considering reporting you.

I think you'll find I stated quite clearly I think a woman should be able to dress how she likes, including hijab. However, you are ridiculous and insane to label the vast majority of women on the planet tramps as they dont fully cover. Its just so ridiculous in so many ways i dont know where to start.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    Marriage is completely unnecessary for the survival of our species, it's the intercourse that counts, regardless of whether two people have some piece of paper saying the law recognises them as being together. We survived for millennia without marriage, we'd continue to survive without it - it's a bit of an outdated and arguably unnecessary thing.

Nowt wrong with fornication. It's hardly immoral, it's the cornerstone of a species survival. As far as I'm aware there are no other species that have marriage - mate for life - yes, but we can do that without marrying too.
    You see man as an animal. Fruits of evolution?

I see man as a human with conscience and a soul. Fruits of faith. A point where we don't agree.

I do agree with the old prevention worth more than cure saying, but my point is that your method of prevention seems slightly over the top.
    Problem is, Islam just doesn't take other opinion into consideration for legislating laws for the establishment of a civilised society.

I never thought you meant physically forced, but I disagree with regards to the psychological force. The media may be overly sexualised nowadays, it's not something I agree with, but it doesn't push people into doing things - it encourages some of the "less savoury" aspects of our culture, but people are going to do what ever they're going to do, regardless of what the media says. It just makes it seem more acceptable and so they don't go about hiding their actions/repressing their desires.
    When the fashion fold decide you wear long and loose, everyone does. When it's short and sticking, no one wears long and loose. Whoever doesn't follow the up to date fashion stuff is laughed at and embarrassed. There no psycology involved? You fail to realize that man dictates you the whole time. Where we serve One God. You serve Millions. You don't agree? K!
    The niqaabi itself is not unfair, what is unfair is saying to people that you must dress a certain way (i.e. cover-up completely when not in the privacy of ones own home).
    everyone of us tries to correct and tries to convince the other of what is right. Arn't 'you' right now trying to tell me that I'm wrong and you are right. Why is that you can express your views, tell me I'm wrong, try to correct me to what you think is right but "I" can't? whomsoever corrects the other does it with the best of intentions, it's quite unfair of you to say it's unfair simply because you don't believe the certain thing is correct, whereas you go about correcting people yourself.

It's human, all of do it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The laws of Islam came to protect women's honour and modesty. Islam forbids women to wear clothes that are not modest and to travel without a mahram; it forbids a woman to shake hands with a non-mahram man. Islam encourages young men and women to marry early, and many other rulings which close the door to rape. Hence it comes as no surprise when we hear or read that most of these crimes occur in permissive societies which are looked up to by some Muslims as examples of civilization and refinement! In America – for example – International Amnesty stated in a 2004 report entitled “Stop Violence Against Women” that every 90 seconds a woman was raped during that year. What kind of life are these people living? What refinement and civilization do they want the Muslim women to take part in?

The punishment for rape in Islam is same as the punishment for zina, which is stoning if the perpetrator is married, and one hundred lashes and banishment for one year if he is not married.

Some scholars also say that he is required to pay a mahr to the woman.

Imam Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In our view the man who rapes a woman, whether she is a virgin or not, if she is a free woman he must pay a “dowry” like that of her peers, and if she is a slave he must pay whatever has been detracted from her value. The punishment is to be carried out on the rapist and there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case. End quote.

Al-Muwatta’, 2/734

Shaykh Salmaan al-Baaji (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In the case of a woman who is forced (raped): if she is a free woman, the one who forced her must pay her a “dowry” like that of her peers, and the hadd punishment is to be carried out on him. This is the view of al-Shaafa’i, and it is the view of al-Layth, and it was also narrated from ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him).

Abu Haneefah and al-Thawri said: the hadd punishment is to be carried out on him but he is not obliged to pay the “dowry”.

The evidence for what we say is that the hadd punishment and the “dowry” are two rights, one of which is the right of Allaah and the other is the right of the other person. So they may be combined, as in the case of a thief whose hand is cut off and he is required to return the stolen goods. End quote.

Al-Muntaha Sharh al-Muwatta’, 5/268, 269

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The scholars are unanimously agreed that the rapist is to be subjected to the hadd punishment if there is clear evidence against him that he deserves the hadd punishment, or if he admits to that. Otherwise, he is to be punished (i.e., if there is no proof that the hadd punishment for zina may be carried out against him because he does not confess, and there are not four witnesses, then the judge may punish him and stipulate a punishment that will deter him and others like him). There is no punishment for the woman if it is true that he forced her and overpowered her, which may be proven by her screaming and shouting for help. End quote.

Al-Istidhkaar, 7/146

Secondly:

The rapist is subject to the hadd punishment for zina, even if the rape was not carried out at knife-point or gun-point. If the use of a weapon was threatened, then he is a muhaarib, and is to be subjected to the hadd punishment described in the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The recompense of those who wage war against Allaah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter”

[al-Maaidah 5:33]

So the judge has the choice of the four punishments mentioned in this verse, and may choose whichever he thinks is most suitable to attain the objective, which is to spread peace and security in society, and ward off evildoers and aggressors.

And Allaah knows best.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    You see man as an animal. Fruits of evolution?

I see man as a human with conscience and a soul. Fruits of faith. A point where we don't agree.

Problem is, Islam just doesn't take other opinion into consideration for legislating laws for the establishment of a civilised society.

When the fashion fold decide you wear long and loose, everyone does. When it's short and sticking, no one wears long and loose. Whoever doesn't follow the up to date fashion stuff is laughed at and embarrassed. There no psycology involved? You fail to realize that man dictates you the whole time. Where we serve One God. You serve Millions. You don't agree? K!

everyone of us tries to correct and tries to convince the other of what is right. Arn't 'you' right now trying to tell me that I'm wrong and you are right. Why is that you can express your views, tell me I'm wrong, try to correct me to what you think is right but "I" can't? whomsoever corrects the other does it with the best of intentions, it's quite unfair of you to say it's unfair simply because you don't believe the certain thing is correct, whereas you go about correcting people yourself.

It's human, all of do it.
    The problem with Islam isn't its stance on clothing for example. It's okay for it to promote covering up for modesty purposes. The problem arises when such ideas are "forced"

And Islam is predominantly a religion of force and pressure. Men and women are forced and expected by the religion to adhere to very strict principles and if they do not do so, the religion automatically condemns them to sin and they are punished. This is the part I dont get and like.

You can defend Islam till you are blue in the face about how god is all merciful and covering up is nice and all that but the minute "force" is introduce into the argument, well it's a pretty flimsy argument from that point on.

Three of my largest concerns about islam:
    1) it is extremely sexist
    2) it used fear, force, pressure in the name of god, to convince people to do certain things
    3) it for some reason allows man to dish out punishment for sins against god. If a woman disobeys a godly commandment for example, why do muslim men take it upon themselves to punish her? her sin is NOT AGAINST THEM. who the hell are they do decide that the woman is in sin and must thus be punished?

this is the biggest problem with islam and its a reason why i think it's the most corrosive religion on the planet. men taking god's work into their own hands and pretending that they are doing good, in the name of god.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bukhatir)
    The laws of Islam came to protect women's honour and modesty. Islam forbids women to wear clothes that are not modest and to travel without a mahram; it forbids a woman to shake hands with a non-mahram man. Islam encourages young men and women to marry early, and many other rulings which close the door to rape. Hence it comes as no surprise when we hear or read that most of these crimes occur in permissive societies which are looked up to by some Muslims as examples of civilization and refinement! In America – for example – International Amnesty stated in a 2004 report entitled “Stop Violence Against Women” that every 90 seconds a woman was raped during that year. What kind of life are these people living? What refinement and civilization do they want the Muslim women to take part in?

The punishment for rape in Islam is same as the punishment for zina, which is stoning if the perpetrator is married, and one hundred lashes and banishment for one year if he is not married.

Some scholars also say that he is required to pay a mahr to the woman.

Imam Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In our view the man who rapes a woman, whether she is a virgin or not, if she is a free woman he must pay a “dowry” like that of her peers, and if she is a slave he must pay whatever has been detracted from her value. The punishment is to be carried out on the rapist and there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case. End quote.

Al-Muwatta’, 2/734

Shaykh Salmaan al-Baaji (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In the case of a woman who is forced (raped): if she is a free woman, the one who forced her must pay her a “dowry” like that of her peers, and the hadd punishment is to be carried out on him. This is the view of al-Shaafa’i, and it is the view of al-Layth, and it was also narrated from ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him).

Abu Haneefah and al-Thawri said: the hadd punishment is to be carried out on him but he is not obliged to pay the “dowry”.

The evidence for what we say is that the hadd punishment and the “dowry” are two rights, one of which is the right of Allaah and the other is the right of the other person. So they may be combined, as in the case of a thief whose hand is cut off and he is required to return the stolen goods. End quote.

Al-Muntaha Sharh al-Muwatta’, 5/268, 269

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The scholars are unanimously agreed that the rapist is to be subjected to the hadd punishment if there is clear evidence against him that he deserves the hadd punishment, or if he admits to that. Otherwise, he is to be punished (i.e., if there is no proof that the hadd punishment for zina may be carried out against him because he does not confess, and there are not four witnesses, then the judge may punish him and stipulate a punishment that will deter him and others like him). There is no punishment for the woman if it is true that he forced her and overpowered her, which may be proven by her screaming and shouting for help. End quote.

Al-Istidhkaar, 7/146

Secondly:

The rapist is subject to the hadd punishment for zina, even if the rape was not carried out at knife-point or gun-point. If the use of a weapon was threatened, then he is a muhaarib, and is to be subjected to the hadd punishment described in the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The recompense of those who wage war against Allaah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter”

[al-Maaidah 5:33]

So the judge has the choice of the four punishments mentioned in this verse, and may choose whichever he thinks is most suitable to attain the objective, which is to spread peace and security in society, and ward off evildoers and aggressors.

And Allaah knows best.
    'Islam encourages young men and women to marry early, and many other rulings which close the door to rape. ' See this is where you are so, so wrong, along with other muslims who think ridiculous tactics like this will 'prevent' rape. God some muslims are so damn stupid.

One of lifes complicated facts for those who are clearly lacking in any brain cells:

A man doesnt rape a woman because they are arnt covered head to foot, or because they arnt married, or because they saw her elbow or maybe even shock horror her face, or because the woman is drunk. They do it because its a power, violence and control thing. If not, explain why very old women get raped, and unattractive women who are wearing jeans and baggy clothes get raped, and little children get raped who are wearing kiddie clothes, and also why young boys get raped? Now dont tell me its because of any of the above, or because they are too 'tempting' visually to men. They do it because of violence and control, and because they are sick minded. If an unmarried and uncovered woman invites rape so much, why are all these women not being raped by every man that sees them? Likewise, why did a rapist choose to rape an elderly woman instead of a young girl in a short skirt?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the life of respected woman, not a wandering, lust hungry animal.
    very poetical

personally, I have never met one of those wandering, lust hungry animals

sigh... probably we'll have to wait for paradise.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can we not just accept that the western worlds treats the women as sexual toy, 10th class citizen or worse.
    So women in islam get treated better than women in the west? Really? Thanks for telling me.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Your post equates to that of an epic fail!!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musabjilani)
    Laws for apostasy and blasphemy aren't mentioned in the Qur'an either. Regarding rape, well, the criminality of rape outside of marriage probably flows directly from the general criminality of sex outside of marriage (but, of course, with no blame on the victim), or just from plain common sense. The criminality of marital rape is an extremely recent phenomenon and would probably not have made sense given seventh-century society and values, so I see no problem with it not being mentioned in the primary Islamic texts. There are, however, mechanisms built into Islam which allow for laws to be updated as society, values and morality evolve, and these mechanisms should be used to criminalize marital rape now that society has reached a point where it has recognized the immorality of the same.
    I think that your view makes a lot of sense.

no sensible person could expect a 7th century text to foresee how society would evolve over 1400 years.

in the 7th century, to beat your disobedient wife was just normal common sense. To have sex with your slave girls was pretty much what any decent slave-owner would do.

The problems come when society changes rapidly and considerably. In those conditions, it becomes next to impossible to stick to the letter of the 7th year text : you have to resort to interpretative/linguistic acrobatics, in order to somehow accommodate it.

The Quran is, in character, more of a literary text, rather than a legal manual : therefore, there are only a limited number of verses which are blatantly unjustifiable in our times (like the "wife-beating" ayah, or the ayah which authorizes as a punishment the "cutting of hands and feet on opposite sides", or the execution of war prisoners etc etc).

The problem arises much more frequently with the thousands of Muhammad's sayings (ahadith) and the jurisprudence (fiqh) derived from it.

The jurisprudence "solidified" (in its main lines) around 900-1000 CE, and contains many, many detailed rules. It deals in detail with issues like execution of apostates,marriage, divorce, physical punishments, the treatment of non-Muslims, the political, economic, fiscal organization of the State. A good part of it, IMHO, is hopelessly, terminally outdated.

In other words, "modern" Islam has a huge work in front of it, if it wants to resume a positive role in human development, after a stasis of centuries : however, the first step would be to abandon, once and for all, the idea that the Quran is the "literal" word of God.

Muslims should do this not with the objective of "pleasing the kuffar" (the non-Muslims), but rather for themselves and their Ummah.

Hope this helps.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe xxx)
    You know what this thread is missing? Proof from the muslims of numerous men in Islamic countries who've been done for rape.

It wont happen, you'll find more women behind bars for 'zina'.

Wonder if any on here actually have sources to prove men do get tried for rape easily in these countries. And not words of imams and scholars, that doesnt wash with me. Cold hard reporting of a man in islamic countries serving a sentence for rape. I've got a feeling I'll be sat here a while....
    Good point.

most "Islamic" countries operate in practice some sort of "dual" system. Therefore, you will have both the "traditional" Shariah courts or authority (based on the traditional madhabs- legal schools), but also "modern" penal codes and courts.

This, usually, is the source of endless confusion and uncertainty. Often, Shariah courts will make decisions which are then quashed by some sort of "Supreme Court" or Authority and their rulings ignored. This is typical of e.g. Iran, where in the outlaying provinces, Shariah judges happily sentence apostates and adulterers to death, but the Head of the Justice Ministry will quash the sentences so as to avoid international outcry.

In other words, legal certainty is almost at level zero, and much depends from luck or contingent political considerations ("pleasing the Islamists" vs."pleasing international public opinion").

Therefore, I am sure also that it should not be difficult to find in many Muslim countries rapists simply serving prison sentences (prison sentences are a concept quite stranger to Shariah) instead of being lashed or executed.

I'll try to find something, later on.

Best
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S'Class)
    I'm getting kind of fed up that some people on this forum can't get it into their heads that Islam does punish rape. Whenever a thread appears of a Muslim rapist or an event from the Muslim world, some idiot comes and posts something about rapist are allowed to get away.

First of all, everyone needs to know that there is currently no country in the world with full Sharia Law in place. So if there is any Muslim majority country that lets rapists go free, then it obviously doesn't have Islamic Law implemented.

Secondly, four witnesses are NOT required for the woman to be innocent. This is for fornication and adultery. If anyone claims this, then bring your evidence from the Quran and/or Hadith.

People really need to learn this before accusing Islam of such a thing.

Evidence for punishment:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr:

"When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet PBUH for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her.

She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her.

She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah PBUH.

When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her.

He (the Prophet) said to her: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. But he told the man some good words (AbuDawud said: meaning the man who was seized), and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death.

He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them."

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4366
    This passageway is from a hadith, not from the quran. There are many horrendous quotes from the hadiths that I showed to Muslim people before during debates. Their reply was "don't trust the hadiths, only the quran. Because the Hadith are unreliable sources".

I did them the courtesy of not mentioning the hadiths again, but if you do insist on using them now then I can give you several quotes from them that glorify rape.

Book 008, Number 3377:
    Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported that mention was made of 'azl in the presence of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) whereupon he said: Why do you practise it? They said: There is a man whose wife has to suckle the child, and if that person has a sexual intercourse with her (she may conceive) which he does not like, and there is another person who has a slave-girl and he has a sexual intercourse with her, but he does not like her to have conception so that she may not become Umm Walad, whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: There is no harm if you do not do that, for that (the birth of the child) is something pre- ordained.

In fact the whole of that chapter is talking about how to have sex with slave girls without getting them pregnant (because pregnancy will reduce the slave's value).

There are ridiculously violent quotes from many of the hadiths as well which I'm not going to mention here yet.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    This passageway is from a hadith, not from the quran. There are many horrendous quotes from the hadiths that I showed to Muslim people before during debates. Their reply was "don't trust the hadiths, only the quran. Because the Hadith are unreliable sources".

I did them the courtesy of not mentioning the hadiths again, but if you do insist on using them now then I can give you several quotes from them that glorify rape.

Book 008, Number 3377:
    Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported that mention was made of 'azl in the presence of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) whereupon he said: Why do you practise it? They said: There is a man whose wife has to suckle the child, and if that person has a sexual intercourse with her (she may conceive) which he does not like, and there is another person who has a slave-girl and he has a sexual intercourse with her, but he does not like her to have conception so that she may not become Umm Walad, whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: There is no harm if you do not do that, for that (the birth of the child) is something pre- ordained.

In fact the whole of that chapter is talking about how to have sex with slave girls without getting them pregnant (because pregnancy will reduce the slave's value).

There are ridiculously violent quotes from many of the hadiths as well which I'm not going to mention here yet.

And where does it mention rape?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S'Class)
    And where does it mention rape?
    Oops sorry that was an extension of something else that I was going to paste (from the same chapter). Pasted the wrong thing.

Book 008, Number 3371:
    Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): 0 Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid-conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Mes- senger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.

^ that's the right quote. Sorry about that.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    Oops sorry that was an extension of something else that I was going to paste (from the same chapter). Pasted the wrong thing.

Book 008, Number 3371:
    Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): 0 Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid-conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Mes- senger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.

^ that's the right quote. Sorry about that.
    That's OK. But I still don't see any mention of force or rape...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.